GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont remember. what yr was it? Gotta run an errand. BRB 1 hr.

It was 2005. Her estranged husband Quentin Ray killed her and his father helped him hid the body in the woods. Her minivan found in the Canton Walmart parking lot...

The brother Conner, I believe said in the video I saw today that the LE had been at their home for days and also the LE had been questioning RB many times. A neighbor said LE had been camped out his apartment for a couple days also. I think they did get DNA already and were on to him asap even though Keenan made the statement they recieved a tip Tuesday night. That might just have been the nail for RB's coffin so to say. With a witness saying he saw RB going into that vacant apartment, seeing him at the trash compactor using a stick and poking at it, is pretty solid testimony from an eyewitness. Add that to the neighbor Heather's statement about what he said to her about vacant apartments and all, I feel they have their guy. jmo

Hey news people! There's a Sunshine Law in your state. Hope they are asking to see search warrants etc...soon. I know...if it's still needed for the investigation we won't be seeing it right away.

Do we have a link to this? I haven't heard this yet?

Just 24 hours ago he's saying he hopes Jorelys's killer is brought to justice...now he's representing him?

I understand innocent until proven guilty, and the right to counsel, but I will never be able to wrap my mind around anyone wanting to negotiate a lesser charge for these criminals.

I wonder when he started representing RB?

ETA: oops! Just saw upthread someone said this was the son and David Cannon Sr. was representing RB. That's gotta be awkward.

Ch 2 Action News at 5

Huh. Kind of teasers for the 6 o'clock news.

Says they've (the ch 2 reporters) been digging today and made it sound like they have found history of the Brunn family's "brushes with the law." :waitasec:

And then they followed with the Rivera custody case ... and said that according to some papers they've found in the Rivera DFCS file, Jorelys had been reported missing before, and that once the school bus driver had to bring Jorelys back to school because no one picked her up at the bus stop. Implied there was more to the file... will continue on story at 6, so just more :waitasec:

Sorry, that's all I got. Off to clean a toilet....

This goes back to something I read on FB earlier today. A local mentioned that there are many SKELETONS in Jorelys family's closet that haven't come out yet. I wonder if this is what they were referring to.

However Ryan appeared in court today, I'm thinking it could be because he was pretty scared.

Just 24 hours ago he's saying he hopes Jorelys's killer is brought to justice...now he's representing him?

I understand innocent until proven guilty, and the right to counsel, but I will never be able to wrap my mind around anyone wanting to negotiate a lesser charge for these criminals.

I wonder when he started representing RB?

I believe his father is representing him. That is what was posted earlier by truckengirl.

Guys, I am doing a media interview later today. I'll tell you all more about it later but I need a quick favor.

Can someone recap this case for those of us who have not followed it closely?

I know the basics but I don't have the latest.

Just an overview in one post would be great.

Thank you,
Tricia

CASE RECAP

12/2/2011
7 year old Jorelys Rivera is abducted between 5 - 5:30 pm from her apartment complex play ground after leaving to go to her apartment to get drinks

12/5/2011
Jorelys' body discovered in apartment complex dumpster
Vernon Keenan of the GBI states in press conference Jorelys died from blunt force trauma to her head, stabbed, severely beaten and was sexually assaulted

12/6/2011
LE removes evidence from vacant apartment located in apartment building next to Jorelys' apartment building
LE removes evidence from another apartment and tows vehicle

12/7/2011
Ryan McCabe Brunn was arrested on one count of false statements to LE and one count of murder
(false statement to police for saying he was at Walmart when Jorelys was abducted, Walmart video shows otherwise)
He was a maintenance worker at apartment complex, participated in searches for Jorelys over the weekend

12/8/2011
Brunn makes first court appearance
No plea entered

This is just a very basic recap. I couldn't spend too much time on it because I should be cooking dinner right now. :)

Please feel free to add to it.

An apartment maintenance worker accused of killing a 7-year-old girl appeared before a Cherokee County judge under heightened security on Thursday.

Twenty-year-old Ryan Brunn wore a bulletproof vest and shackles as he walked into a courtroom filled to capacity. Brunn was arrested on Wednesday and is accused of kidnapping Jorelys Rivera, binding, gagging, stabbing and raping her before stuffing her body in a Dumpster.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/children-returned-to-slain-girls-mother/nFxfh/

This goes back to something I read on FB earlier today. A local mentioned that there are many SKELETONS in Jorelys family's closet that haven't come out yet. I wonder if this is what they were referring to.

I wonder why they think it is necessary to drag this out now before the child has even been buried. I don't think it is necessary to put this out in the public. Keep their files for the hearing, but not for public exposure. What happened to ethics? jmo

I support LE....they have a lot more than we know about. Prelim DNA can be done in matter of hours and I bet they have at least one DNA match already---plus fingerprints from the empty appartment---- and probably some of the perps blood from the child's body or the mattress. DA's don't file charges without solid evidence!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member