GA - Genarlow Wilson for oral sex with minor, Douglasville, 2004

Now that you know about it, your chances of being on a jury have plummeted if asked about it on a juror interview. Tough moral question as to whether you tell counsels whether you are familiar with the concept.

Crypto6

I've actually sat on two juries - long drug trafficking criminal trial cases each time. I never got asked about that concept, but I was asked a number of things in lengthy voir dire - and, based on my answers, I can't for the life of me figure out why the defense allowed me to remain on either case!! The pros couldn't figure it out either.

But I loved serving....

I've actually sat on two juries - long drug trafficking criminal trial cases each time. I never got asked about that concept, but I was asked a number of things in lengthy voir dire - and, based on my answers, I can't for the life of me figure out why the defense allowed me to remain on either case!! The pros couldn't figure it out either.

But I loved serving....

I'm relieved that someone with smarts gets on juries. Thanks for your service.

Crypto6

I'm relieved that someone with smarts gets on juries. Thanks for your service.

Crypto6

You are very kind.

I felt honored to serve. I think our judicial system rocks. Jury duty was fascinating. I was a paralegal for ten years or so and helped strike juries for cases, but it was so cool to see how it was on the other side.

All the time during trials I worked on, we were trying to figure out what the jury was thinking, etc..etc..so it was incredibly interesting to experience what goes on behind those closed doors.

More than one girl?? How many girls did he have oral sex with??
There were two girls involved in the court case. One his age that he had sex with, and the 15 year old who gave out blow jobs to all comers. The one he had sex with had regrets - or an angry father - and they were the ones to go to the DA. The 15 year old did not press charges, but the DA used that charge as a threat to encourage a plea bargain. When the kid wouldn't go for it, it went to trial, he was found innocent on the main charge, but the jury found him guilty on (what they thought was) the minor charge of oral sex. They thought it was a little misdemeanor, slap on the wrist thing.

IMHO the state should take into account the fact that common sense should prevail over the letter of the law when the two are in conflict with each other. This notion is part of many states statutes. I find it difficult to understand why Georgia doesn't have an age difference provision with regards to statutory rape laws like most other states do.

BINGO. great post, no more needs to be said.

none of the people at the party should've gotten ANY penalty. They did nothing wrong.

BINGO. great post, no more needs to be said.

none of the people at the party should've gotten ANY penalty. They did nothing wrong.

Uh, according to GA law they did. I saw a lot of differing opinions of the appropriate punishment, if any, for this kid. Unfortunately, none was designated as "commom sense".

Crypto6

This is wonderful news!!!!
When this case first came about I was so angry! He got more time than alot of child sex offenders get. :banghead: I just don't understand our justice system sometimes.
IMO, it was extremely cruel and unusal punishment....especially since they were both under age and she consented.

I hope this kid can now get back to a normal life.

I'm so glad - but that stupid DA or AG needs to be fired, unelected, whatever. Whether it was spite, ego, or racism, or a combo, he tried to put a good kid away for 10 years, using a law intended to punish old men having perverse sex with children. Even when told he was wrong, he continued, even when a judge overruled him, he pushed it. Now in the news articles he's saying that now people should just put it behind them - not likely! He's still there, still able to try to ruin more lives.

He's finally out? Now let's hope this stupid kid learned his lesson and will not let himself get filmed again while committing a felony lol

I am so happy for this young man I pray that he uses the funds raised to go to trade school or college and shows those idots what he is made of. Good luck.

good for him...he did recieve alot more time than actual child molesters get, and what can I say, I was also having sex at his age.

Before all this happened, he was headed to college. Kid was on the honor roll, and planned to go to college. I hope that all still works out.

Before all this happened, he was headed to college. Kid was on the honor roll, and planned to go to college. I hope that all still works out.

I agree. I hope he goes on to do good things and puts this behind him.I also hope that this kind of travesty doesn't go on and the system puts real child molesters behind bars for life.

A lot of teens are having consensual sex at that age. Heck, a lot of us did. The real issue is child molesters. The old dudes who prey on kids. The younger dudes who prey on kids. Anyone who preys on a child is the ones we are looking for to get put away. Not teens who are experimenting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back