GA - Elijah Wood 23, RaceTrac convenience store clerk shot & killed, Oconee Co, 19 Mar 2021 *Arrest*

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - A former University of Georgia football player was sentenced to three decades in federal prison for charges stemming from the 2021 shooting death of a Watkinsville gas station clerk, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Georgia.

Ahkil Nasir Crumpton, 26, was sentenced to 30 years on interference with commerce by attempted robbery and false statement during the purchase of firearm charges in connection to the death of Elijah Wood, 23, a RaceTrac employee. He was given 20 years for the interference charge and 10 years for the false statement charge.

Crumpton is still facing state charges for murder and others in Wood’s death, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said.

The deadly shooting happened on March 19, 2021. Wood was shot to death while working an overnight shift at the Macon Highway gas station in Oconee County.

More at link...

Updated: 52 minutes ago

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - A former University of Georgia football player was sentenced to three decades in federal prison for charges stemming from the 2021 shooting death of a Watkinsville gas station clerk, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Georgia.

Ahkil Nasir Crumpton, 26, was sentenced to 30 years on interference with commerce by attempted robbery and false statement during the purchase of firearm charges in connection to the death of Elijah Wood, 23, a RaceTrac employee. He was given 20 years for the interference charge and 10 years for the false statement charge.

Crumpton is still facing state charges for murder and others in Wood’s death, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said.

The deadly shooting happened on March 19, 2021. Wood was shot to death while working an overnight shift at the Macon Highway gas station in Oconee County.

More at link...

Updated: 52 minutes ago
BSBM: ...charges stemming from the 2021 shooting death... Why is it so difficult to say what it is? It should read "charges stemming from the 2021 MURDER... Sheesh.

Murder trials take a long time and rightfully so. We don’t want any mistakes. I knew Elijah and this guy will never get out of prison.
Yeah, not happy with him in prison, though. He takes someone else’s life, then gets to keep his. No justice in this world.

Murder trials take a long time and rightfully so. We don’t want any mistakes. I knew Elijah and this guy will never get out of prison.
I understand that trials take time, but years on end denies what little justice there is in this world to the loved ones in particular and society in general. Justice delayed…

You mentioned that you knew Elijah. My condolences if he was a friend.

This is ridiculous. Why is it taking so long? Surely the state has been preparing their case while the federal case was being prosecuted.

It’s been two years since the arrest, and three years since Elijah was murdered for no reason - and the murder trial has not yet begun.

If you intend to commit armed robbery (“I needed the money”) just take the money. ANC was heavily disguised. There was no reason to shoot Elijah. None.

Imo this punk intended to commit murder from the moment he got dressed. Imo the murder was premeditated and warrants the DP

All jmo

I understand that trials take time, but years on end denies what little justice there is in this world to the loved ones in particular and society in general. Justice delayed…

You mentioned that you knew Elijah. My condolences if he was a friend.
I loaned him my car and took him to get his driver’s license. He was just a kid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back