GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of walkers, cyclists, and joggers wear a headlamp at night. Perpetrator could have had a similar light to see in the dark. Also, what do you sleuths make of all the many, very shallow stab wounds as noted in autopsy? Not every wound was a fatal, deep cut. It’s almost as if there were two different weapons used. My opinion only.

In the FCME autopsy report it is noted that the letters FA are on the right side of the chest & the letter T is on the left side of the chest. The horizontal line in the T is longer than the verticle line of the T. I observe from the word written upside down on the metal box SL!T, the horizontal line on the T appears to be more bold than the other letters. 2 K9's are shown alerting to this box by jumping up on it moments b4 I snapped the still. I will try to locate the video & post it. Just pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if a handwriting expert could compare the letters on KJ to the box. Probably not a comparible thing though. IMO.

I doubt comparable, due to the differences in hand position, implement, and surface. There actually is a handwriting expert here - on the James Valdez thread, where the words “help me” were written on a dirty window. AR - AR - James Valdez, 47, car found with message asking for help, Booneville, 10 Jun 2021

I'm just now reading the autopsy report. And, my first impression (with all the vicious wounds... contusions, stabbings, purposeful injuries) is there was more than one attacker. Particularly (or especially) since Bowie was also killed.

I keep going back over some of the phrases... "each convergence appears pointed", "blunt superior convergences" and "the convergences are indeterminate". And, I wonder... was the same weapon used to cause all of the cutting/stabbing type of injuries? And, did kicking cause the contusions or ??

Last edited:
Moo.... Two instruments i think , one for stab one for cut/slicing. They have knife and anatomy skills. They cut both neck jugulars and did partial evisceration. Could use a box cutter or filleting knife for that. If neck was cut first. There would be time to try to get away...so might explain cuts to front and back and pants pulled down if stabber was try to hold her still by holding on to clothing.
They must of dispatched the dog quickly first..wonder how they did that? Moo

I just found out about this case and it’s truly heartbreaking. I really want to get caught up but I see there are several threads for this case. Any suggestions on how to get caught up as soon as possible?

A lot of walkers, cyclists, and joggers wear a headlamp at night. Perpetrator could have had a similar light to see in the dark. Also, what do you sleuths make of all the many, very shallow stab wounds as noted in autopsy? Not every wound was a fatal, deep cut. It’s almost as if there were two different weapons used. My opinion only.
I would think the shallow wounds were during a struggle and not able to penetrate due to movement of victim.
As far as 2 weapons and 2 perps, people are reading to much into this. The simplest explanation is usually the best one. A very angry person whom she knew waited or followed her and took out revenge for either romantic or financial grievance.

I just found out about this case and it’s truly heartbreaking. I really want to get caught up but I see there are several threads for this case. Any suggestions on how to get caught up as soon as possible?
Welcome to the thread JayLee#99!
Autopsy report for Atlanta woman released after she and her dog were killed over the summer | Daily Mail Online
''Woman found mutilated along with her dog at Atlanta park had been stabbed more than 50 times, had her throat cut and had FAT carved into her body
  • The autopsy report for Atlanta woman Katherine 'Katie' Janness, 40, was released on Friday after she was killed over the summer
  • Janness's body and her dead dog Bowie were found by her girlfriend Emma Clark at Piedmont Park on July 28
  • The report revealed Janness had died from sharp force injuries of her face, neck and torso and was ruled a homicide
  • She had been stabbed more than 50 times and the letters 'F', 'A', and 'T' carved into her torso
  • Clark was believed to have been involved with the murder by the public after her girlfriend's body was discovered
  • The Atlanta Police Department, however, have said they had no current leads on suspects after Clark had asked them to help clear her name
  • The case remains under investigation by the APD and FBI

Autopsy Report Says Atlanta Woman Was Stabbed 50 Times and Had the Letters 'F,' 'A,' 'T' Carved into Her Chest
''A chilling new autopsy report reveals that the Atlanta woman killed while walking her dog this summer was stabbed 50 times — including 15 times in the face — and had the letters "F," "A," and "T" carved into her chest.

Katie Janness, 40, was killed on July 28, 2021, while walking her dog, Bowie, in Piedmont Park in Atlanta, according to the Atlanta Police Department.

Officers responded to reports of the stabbing at about 1:10 a.m. after Janness' longtime partner, Emma Clark, discovered her body at the entrance of the public park, ABC News and 11 Alive report.

Janness was last seen on surveillance footage walking Bowie near the rainbow crosswalk at 10th Street and Piedmont Ave, police said.

Clark went looking for her when she failed to come home.

RELATED: 'There Is a Monster On the Loose': FBI Investigates Murder of Atlanta Woman and Dog She Was Walking

Clark found Janness, who was pronounced dead at the scene, which authorities described as "gruesome," according to 11 Alive.

Bowie was also killed.

No suspect has been identified in the stabbing.''

I would think the shallow wounds were during a struggle and not able to penetrate due to movement of victim.
As far as 2 weapons and 2 perps, people are reading to much into this. The simplest explanation is usually the best one. A very angry person whom she knew waited or followed her and took out revenge for either romantic or financial grievance.
Or, it's an MS-13 gang initiation (has cardinal signatures of such...no rape, extreme brutality, woman as target, stealth, bold, brazen to shock and terrorize, sharp objects as weapon, near-beheading, humiliation, overkill). MS-13 is a "thing" in the ATL and imho, there's a reason why GBI plus DA Fani Willis mentioned gang activity in pressers in and around this killing. All moo. All speculation.

