GA GA - Detrez Green, 2, missing after tornado, Ashburn, 22 Jan 2017

Thank you all for keeping this thread going and for caring.

Unbelievable to me how any parents can stay this silent. Where is your child? Where are the searches? Where is the concern except from total strangers?

It's been 2 months rant...
Also photo's and a lot of interesting comments.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1005500682926733&id=127123484097795

Imho...a good much needed post.

That's an excellent FB post by reporter Cade Fowler of WALB News 10 - pretty much what we've been saying here. He said "I've seen more concern over missing dogs and cats than I've seen in this case." Oh yeah. Interesting comments and replies from SM.

Why are Deterez' parents not speaking out? I'll give ya 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. :mad:

Take a look at this article from November 2014 when a SWAT team was called to their house because of a domestic incident. :

Police say they were concerned about the children. "We knew from the 911 call that we had a six day old infant and a one year old infant inside the residence and that added to the urgency to make contact to dispel the issue and for the investigation to continue to determine everyone was okay," said Ashburn Police Chief Joe Saxon.

Kevian Green was taken into custody and remains in jail, but has not been charged.

http://m.walb.com/walb/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:J2lH07Cn

This is the first I've heard of this case, and it seems such a long time has passed that interviewing the children would be fruitless. As others have said, there are lots of questions you could ask if you separated the family members out. Where did he sleep at night, etc. Sad. It does seem a bit unbelievable that this child in fact did go missing in the storm.

Sad to see such a case with so little apparent progress.

I hate to be so cynical but the story of how he came to disappear has me knitting my brows and unbelieving.

When was the last sighting of Detrez by anyone other than his parents?
Why are the parents and wider family/friends so quiet. Barely a peep.

I find it hard to fathom why no picture exists of a darling little boy from any time in his 2 years.
Even if photos were lost in the move or in the storm, none were stored in a phone? No other family or friends ever captured him on their phones?
It seems his life was not being frequently memorialised by those around him which saddens me to no end and makes me wonder - did he ever reach 2 years? Was he erased from memory?

I hope law enforcement have this sussed.

I understand the parents are consider victims and I could never imagine losing a child.

I just can't see me watching my son in a different area of the home under a tornado warning/while a tornado touches down.

I have been through hurricanes, etc...living in fl and in the closet and when the closet was way too small for active boys outside the closet but still the same room. If he went away from the adults why didnt they go after him?

I really, truly do not understand. I would sacrifice my life for my child. Perhaps other children needed the mom more at that time or everything happened in a split second as tornados do.

But then i go back to LE digging around their old residence and i don't know what to think.

It's been two months since the last comments were made on here about Detrez. I hope LE is still on top of it. :-(

No news....sad story...In wondering if something worse than a tornado happened to sweet Detrez.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Good to see this one getting bumped. I don't understand the lack of updates ... where is this little boy and how did he disappear? I don't believe it had anything to do with a tornado, other than that made a good cover for someone.
:mad: :tears:

"The department says they don’t think all of the details about Detrez were given to them".

Really?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Ugh, I found this today. Long article from November 24, 2017:

Suspicions grew as other victims were found quickly and Detrez wasn’t. The boy’s parents, Kevian Green and Adijah Rainey, made statements that didn’t “mesh” with those of witnesses, and they couldn’t provide a picture of their toddler, according to Dougherty County police.

Lica Coley, Rainey’s aunt, who’d been sending authorities to the couple’s home for years because she feared what was going on inside, was eager to help the police. She told them she and other relatives worried something — whether intentional or accidental — had happened to the child before the storm.
Green and Rainey haven’t been charged with any crime related to their son’s disappearance. But to fully consider what might’ve happened to Detrez, police and some family members say, it’s worth looking at the couple’s history.
In 2010, calls started coming in about Green. He was 22 at the time, a stoic trucker in a crumbling marriage.

