GA GA - Eatonton, WhtMale 8UMGA, 25-30, in coal car train from TN, Jan'79

I looked into killers in Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama for now....going down a very dark road...but I'm ok.

This is a serial killer called the The Railroad Killer/The Railway Killer/The Railcar Killer. His name is Angel Maturino Reséndiz.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ángel_Maturino_Reséndiz

The only thing is that he is called like that for his traveling habit and not for killing people on railroads/railcars per se.

His known murders in the USA were mostly committed in the 1990's, but he first entered the USA in 1973. It's possible he killed this person (and the other John Doe, 1978) and got away with it. He was born in 1959, so would have been ca. 19-20 years old in 1978/1979. He could have encountered them in the train while traveling/train hopping or maybe they were even his traveling "buddies".

"By illegally jumping on and off trains within and across Mexico, Canada and the United States, generally crossing borders illegally, Reséndiz was able to evade authorities for a considerable time. United States government records show that he had been deported to Mexico at least four times since first entering the U.S. in 1973.[5]"

I think it's necessary to look into the timeline more to know if he can be placed in those states. His victim list show that in the 1990's he travelled everywhere including GA en Kentucky.

Reséndiz killed at least 15 people with rocks, a pickaxe, and other blunt objects, mainly in their homes. We don't know what the cause of death for both John Does was. I don't know but if they were hit with rocks and the like wouldn't LE have mentioned visual wounds etc. and know the cause of death. Of course it's possible they just don't want to share this info with the public.

Some additional information about Angel Resendiz. He seems to be born in 1960 according to this record. Angel Maturino Resendiz | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Virtually an orphan, Resendez roamed the streets as a child, without a real family role model. The FBI has identified a sister in Albuquerque, New Mexico and other relatives both south and north of the border. Relatives in the U.S. have migrated as far north as the Great Lakes and as far east as Vermont.

Angel Resendez first came to the attention of the U.S. Justice Department at age 16 when he was caught in Brownsville, TX, trying to cross the border from Mexico in 1976. "He was deported two months later," says the Dallas/Forth Worth Internet Service, "the first of…numerous run-ins with U.S. authorities."

After his first deportation in August 1976, he returned to the U.S. a month later where INS agents located him in Sterling Heights, MI., and yet again in October, this time in McAllen, Texas. Then he quieted for a spell.

No one knows when he slipped back into this country, but in September of 1979, he was sentenced to a 20-year prison term for auto theft and assault in Miami, Florida. Luck on his side, he was paroled within six years and released onto Mexican soil.

Refreshing the thread...

I find it strange that this John Doe is not entered in Namus. It's impossible to check if there are any ruleouts. There are only two unidentified persons in Putnam county listed. One is the black/African american male also found in a coal train car in Eatonton.

From the GBI site Unidentified Remains: Putnam County, White Male

"The remains were located in a loaded coal car train from Tennessee at the Georgia Power Plant in Eatonton, Georgia. (The other John Doe was found in a coal train car that originated/put together in Kentucky.) Makes you wonder if he was on top of the coal or under the coal, so was already thrown in there before the coal was loaded.

Some historical stuff.

There was only one coal-fired power station in Putnam county in Georgia.
List of power stations in Georgia (U.S. state) - Wikipedia

Harllee Branch Power Plant - Wikipedia

Plant Harllee Branch
was a coal-fired power station located in Putnam County, southeast of Eatonton, Georgia, USA. It was located between Eatonton and Milledgeville, to the southeast. The power plant was owned and operated by Georgia Power. It was named after Harllee Branch Jr., president of Georgia Power.

The power plant had one of the tallest chimneys in the world, built in 1978. The chimney stood 1,007-foot tall (307 m),[1] and was visible, on clear days, up to approximately 20 miles (32 km) away. Boaters used the chimney to navigate Lake Sinclair, because the power plant was located at US 441, and was a central point on the lake.

Georgia Power closed this plant in April 2015.[2]

Thinking about the train route with the coal cars. Read a lot of stuff but can't pinpoint the stops. There was the Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia railroad (TAG) Looking at coal mining my first guess is that the train started in Chattanooga, TN.

I sadly can't read the paper clippings. Because they have his fingerprints and he had a recognizable face when found it leads me to believe there weren't any visible wounds they could relate to a murder scenario. Maybe he died from the elements or some kind of drug use they couldn't trace. He may have easily be from Georgia and climbed into the train himself to shelter. He has such a beautiful recon, so sorry nobody recognizes him or they did but didn't claim him for whatever reason.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back