GUILTY GA - Joy, 39, Micaiah, 11, & Jelani Deleston, 4, murdered, Lawrenceville, 28 Feb 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by sxybrwneyes27, Feb 29, 2008.

1. sxybrwneyes27

sxybrwneyes27 New Member

2. Loading...

3. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

What a horrible crime. That mug shot says it all, IMO. You really have to be soul-less and cold-hearted to kill little girls. :(

Welcome to WS, sxybrwneyes27!

4. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Real bada*s this kid thinks he is in that mugshot. Yes, a welcome as well sbe!

5. SLP

SLP New Member

The latest news reports are saying that, according to child support documents, the 4 year old was the daughter of the rap star Juvenile

Sad story. I have a hard time understanding how he could kill his mother and, especially, his younger siblings. Jenali was only 4 years old :( .

6. englishleigh

englishleigh Authentic Southern Belle

Heard about this at work. I work in a hospital and one of the cleaning staff came into our office late this afternoon and told us about it....the woman killed was her niece's best friend and the niece had just gotten off the phone with her an hour earlier. SO awful. :(

7. justche

justche Former Member

He certainly doesn't look anything but defiant.
    17 and 10th grade would either be held back 2x or 1x and a late start....

8. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

Ah, good catch with the age/grade, justche.

I was wondering if this was going to be the typical re-marriage type thing, where the killer doesn't really have a blood connection to the girls he killed. (or not necessarily "marriage" but different fathers)

9. KatK

KatK Former Member

10. biggirl

biggirl New Member

So very sad!

11. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

I wonder if this boy had been in trouble before and how well he got along with his mom and sisters. Looks like one of the girls was trying to get outside as she was found right inside the front door...the 11 yr old.

So far neighbors haven't reported fights or anything. Said they would often see the boy out shooting baskets or washing his mom's patrol car. I would really like to know what brought this about.

One whole family wiped out in a matter of minutes or even seconds. It just goes on and on...kids killing their families.

12. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

There seems to be no reason thus far. Other than one psychologist commenting that there could be serious mental illness involved but she was from another state and didn't know the family. I imagine that is as good a guess as anything right now.

It just seems that the mom was a giving dedicated person. The children were children for goodness sake. WHY?

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...triple_0229.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

13. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From September 2010:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/gwinnett-teen-gets-2-life-sentences-for-shooting-m/nQj7q/