GA GA - Janet Miller, 78, Brookhaven, 24 Dec 2015

I so wish to be living and here in GA when they find Janet Miller or get justice for Janet Miller's disappearance.

Thought of you today, Janet. I still pray for you often, to be found and justice to be done.

With Janet missing on Christmas eve,I was hoping we could keep her on the first page at least until Jan. It could help raise some interest in the case and finally lead to finding her. So please help me bump the page or generate a discussion or give kind words to her family. Thank you!

This is such a sad case. The man that gave her a ride-i wonder if he normally gave her a ride. Is this a long time trusted member? Have they checked traffic cameras to see there route? How did she go shopping without a purse?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Janet Miller is still missing.It has been 2 years ago on Christmas Eve. this lovely lady disappeared.Praying she is found.
I sent an email to a reporter to do a follow up on Janet.

Came back to check on one of the saddest cases on WS, IMO. I was so hoping Janet or her body at least, would be found by now. Where could she be? I know I am no help, but I still wonder and pray about her often. Always think of her around Christmas, especially.

Looking through some old cold cases today, and wondering how anyone could stay completely missing for so long. No body, no clues, no rumors of being seen alive or with someone. Where are you, Janet (and so many others)???

Looking through some old cold cases today, and wondering how anyone could stay completely missing for so long. No body, no clues, no rumors of being seen alive or with someone. Where are you, Janet (and so many others)???

Can I ask - how does it work in the USA when a person with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s presents at say a nursing home for example? I ask because I know the procedures in place within the UK but we have the NHS whereas I am sure it’s a totally different approach to long term residential care being offered in the USA
My thoughts are ( please correct or advise me when necessary) that what if, confused, she found herself in another US State and was taken to a long term residential care home to be looked after. If she didn’t have any ID on her whatsoever and wasn’t able to identify herself to the staff at said home, could it be a possibility that she is safely ensconced in such a facility without anyone’s knowledge that she is a missing person? You have such strict laws in place regarding ‘patient confidentiality ‘ and I have seen it in cases where a family member is missing and information has been passed to their families that they have been spotted in or around such and such a Hostel/Hospital facility/Nursing home and when said family have asked if the ‘Facility Manager’ can confirm wether their relative has been in residence there, they quote Data Protection/Confidentiality laws/ Rights under the constitution etc and no info is given and neither confirmed or denied ...
So is this even a remote possibility?
It just amazes me that there has been absolutely no sightings of her or leads to follow (unless LE know a lot more than is being shared) or information provided or clues as to her whereabouts or if foul play is suspected !!! Where are you dear lady ???

Can I ask - how does it work in the USA when a person with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s presents at say a nursing home for example? I ask because I know the procedures in place within the UK but we have the NHS whereas I am sure it’s a totally different approach to long term residential care being offered in the USA
My thoughts are ( please correct or advise me when necessary) that what if, confused, she found herself in another US State and was taken to a long term residential care home to be looked after. If she didn’t have any ID on her whatsoever and wasn’t able to identify herself to the staff at said home, could it be a possibility that she is safely ensconced in such a facility without anyone’s knowledge that she is a missing person? You have such strict laws in place regarding ‘patient confidentiality ‘ and I have seen it in cases where a family member is missing and information has been passed to their families that they have been spotted in or around such and such a Hostel/Hospital facility/Nursing home and when said family have asked if the ‘Facility Manager’ can confirm wether their relative has been in residence there, they quote Data Protection/Confidentiality laws/ Rights under the constitution etc and no info is given and neither confirmed or denied ...
So is this even a remote possibility?
It just amazes me that there has been absolutely no sightings of her or leads to follow (unless LE know a lot more than is being shared) or information provided or clues as to her whereabouts or if foul play is suspected !!! Where are you dear lady ???

Furthermore , a couple of years ago an American speaking gentleman was found wandering and alone in a town in England , UK
He was confused and had no ID whatsoever on him and was unable to state who he was or where he had come from or other vital information. So he was taken to a residential care facility and was there for quite a long period of time ( if my memory serves me correctly, around a year or more), before clues as to his identity surfaced after diligent enquiries were made and pursued by British Police Detectives working with Interpol. He was later identified as an American citizen who had been brought to the UK and effectively ‘dumped ‘ for the want of a better description.
So that’s why I question in my previous post, the possibility that this sort of scenario may be attributable to Janet’s whereabouts???

Hi Angleterre! I can only hope you're on the right track about Janet. I'm sure if this happened at a nursing home here in the U.S., the local LE agency as well as the Dept. of Social Services would be called. I don't believe Janet had any relatives in the GA area--it seems they were all out of state. So unless she had some type of emergency contact number on her person, I don't know how they would know who to call. That's a conundrum, but if I were LE investigating this, I would somehow put out a bulletin to all state nursing facilities to be on the lookout for this lady.

Hi Angleterre! I can only hope you're on the right track about Janet. I'm sure if this happened at a nursing home here in the U.S., the local LE agency as well as the Dept. of Social Services would be called. I don't believe Janet had any relatives in the GA area--it seems they were all out of state. So unless she had some type of emergency contact number on her person, I don't know how they would know who to call. That's a conundrum, but if I were LE investigating this, I would somehow put out a bulletin to all state nursing facilities to be on the lookout for this lady.
So technically I suppose that it’s a possibility??? I do so hope that it’s the case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back