GUILTY GA - Diane McIver, 63, fatally shot, Atlanta, 25 Sept 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t have to be a native Atlantan to know that if someone is shot anywhere near Grady that you immediately go to Grady or call 911 to get an ambulance and paramedics for immediate care en route to Grady. It’s not something that is up for debate, unless you do not want the person to have a chance to survive. I wonder if at this point they know who McIver is and are purposefully giving him special treatment. If not, I think the detective is a few bullets shy of a full cartridge.

i think they did know exactly who he is...this was 2 days after...most would have been grilled on the night in question. Even the nurses indicated he was the talk of the ER. Are things that boring in ATL that someone like Tex would cause so much excitement?

Although I can see deciding to go ahead and drive to the ER instead of pulling over and calling 911, especially bc Diane remained conscious. Not saying that is the correct way to handle an emergency just saying I can understand it.

But he said they were near Grady.

wow deputy came back in and told judge he did not want them in there on their own with the gun. so now deputies will be there...jurors cannot talk and it is just like before. Harvey already told judge they cannot have deliberations down there with people there...this is a mess.

wow deputy came back in and told judge he did not want them in there on their own with the gun. so now deputies will be there...jurors cannot talk and it is just like before. Harvey already told judge they cannot have deliberations down there with people there...this is a mess.

Yeah, big mess. I can't blame the deputy. He is responsible for security.

i think they did know exactly who he is...this was 2 days after...most would have been grilled on the night in question. Even the nurses indicated he was the talk of the ER. Are things that boring in ATL that someone like Tex would cause so much excitement?
Emory University Hospital does not operate an ER in the traditional sense. For example, if you were injured in the vicinity, an ambulance will likely take you to another hospital. Their ER is more a place to receive patients who have been transferred from another hospital. So it is completely unlike the normal, busy ER’s common to all large cities. He basically forced Emory into taking Diane in for care by virtue of showing up with someone who needed emergency care.

Emory University Hospital does not operate an ER in the traditional sense. For example, if you were injured in the vicinity, an ambulance will likely take you to another hospital. Their ER is more a place to receive patients who have been transferred from another hospital. So it is completely unlike the normal, busy ER’s common to all large cities. He basically forced Emory into taking Diane in for care by virtue of showing up with someone who needed emergency care.

that is pretty obvious with the wheelchair and dragging her inside...a level one trauma would have had a gurney there pronto and no standing around and for all the time that dangerous transfer took at Grady the surgeons would have been scrubbing up and she would be en route to surgery. NO question in my mind she did NOT need to die...and as I have said before while I don't think the state proved the case if he were found guilty of murder or close and had to do prison time would not bother me at all.

Please forgive this question falling randomly but I'm trying to catch up. I'm wondering why Tex would need to borrow money from Diane if he was a prominent attorney? Did hhe suffer a big loss of some kind? TIA

If there is a guilty verdict I think it’s coming back on appeal because this judge has inserted himself into this case. He may as well have sat on the side of the prosecution.

How does he know this?

Mike Petchenik
@MPetchenikWSB
·
20m
The judge said he let jurors take a lunch break because of some “spicyness” in the deliberation room.

Mike Petchenik@MPetchenikWSB
2h2 hours ago
Jurors now want to recline the back seat of the #TexMcIver SUV and they will now take an hour lunch break without deliberating.

Latonia P Hines@LatoniaPHines
2h2 hours ago
After lunch the jury to get a chance to go down to SUV with gun. #texmciver

Kaitlyn Ross 11Alive@kaitlynross1
2h2 hours ago
Verdict in the Tex McIver Murder Trial is looking less and less likely today. The jury had asked to work through lunch yesterday, but now say they want an hour break. They will examine the SUV where Diane McIver was shot with the gun after lunch. #11Alive

1h1 hour ago
ICYMI: Jurors want to see the #TexMcIver SUV and the gun together during deliberations.

(video clip https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/987009919005143041...)

41m41 minutes ago
The judge said he let jurors take a lunch break because of some “spicyness” in the deliberation room.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34m34 minutes ago
Judge will allow jury to see the SUV and the gun, but they can’t talk to each other because a deputy, #TexMcIver and the media will be allowed to view them.

32m32 minutes ago
Billboard companies plan to post this tribute to Diane McIver over the next few days across Metro Atlanta, her Long-time friend tells me.

DbKa9MJUMAAunc8.jpg

30m30 minutes ago
Defense not happy deputy told judge jurors couldn’t handle the gun without sheriff’s official present without #TexMcIver there. Harvey and judge have words.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
30m30 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - Judge and attorneys are back in court still debating the jury returning to the SUV with the gun

DbKekxJU0AAzGSW.jpg

Rahul Bali@rahulbali
24m24 minutes ago
Judge Robert McBurney tells the jury they can go see Tex and Diane McIver’s SUV with the gun #TexMcIver shot Diane with. Tex McIver, his defense attorneys, prosecutors and the media will be allow to watch. Jurors can not talk to each other.

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
24m24 minutes ago
#TexMcIver - The judge is explaining to the jury they will go down to see the SUV. A deputy will transport the gun. They will be able to sit in the suv, manipulate the backseat, etc.. they can not deliberate while there.

DbKf_TQVwAAY2gm.jpg

Aungelique Proctor@aungeliquefox5
22m22 minutes ago
Defense objects to the second jury view again. #TexMcIver @FOX5Atlanta

Veronica Waters@MissVWaters
14m14 minutes ago
#TexMcIver Judge, lawyers discuss logistics, seat positioning of the SUV for the 2nd jury view. Jurors are brought in and ask if they can manipulate seats, have two people sit in the available seats, & can they have the gun unlocked. Everyone's gonna go, not just jurors @wsbradio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:sigh:

Someone posted this tweet- thought this might make y'all smile:

9m9 minutes ago
Still waiting on the verdict. #TexMcIver

77OWp3O.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3m3 minutes ago
Just sat in the #TexMcIver SUV again, this time with the door closed. With my right arm on the arm rest, palm turned over with "finger gun" pointing toward chair, it lined up exactly with the trajectory road

2m2 minutes ago
Just got back from the second jury view. Most of them took the gun and sat in the back seat with the door closed. Juror 61 went back three times. #TexMcIver.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone posted this tweet- thought this might make y'all smile:

9m9 minutes ago
Still waiting on the verdict. #TexMcIver

77OWp3O.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the laugh! I think we all need it!

61 will be a deciding factor...that's why both sides wanted her there

3m3 minutes ago
Just sat in the #TexMcIver SUV again, this time with the door closed. With my right arm on the arm rest, palm turned over with "finger gun" pointing toward chair, it lined up exactly with the trajectory road

2m2 minutes ago
Just got back from the second jury view. Most of them took the gun and sat in the back seat with the door closed. Juror 61 went back three times. #TexMcIver.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

very interesting...there has been a turn today no question.

How does he know this?

Mike Petchenik
@MPetchenikWSB
·
20m

What in the world is this about and who heard this ...was it in open court?

How does he know this?

Mike Petchenik
@MPetchenikWSB
·
20m

I wondered that too. I heard it when he said it and I thought he said something along the lines of "there may have been some spicyness" - meaning he was just guessing. But don't quote me on that because I may have heard him wrong (I'm at work and it's hard to hear with other people being rudely loud) and I may be remembering incorrectly. That was the gist that I took away from his comment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth