GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go- you can watch the blond lady work again....:facepalm:

Tex McIver Trial Day 24 Part 1

[video=youtube;5D1n1CquWzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D1n1CquWzY[/video]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latonia P Hines and Stephanie L Willis Talk Tex McIver on Law & Crime Network 04/20/18

[video=youtube;GH-n4JzsLwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-n4JzsLwI[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look what I found:

EXCLUSIVE | Polygraph reveals new details in McIver shooting
Ten days after a prominent Atlanta attorney shot his wife, he took a polygraph test to try to prove he was telling the truth about the fatal shooting.

Published: 3:55 PM EDT October 21, 2016
Updated: 11:33 AM EST March 7, 2018

"...The polygraph test was conducted by a private contractor at the request of Tex McIvers's attorney, Stephen Maples. The examiner, Richard Rackleff, is a former FBI agent who has been running polygraph tests for 30 years....

"The examinee emphasized that the death of his wife was a horrible accident and categorically denied any willful intent or reckless conduct in causing the weapon to discharge that night in the back seat of his vehicle."

The polygraph test centered on three areas:

"Did you intentionally fire the gun that night?" Tex said no.
"Did you consciously do anything with the gun that night that caused it to fire?" Tex said no.
"Did you knowingly cause the gun to discharge inside your SUV?" Tex said no.
The examiner found no deception indicted in any of Tex McIver's answers.

The examiner concluded "The forensic psychophysiological credibility analysis of Claud L. 'Tex' McIver clearly supported his denial of any willful or reckless conduct in the discharge of the weapon, causing the death of his wife."

Legal expert Darryl Cohen said the polygraph may not be admissible in court..."

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...s-new-details-in-mciver-shooting/85-339925661
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what all the fuss is about a billboard.

This is Corey Tower in Georgia before Diane's death:

BqVmvt2CQAEzBbJ.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqVmvt2CQAEzBbJ.jpg

And this is it after her death:

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...ZvVe5Rpu9PbzR29q1DKOe2oWXIVVPeb06FgAZ9ySak6_Q

(Diane McIver is remembered on the Corey Tower.
PHOTOGRAPH BY CAROLINE C. KILGORE)

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/great-reads/tex-mciver/

So there is something up already commerating Diane- wonder if any of the jurors pass the tower on their way to court. If so, a new billboard won't make any difference, IMO.

This is a Google map of where the Corey Tower is in conjunction to where the Fulton courthouse is -won't t show up on this thread, so click on this link:

Link: https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data...8B4djwBMyw6jC8QDbsNxJYRuA?scale=1&h=200&w=632

I'm sure no one is gonna tell Mr. Corey that he has to take that off of his tower...who dares....:scared:........:facepalm:

Corey_20180326123901.jpg

Link: https://www.ajc.com/rf/image_inline/Pub/p9/AJC/2018/03/26/Images/Corey_20180326123901.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veronica Waters@MissVWaters
9m9 minutes ago
One thing the #TexMcIver jury is already unanimous on: They love this court reporter Kristina Weaver. They collectively GROANED when Judge McBurney let them know that she's going back to her regular courtroom next week! Jurors say they want to resume at 9AM Monday. @wsbradio

cache.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBM WHY- does she talk to the jurors?????? Maybe she just smiles at them....:thinking:

And who is that blond lady who works all day on the video tapes?...I thought she just labeled the evidence in court...:floorlaugh:

Well... at least I'm clean now...

Is this the same court reporter who brought breakfast to the folks in the media room? (post up-thread). I wonder if she bakes brownies for the jury. . . that would make anyone popular! :loveyou:

Yes- the same court reporter. I don't know if she is allowed to talk to the jurors????

When she first started - this week I think- there was another reporter last week- she always seemed to have a frown on her face- very misleading...

Yes- the same court reporter. I don't know if she is allowed to talk to the jurors????

When she first started - this week I think- there was another reporter last week- she always seemed to have a frown on her face- very misleading...

This reporter was there all week. The week before the jurors specifically requested her and judge made it happen ..but now she is needed elsewhere...I guess they don't like the other ones.

Day 4 of McIver deliberations: How long can juries debate?

"Jurors in the murder trial of Tex McIver wrapped up deliberations Friday without a verdict for the fourth day in a row — for a total of more than 22 hours of debate so far....
After initially telling the court they wanted to work later than their self-imposed 4 p.m. cutoff time — usually an indication that a verdict is close at hand — the jurors decided at 4:02 p.m. to break for the day without reaching a consensus. The decision came as a surprise, since just two days before, jurors appeared to have almost reached a verdict: they asked the judge whether they could convict McIver of influencing witnesses if they acquitted him on the murder charges...
Juries can’t debate forever, though. If a jury doesn’t appear to be close to a resolution, Hodges said the judge can give what is known as an “Allen charge,” an instruction meant to dislodge deadlocked jurors and encourage them to come to an agreement. It’s the judge’s way of putting pressure on the jury to avoid a mistrial...."

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...ong-can-juries-debate/5BO50lVMPNEQzfCjaJlU4L/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 things to know about Diane McIver

"After hearing from 78 witnesses who testified over 20 days, the jury in the murder trial of Tex McIver is deliberating....

Here are five things to know about her:..."

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/things-know-about-diane-mciver/nql84yeOfdMCXMUz6zetYL/

721932554_photos.medleyphoto.11581635_1522073160533_11189648_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 4 of McIver deliberations: How long can juries debate?