The number of wounds could have just overwhelmed my little brain while reading the autopsy. You could be correct... it's definitely possible there was only one attacker. The injuries to Katie's hands appear defensive, but after the injury to her throat/neck (or the deep stab to abdomen), she was basically debilitated so the killer could easily inflict additional wounds. And, it's possible all sharp wounds could have been inflicted by one weapon. Was the deepest cut approx 2-1/4 inches? Also, I don't think the killer was medically skilled... just extremely vicious and full of rage. jmo

Last edited:
Or, it's an MS-13 gang initiation (has cardinal signatures of such...no rape, extreme brutality, woman as target, stealth, bold, brazen to shock and terrorize, sharp objects as weapon, near-beheading, humiliation, overkill). MS-13 is a "thing" in the ATL and imho, there's a reason why GBI plus DA Fani Willis mentioned gang activity in pressers in and around this killing. All moo. All speculation.
Very possible, imo, speculation. rbbm.

By Chris Jose, WSB-TV
Street gang MS-13 recruiting teens from local middle, high schools
''COBB COUNTY, Ga. — One of the most violent, notorious street gangs in the United States is recruiting kids as young as 13 from local middle and high schools, officials said.

Channel 2's Chris Jose was in Cobb County, where a judge recently sentenced six known MS-13 gang members. Officials said they are hunting another fugitive.

MS-13 is known for killing women and children with guns, knives and machetes.''

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...132e94-40bf-11e8-bba2-0976a82b05a2_story.html
''Unlike their counterparts in Central America, some MS-13 cliques in the United States now allow female members, said Michael Prado, assistant special agent in charge of the Washington office of Homeland Security Investigations, a branch of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

“In that regard they are somewhat progressive,” he said. “The [cliques] here are a little bit more, for lack of a better term, Americanized.”

In response, ICE has begun instructing its agents to scrutinize girls and young women as closely as males for MS-13 involvement, Prado said.

“There are female MS-13 members engaged in some extremely heinous and violent activity,” he added.''

Last edited:
I seriously doubt she is the type of target a gang is looking for, they target other gang members or robberies. They are not going to spend the time to carve the word FAT into her body. This was personal, this was rage. Gang members do not have emotions in their murders. JMO.

I seriously doubt she is the type of target a gang is looking for, they target other gang members or robberies. They are not going to spend the time to carve the word FAT into her body. This was personal, this was rage. Gang members do not have emotions in their murders. JMO.
Or they carve F A T to humiliate which is part of this gang's m.o. And they blitz her and overkill and film it because that's what earns their cred.

Or they carve F A T to humiliate which is part of this gang's m.o. And they blitz her and overkill and film it because that's what earns their cred.
I do not think they would take a chance and target a woman that has a dog that could attack and in a public area easy to be seen on camera or witnesses. They would go after someone alone to rob or someone to make a point.
The gang carvings I think are messages to other members involving members or associates of members.
No one is going to randomly attack a woman with a dog, too risky.

Welcome to the thread JayLee#99!
Autopsy report for Atlanta woman released after she and her dog were killed over the summer | Daily Mail Online
''Woman found mutilated along with her dog at Atlanta park had been stabbed more than 50 times, had her throat cut and had FAT carved into her body
  • The autopsy report for Atlanta woman Katherine 'Katie' Janness, 40, was released on Friday after she was killed over the summer
  • Janness's body and her dead dog Bowie were found by her girlfriend Emma Clark at Piedmont Park on July 28
  • The report revealed Janness had died from sharp force injuries of her face, neck and torso and was ruled a homicide
  • She had been stabbed more than 50 times and the letters 'F', 'A', and 'T' carved into her torso
  • Clark was believed to have been involved with the murder by the public after her girlfriend's body was discovered
  • The Atlanta Police Department, however, have said they had no current leads on suspects after Clark had asked them to help clear her name
  • The case remains under investigation by the APD and FBI

Autopsy Report Says Atlanta Woman Was Stabbed 50 Times and Had the Letters 'F,' 'A,' 'T' Carved into Her Chest
''A chilling new autopsy report reveals that the Atlanta woman killed while walking her dog this summer was stabbed 50 times — including 15 times in the face — and had the letters "F," "A," and "T" carved into her chest.

Katie Janness, 40, was killed on July 28, 2021, while walking her dog, Bowie, in Piedmont Park in Atlanta, according to the Atlanta Police Department.

Officers responded to reports of the stabbing at about 1:10 a.m. after Janness' longtime partner, Emma Clark, discovered her body at the entrance of the public park, ABC News and 11 Alive report.

Janness was last seen on surveillance footage walking Bowie near the rainbow crosswalk at 10th Street and Piedmont Ave, police said.

Clark went looking for her when she failed to come home.

RELATED: 'There Is a Monster On the Loose': FBI Investigates Murder of Atlanta Woman and Dog She Was Walking

Clark found Janness, who was pronounced dead at the scene, which authorities described as "gruesome," according to 11 Alive.

Bowie was also killed.

No suspect has been identified in the stabbing.''

• The Atlanta Police Department, however, have said they had no current leads on suspects after Clark had asked them to help clear her name (seen above) The true statement of the APD is as follows:
    When asked if they could clear Clark's name, APD released the following statement:

The investigation into the murder of Katherine Janness remains open and very active. Our investigators continue working tirelessly to find the person(s) responsible. We understand it is frustrating for there to be so little information released publicly. However, to ensure the investigation isn't compromised, we simply cannot release much information on our active investigation. We know how important this case is to those in our communities and we will continue our work to bring this investigation to a resolution.

If I were LE I would be interviewing every co worker of both women and the co workers partners. I would check out regular customers also. I am sure they have interviewed close friend of the women and the close friends partners. Also the women's neighbors and partners of neighbors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member