His wife said he beat her repeatedly, including at least once in front of her children, ages 2 and 3, according to a sheriff’s office report. Green denied it, and no charges stuck. But Coley remembered his name two years later when Rainey revealed him as her boyfriend.
On Sept. 8, 2013, the 911 center got another call about Green.

Rainey, who was pregnant, said she had been frying chicken when Green came in talking about Facebook. They started to argue over a “friend,” and he punched her in the head, according to her statement to deputies.

“I balled up in the kitchen floor hollering, then he hit my head against the wooden pole, constantly, non-stop,” she wrote, “then he picked me up by the neck choking me, feet dangling.”

Green was arrested and charged with battery in the case, which is still pending. He wrote a statement maintaining his innocence: “She lied and put marks on herself.”
On the baby’s fifth day, Rainey’s father told Coley his daughter had called him and said, “If my baby daddy don’t stop beating me, I’m going to shoot him,” according to a police report.
Coley’s sister, Whitney Rainey, said she confronted their niece about Detrez. They were having a video chat and the niece wouldn’t look her in the eye while telling about those last moments in the trailer.

“Don’t lie,” the aunt said she told her.

Then Adijah Rainey started to cry.

http://www.myajc.com/news/local/pol...-away-georgia-tornado/mr17dbnnmWPRDvYBQc5sxL/

Much more at the link.

I think we all expected Detrez' story to unfold like this. LE says his case is cold until someone speaks up. His mother knows what happened and could break the case wide open but understandably she seems to be afraid to tell on Kevian Green.

It's sad because the mom, Adijah Rainey, has family willing to not only back her up but also support her in getting out of her abusive relationship with Green but for whatever reason she isn't ready. Her aunt called the home a "toxic environment" and she and other family members had tried to talk mom out of dating Green. They've been together since 2012.

IMO Green will be in trouble with the law again before long and if LE would make sure to throw him in jail then maybe then Rainey's family would have a chance to help her feel safe enough to tell what happened to little Detrez. Thankfully the other kids have been removed from the home but I'm afraid Rainey will get pregnant again at some point.

Reading through this thread has angered and frustrated me beyond words. It seems like LE could get the true story out of the mother if they tried hard enough. I don't understand how nothing has been done. That poor little boy. I'm so sad and disgusted by the scenarios that keep popping into my head of what may have happened to him.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Unidentified skeletal remains found in a suitcase off I-75 in Butts County: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-I-75-Dec-2017

No details yet on gender, age, etc....

From today: http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Two-year-old-still-missing-a-year-after-tornadoes-470616133.html

One of the great mysteries during last year's tornadoes is the case of missing two-year-old Detrez Green.

A relentless search went on for weeks, with search and rescue teams combing the areas around his home where he was last seen.

But, all searches came up empty.

The GBI tells WCTV the investigation is open and active, and they'll continue to follow any leads that are given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Year After Deadly Albany, Georgia, Tornado, 2-Year-Old Remains Missing

More than $1 million has been spent to look for the child, but the search has turned up nothing.

But something about the story just didn't add up, and still doesn't a year later. Search and rescue teams continued to look for Green, searching areas he likely would have been carried by the twister. They brought in cadaver dogs and even partially drained a nearby pond, but there was no sign of the little boy.

"There were no current pictures of the child and that was kind of odd," Lan Skalla with Albany Search and Rescue – the group that looked for Green in the days following the tornado. "And I never had anyone come up to me and say 'I saw this child at this location.'"

To this day, the family still has not provided law enforcement or local news stations with a picture of Green, despite repeated requests.

The boy's father, Kevian Green, was arrested during a SWAT standoff at their house in Ashburn, Georgia, in November 2014; the mother, Adaijah Rainey, and her two children were inside the home when someone called police to say a man was holding Rainey and the children with a gun inside the home. Rainey called the incident a misunderstanding, and Green was not charged. Detrez was just six days old.

Green's parents have refused interviews with local media since he vanished.

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-...tornado-2017-child-still-missing-detrez-green

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back