"Jurors in the murder trial of Tex McIver wrapped up deliberations Friday without a verdict for the fourth day in a row — for a total of more than 22 hours of debate so far....
After initially telling the court they wanted to work later than their self-imposed 4 p.m. cutoff time — usually an indication that a verdict is close at hand — the jurors decided at 4:02 p.m. to break for the day without reaching a consensus. The decision came as a surprise, since just two days before, jurors appeared to have almost reached a verdict: they asked the judge whether they could convict McIver of influencing witnesses if they acquitted him on the murder charges...
Juries can’t debate forever, though. If a jury doesn’t appear to be close to a resolution, Hodges said the judge can give what is known as an “Allen charge,” an instruction meant to dislodge deadlocked jurors and encourage them to come to an agreement. It’s the judge’s way of putting pressure on the jury to avoid a mistrial...."

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...ong-can-juries-debate/5BO50lVMPNEQzfCjaJlU4L/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allen charge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_v._United_States_(1896)

part of it says -

If a substantial majority of your number are in favor of a conviction, those of you who disagree should reconsider whether your doubt is a reasonable one since it appears to make no effective impression upon the minds of the others. On the other hand, if a majority or even a lesser number of you are in favor of an acquittal, the rest of you should ask yourselves again, and most thoughtfully, whether you should accept the weight and sufficiency of evidence which fails to convince your fellow jurors beyond a reasonable doubt.

Can anyone post a link to those charges again...as I recall the lesser were wrapped into 1-4 and I tend to think some want NG on all and some want the lesser and I bet they agree on 5 as guilty. With this we may see a verdict early next week...however if one or more are still thinking Murder we could be hung as those one or two could be hard to move. There seems to be much volatility in the jury room as evidenced by the quick change in plans..the requests...whatever led to the "spicy" comment by the judge which pretty much has to be yelling or loud arguing since no one is in there. And one cannot totally dismiss the fact that this jury knows full well much of their city is interesting in this verdict and they have Team Corey (Diane) and Team Tex lined up in court every day...and the extraordinary thing is each of those "team" members' lives were once completely intertwined and all a big happy massage loving and ranch loving family. If I were Dani and Tex is on the street again which he will be no matter what...I would be afraid of him. He much be having extreme gun withdrawal.

The judge has not yet given the Allen Charge, nor has the jury said that they are at an impasse...although this could change on Monday.

After what occurred late yesterday afternoon, if I had to guess, I think one juror wanted to think it over the weekend...could possibly even be 61.

As far as that memorial signage for Diane on Corey tower, if I am not mistaken it was on I-75 near downtown and I think it was put up late Sept 2016 and don't think it is still up. Maybe someone from Atlanta can confirm this.

This reporter was there all week. The week before the jurors specifically requested her and judge made it happen ..but now she is needed elsewhere...I guess they don't like the other ones.

I don't think I have ever heard a jury request a certain court reporter before.

Add this to the list of 'strange' in this trial.

The judge has not yet given the Allen Charge, nor has the jury said that they are at an impasse...although this could change on Monday.

After what occurred late yesterday afternoon, if I had to guess, I think one juror wanted to think it over the weekend...could possibly even be 61.

As far as that memorial signage for Diane on Corey tower, if I am not mistaken it was on I-75 near downtown and I think it was put up late Sept 2016 and don't think it is still up. Maybe someone from Atlanta can confirm this.
BBM I tend to agree. If I had to guess if it is one juror holding out for not-guilty or guilty, I would say not-guilty. It requires more of a push to go to guilty than the other way IMO, because they know they will never get guilty through if 11 think not-guilty. Why would you hang a jury if you're the only one who thinks he is guilty?

That's my logic.

Can anyone post a link to those charges again...as I recall the lesser were wrapped into 1-4 and I tend to think some want NG on all and some want the lesser and I bet they agree on 5 as guilty. With this we may see a verdict early next week...however if one or more are still thinking Murder we could be hung as those one or two could be hard to move. There seems to be much volatility in the jury room as evidenced by the quick change in plans..the requests...whatever led to the "spicy" comment by the judge which pretty much has to be yelling or loud arguing since no one is in there. And one cannot totally dismiss the fact that this jury knows full well much of their city is interesting in this verdict and they have Team Corey (Diane) and Team Tex lined up in court every day...and the extraordinary thing is each of those "team" members' lives were once completely intertwined and all a big happy massage loving and ranch loving family. If I were Dani and Tex is on the street again which he will be no matter what...I would be afraid of him. He much be having extreme gun withdrawal.

Here you go turaj...

A list of charges filed against Tex McIver

https://www.ajc.com/news/charges-filed-against-tex-mciver/L6go5fvUWh5YDJwcVhG5CL/

i think most want 1A and the hold out is for 1 and not a lesser. Need to print those charges and I will admit they can be confusing. But if you look at the jobs some of those jurors have they have many in there that can explain to others providing they agree on the interpretation. I think they all agree on 5 and all defense could argue on that is the wording was not quite right...I don't care he tried with Dani Jo and many others.

It is always so hard to figure out how a jury is voting. We have all been surprised many times. Bottom line is if they feel that the prosecution has met their burden of proof in proving their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

As we have all seen on this thread, there are some that said they have, and some that have said they haven't.

My opinion is they haven't. We'll see what the jury says...and I hope it's Monday...and not hung!

So do I. Straight as an arrow.

He could make a mint as a defense attorney. Very believable.

I'm usually a defense groupie but this time, didn't like Bruce Harvey (cut that braid off!!) or Don Samuel; did like Amanda Clark Palmer though.

Liked all the prosecutors.

Trial highlight: nurse said to have called Dani Jo a bimbo! The gal in ER in a cowboy hat. (Ms. Carter did come across very well though in testifying, I thought.)

So what will be the verdict?? Will the jury hang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304