GA GA - Dawson Co, WhtMale UP4699, 24-29, off Georgia 53, shorter collarbone, Dec'87

Romulus

Reaction score
The Doe Network

cache.php

Unidentified Male

Date of Discovery: December 11, 1987
Location of Discovery: Juno, Dawson County, Georgia
Estimated Date of Death: 1986 through the summer or early fall of 1987
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 24-29 years old
Race: White
Height: 6'0" to 6'2"
Weight: 150-170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brownish red with frosted ends.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Smoker. Had a shorter left collarbone - may have broken the left collar bone as child. Cervical rib on the right side.
Dentals: Not available. Had all 32 teeth at time of death.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Levi's blue jeans (32W x 34L), long-sleeved T-shirt with "PASSION TOUR 86" on the front and "ROBIN TROWER" on the left sleeve and back, boxer shorts, white high top Reebok athletic shoes with blue trim and red soles, white sweat socks with red stripes, and a dark John Henry windbreaker.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Latest date on coins found in his pockets was 1986.

Case History

Hunters found the victim's remains along a dirt logging road off Georgia 53, approximately one mile south of Georgia 400.
Robin Trower, an English recording artist, appeared at the Center Stage in Atlanta on December 10, 1986, and also on July 6, 1987.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;
Agency Name: Georgia Bureau of Investigations
Agency Contact Person: Frederick Snow
Agency Phone Number: 404-270-8206

Agency Case Number: 802350188
NCIC Case Number: U280346436
NamUs Case Number: UP #4699
Former Hot Case Number: 282
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs
Georgia Bureau of Investigations
Doe Network link
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2004umga.html

The Doe Network: 2004UMGA The Doe Network: 2004UMGA
NamUs UP Case 4699 Unidentified Person Case

Unidentified White Male
* Located: on December 11, 1987 in Juno, Dawson County, Georgia
* Estimated Date of Death: 1986 through the summer or early fall of 1987

Physical Description

• Estimated Age: 24-29 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height: 6'0" to 6'2"
  • Weight: 150-170 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Brownish red with frosted ends.
  • Eye Color: Unknown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: Smoker. Had a shorter left collarbone - may have broken the left collar bone as child. Cervical rib on the right side.

• Dentals: Not available. Had all 32 teeth at time of death.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Not available.

Clothes and Personal Items

• Clothing: Levi's blue jeans (32W x 34L), long-sleeved T-shirt with "PASSION TOUR 86" on the front and "ROBIN TROWER" on the left sleeve and back, boxer shorts, white high top Reebok athletic shoes with blue trim and red soles, white sweat socks with red stripes, and a dark John Henry windbreaker.

• Jewelry: Unknown

• Additional Personal Items: Latest date on coins found in his pockets was 1986.

Case History
Hunters found the victim's remains along a dirt logging road off Georgia 53, approximately one mile south of Georgia 400.

Robin Trower, an English recording artist, appeared at the Center Stage in Atlanta on December 10, 1986, and also on July 6, 1987.

Given the lack of dentals, fingerprints, or DNA I have not submitted any matches to LE, but one possible candidate would be Timothy Guy. Guy would be outside the weight and age ranges, but he disappeared within an hour of where the UID was found and disappeared on 2/6/1987 which falls squarely within the time frame.

The Doe Network: Case File 86DMGA

Timothy J. Guy – The Charley Project

Missing Person Case

I am curious if anyone has any further insight into the clothing the UID was wearing when he was found, particularly any additional dates and locations of the Robin Trower "Passion" Tour and any other men who match the profile who went missing between 1986-1987.

There's not much to it, but there is an existing thread on this UID: GA - GA - Dawson Co, WhtMale UP4699, 24-29, off Georgia 53, shorter collarbone, Dec'87
It is the same information. I forgot to check if another thread already existed before I created this one and asked a mod to merge the two once I realized it.

Also, I did go ahead and submit Timothy Guy as a possible match to this UID to the Doe Network. My hope is that if the Doe Network finds them to be a worthwhile match then it might encourage LE to take a second look at this case and maybe generate a dental chart, reconstruction, or even obtain DNA as any of the three might lead to a new break in the case and hopefully to the UID's identity being found.

Last edited:
I can't exactly say whether or not this is the shirt that this man was found wearing, but it seems relatively close.
Only difference in these images is that "Passion Tour 86" is on the back and "Robin Trower" is on the front. No mention of any images on the shirt, however

Again, I cannot be certain that this is the exact shirt John Doe was found wearing, but it could give us a basic idea of what he may have been wearing.
original.png

m_593cd6704127d0cbee00574d.jpg

Refreshing the thread...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member