GA GA- Joseph Taylor, 79, Savannah, 16 June 2019

doodles1211

Reaction score
"Anvato Universal Player" Click link for Video

Authorities say they have located a vehicle believed to be owned by an elderly man missing out of Savannah.

Police say Joseph Taylor, 79, has been missing since Sunday. He was last seen around noon on Wexler Street in Savannah’s Carver Heights.

According to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI), the vehicle was found on the side of the road on Highway 25 near Millen. Savannah Police described it as a silver 2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax with the GA tag BFQ7992.

No word yet from GBI if Taylor has been located.

Anyone who sees the 79-year-old is urged to call police.

GBI: Missing Savannah man’s vehicle found near Millen

joseph+taylor.JPG

HAVE YOU SEEN ME? Elderly man missing in Jenkins County

I hope they find Joseph quickly. An abandoned vehicle is never a good sign.

Millen, Georgia, is quite a distance from where he lived in Savannah, Georgia:

upload_2019-6-21_2-49-15.png
Google Maps

The article linked in Post #1 mentioned that the vehicle was found on Highway 25, near Millen. Since they didn't give an exact location, I just used the town of Millen, which is on Highway 25. Unless Joseph knew someone who lived in that area, Millen was a long way from home.

I hope they find Joseph quickly. An abandoned vehicle is never a good sign.

Millen, Georgia, is quite a distance from where he lived in Savannah, Georgia:

View attachment 189823
Google Maps

The article linked in Post #1 mentioned that the vehicle was found on Highway 25, near Millen. Since they didn't give an exact location, I just used the town of Millen, which is on Highway 25. Unless Joseph knew someone who lived in that area, Millen was a long way from home.
Does he have any family? I wonder if he has dementia or any other medical issues? Or perhaps something medical came up unexpectedly and he became disoriented?

I hope he's found soon. Poor man, that is a bit of a distance from his home. An hour and a half away!

missing-persons - NICno: Joseph Taylor | Georgia Bureau of Investigation

Joseph Taylor
Joesph Taylor.jpg

Case Info
Last Seen Date: Tue, 07/16/2019
Race: Black
Weight: 160
Height: 5'9"
Sex: Male
Hair Color: Grey
Eyes: Brown

Contact Info:
Savannah Police Department 912-651-6500 option 5, Crime stoppers 912-234-2020
  • Joseph Taylor was last seen leaving from a friend’s residence on Wexler St in Savanah Ga going to his daughters residence on E Waldburg St also in Savannah to spend time with the family.
  • This occurred on Sunday 7/16/19 around 12:00 PM.
  • Joseph Taylor was last seen wearing a long sleeved white dress shirt, dress pants and brown shoes may have facial hair and could be wearing a hat and possibly glasses/corrective lens also known to wear a silver watch on his right arm unknown make.
  • Mr Taylor left driving his Silver 2016 Toyota Tacoma Truck that was later found abandoned in Millen Ga.

‘He was the world to us’: Family searches for missing Savannah man one year later

A family is still searching for answers in the disappearance of their loved one. Joseph Taylor was last seen on Father’s Day in 2019. Family and friends came together Tuesday for a vigil held in his honor in Daffin Park.

Family members are asking for volunteers to help them post flyers from Savannah all the way to Statesboro. Joseph Taylor went missing one year ago and the family is still hoping to find him alive.

Joseph Taylor NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Circumstances of Disappearance Joseph Taylor was last seen at friend's residence located on Wexler St Savannah Ga around 1200 hours on 7/16/19. He last spoke with a family member around 1000 hours on this same day and he was leaving to meet with his family at their residence located on Waldburg St for dinner, but never showed up or called. All calls were going to voicemail. It was later learned that a family member had spoken with Mr Taylor around 8:00 pm on 7/16/19 and it sounded as if he was traveling in his truck but no mention of his location or where he was headed. He did mention he had wanted to travel to South Carolina. Mr.Taylor was driving his 2016 Toyota Tacoma silver in color truck that was later found abandoned in Millen Ga on June 18, 2019 but SPD learned that Mr Taylors' s vehicle was spotted in Millen Ga on June 17,2019. Mr Taylor was last seen wearing a long sleeve white shirt, dress pants, and brown shoes and possibly wearing a hat. Press release done and Jenkins Co Sheriff Office as well as GBI and SPD have conducted searches in Millen Ga and Savannah Ga and vicinity but Joseph Taylor could not be found.

2 years later, police continue to search for elderly man reported missing in Savannah

It's been nearly two full years since anyone has reported seeing an elderly Savannah man.

Joseph Taylor, then 79, disappeared June 19, 2019 in Savannah. His silver truck was found over an hour away in Millen, with the doors locked and the windows slightly opened.

“He said he was coming over as soon as he gets in this area. I said, 'OK, Dad, I’m going to cook dinner for you for Father’s Day.' And I did, but he never showed up. I was worried about him,” his daughter Lillian Taylor previously told WJCL.

Authorities say he was last seen wearing a long sleeve white shirt, dress pants and brown shoes.

Savannah Police and the GBI investigated the case but Taylor has yet to be found.

If you have any information or may have seen Taylor after he disappeared, call SPD at 912-651-6742.

This content is imported from Facebook. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back