GA GA - Gloria Baird, 23, Atlanta, Dec 1969

http://www.hernandosheriff.org/Unsolved/images/72_06053/72_06053_Bulletin.pdf

I think this is the 71 case they are talking about. I think Gloria Baird was looked at as a possible person, but we have DNA in CODIS now. She needs to get her DNA submitted just in case there is a match out there somewhere. I think the height is off, and I think our Jane Doe had brown eyes.

Please call if you need any help - George Loydgren is the detective on this case. We would love to put a name to our girl. You can email also if you don't feel comfortable calling. Gloydgren@hernandosheriff.org. I think it is on the flyer too.
My DNA is CODIS

My DNA is CODIS
That is wonderful that you have your DNA in CODIS. More and more agencies are putting the UID in CODIS. It is very expensive for some to get the DNA from remains and submit them, but in FL we have USF and they help us with this. So hopefully if she is out there somewhere, it will happen. I also know that the search for matches is a process as it cycles over and over. This way new submissions are always looked at, but it takes time.

Hey there, thanks for checking in. I hope things are going well for you otherwise.

One of these days we will find her. Maybe this year is the year.
Thank you. I am doing well. Getting a bit older since I first joined this group. I am so grateful for you all who spend your time helping me and others with lost loved ones. It would be nice to know the truth behind her disappearance before I get too much older. The truth will show itself one day.

That is wonderful that you have your DNA in CODIS. More and more agencies are putting the UID in CODIS. It is very expensive for some to get the DNA from remains and submit them, but in FL we have USF and they help us with this. So hopefully if she is out there somewhere, it will happen. I also know that the search for matches is a process as it cycles over and over. This way new submissions are always looked at, but it takes time.
Yes. I was fortunate to have a medical examiner help me get my local police department involved so that I could create a missing person's report done (once I learned no one had ever taken the time to do that - don't get me started), and to get my DNA into CODIS. :)

Mysterious WV just uploaded a video on youtube about:

The Rawley Springs Jane Doe

I Googled a bit on missing women in the 1960's and found Gloria Jean Baird on the Charley project Gloria Jean Baird – The Charley Project.

When you search for:
ROCKINGHAM COUNTY JANE DOE: WF, 20-28, found near Rawley Springs, VA - 14 November 1980

on: crimewatchers net forum(the link doesn't work)
When I look at the list of missing women that were excluded regarding the The Rawley Springs Jane Doe, I do not see Gloria as being excluded.
The date's, age and having given birth could fit. There are 3 different facial reconstructions/drawings and they all look different so I don't know how accurate they are.

I have not read everything about Gloria yet, so I apologize if this has already been discussed. But I felt like I had to post this. Especially after I read (in post #5) she was in contact with someone (Buster) from Norfolk, Virginia.

Last edited:
Thank you DutchTreat! I have seen this possibility before. I haven't ruled out Buster. All of the stats match between the Jane Doe and Gloria. I will reach out to see if they could double check my DNA to this Jane Doe. I would think they would have already tried to match the two since I am in CODIS, but I will find out.

gloria_jean_baird_1.jpg

I see Gloria's mouth in the pencil drawing, her jaw in the black and white reconstruction and the cheeks in the last reconstruction.

Thank you DutchTreat! I have seen this possibility before. I haven't ruled out Buster. All of the stats match between the Jane Doe and Gloria. I will reach out to see if they could double check my DNA to this Jane Doe. I would think they would have already tried to match the two since I am in CODIS, but I will find out.
It is eerie isn't it. All the data fits. Do you know IF they actually did check the DNA?

If Gloria's father was a dentist, are there any dental records of her?
Those could be compared to this Jane Doe as well? This Jane Doe had dental work done.

Looking in the Doe Network The Doe Network: Case File 231UFGA I took your mother's pic and put beside Jane Doe and they look so much alike. Her skull was found in McDonough, Henry County, Georgia in 1973. Has your DNA been checked with hers?

View attachment 240756
Wishing you resolution on your sad journey trying to find your mother. Stay Strong.

Ms Lily

It's worth sending in. Nobody has apparently been ruled out as the Jane Doe, according to NamUs.

Looking in the Doe Network The Doe Network: Case File 231UFGA I took your mother's pic and put beside Jane Doe and they look so much alike. Her skull was found in McDonough, Henry County, Georgia in 1973. Has your DNA been checked with hers?

View attachment 240756
Wishing you resolution on your sad journey trying to find your mother. Stay Strong.

Ms Lily

Gloria's NamUs profile was modified on 4/29/22
The Henry County Jane Doe was ruled out as being Gloria.
Currently she has 11 rule outs listed
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
UP2189 11/10/1973 Henry GA
UP8493 12/06/1993 Fairfax VA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP10929 08/19/1971 Josephine OR
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP942210/26/2011 Spartanburg SC
UP8821 10/11/1991 Hartford CT
UP819103/29/1999 Hamilton TN
UP8427 07/17/1982 Washoe NV
UP5203 01/12/2004 Marion OR

Members online