GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This SL#! word on the silver box outside the 10th & CA entrance was discussed in Thread 2. I posted a pic but don't have it anymore. Also keep in mind, according to the autopsy report, the T in the word FAT had a double verticle incision & the 1st video of the murders from 11alive news showed 2 K-9's hit on the silver box.
I drive past this 3-4 days a week for a yr now & have had to stop at that light. Never noticed the tag until after the murders.
JMOO.

Looking at Google street view captures, there is a second upside down "sl**" across the street on another utility box in front of the high school. Neither boxes had this writing in January 2020, but both had it by December 2021 based on street view captures. Of course, both graffiti could be connected to the high school, because... teenagers.

Also, recently written (Dec 2021) on a traffic light post (next to the utility box) is the word "VESTA." The only thing I could find for Vesta/Atlanta was a nearby kickboxing studio geared toward women. However, Vesta looks like it was written by a different hand than the two "sl**"

If the dogs were zeroing in on the utility box, the surveillance cameras should have caught anyone who made contact with box that day.

This SL#! word on the silver box outside the 10th & CA entrance was discussed in Thread 2. I posted a pic but don't have it anymore. Also keep in mind, according to the autopsy report, the T in the word FAT had a double verticle incision & the 1st video of the murders from 11alive news showed 2 K-9's hit on the silver box.
I drive past this 3-4 days a week for a yr now & have had to stop at that light. Never noticed the tag until after the murders.
JMOO.

Looking at Google street view captures, there is a second upside down "sl**" across the street on another utility box in front of the high school. Neither boxes had this writing in January 2020, but both had it by December 2021 based on street view captures. Of course, both graffiti could be connected to the high school, because... teenagers.

Also, recently written (Dec 2021) on a traffic light post (next to the utility box) is the word "VESTA." The only thing I could find for Vesta/Atlanta was a nearby kickboxing studio geared toward women. However, Vesta looks like it was written by a different hand than the two "sl**"

If the dogs zeroed in on the utility box, the surveillance cameras should have been able to catch activity there, too.

If the dogs were zeroing in on the utility box, the surveillance cameras should have caught anyone who made contact with box that day.
What a name for a kickboxing gym. Vesta is the Roman goddess of the hearth & fire tended by the vestal virgins. That's deep....
Modern day English def. says woodstick or wooden match.
I'll have to ck the box across the street. But it probably is teenagers.

What a name for a kickboxing gym. Vesta is the Roman goddess of the hearth & fire tended by the vestal virgins. That's deep....
Modern day English def. says woodstick or wooden match.
I'll have to ck the box across the street. But it probably is teenagers.

Cool. Didn't know that.

And yes, the high school is probably the source of all of the upside down sl**s that are popping up around the neighborhood. But if anything happened in front of the upside down sl** on the north side of the street on the day of the murder, the surveillance camera most certainly recorded it. Really hope APD looked at all of the footage. They must have if they have shots of Katie from several blocks away.

Cool. Didn't know that.

And yes, the high school is probably the source of all of the upside down sl**s that are popping up around the neighborhood. But if anything happened in front of the upside down sl** on the north side of the street on the day of the murder, the surveillance camera most certainly recorded it. Really hope APD looked at all of the footage. They must have if they have shots of Katie from several blocks away.
I've always wondered if the K9s hit on that utility box because maybe Bowie's scent was on it. Bowie could have marked it that night, and we just don't know that he and KJ are on camera at the entrance, or he could have marked it one of the other many nights they likely walked by. I think if the K9s were hitting on the killer's scent, we'd see LE release that person's photo just like they did the potential witnesses, wouldn't we? Idk.

I keep dwelling on the location and how it factors in to the crime. The restroom has always seemed significant, but in my research, the exeloo restrooms lock themselves at night, and Google says that particular one is closed at 11pm. Maybe not everyone knows that, though, so perhaps KJ, the jogger, or even the killer went to that specific spot for the express purpose of using the restroom (only to find it locked).

Then there is the soda vending machine. Like the restroom, this would be a purposeful reason to be right there.

What are the odds that KJ was attacked in such close proximity to that restroom/vending machine?

I guess it doesn't really matter, it's just curious to me...

Last edited:
In the below CBS broadcast by reporter Karyn Greer, she states that the father of Katherine Janness (I believe, it is hard to understand, it is at 4:10 of the CBS report) told her there was male DNA found on Katherine's body, and that she had been sexually assaulted. Karyn Greer asked Atlanta Police Department to confirm this, and they would not confirm. However, the autopsy report shows that the jeans and underwear on the victim's body had been pulled down to her knees.

Based on this my opinion is there was an element of sexual assault by a male involved in the attack. I previously (incorrectly) speculated that the female partner of the victim was somehow involved. I wish I could remove that post, but I can not.

EXCLUSIVE: Partner of woman found slain in Piedmont Park pleads for APD to clear her name

Attachments

• Katie-Janness-Autopsy.pdf
    477.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Probably mentioned before as I haven’t kept up with this case. I was surprised to find the word on her was FAT as she isn’t someone I would have described that way. Maybe it wasn’t meant to describe her but is it possible she referred to someone else as fat? Maybe a bar regular that was harassing her or Emma or something. Or a neighborhood homophobe or something.

In the below CBS broadcast by reporter Karyn Greer, she states that the father of Katherine Janness (I believe, it is hard to understand, it is at 4:10 of the CBS report) told her there was male DNA found on Katherine's body, and that she had been sexually assaulted. Karyn Greer asked Atlanta Police Department to confirm this, and they would not confirm. However, the autopsy report shows that the jeans and underwear on the victim's body had been pulled down to her knees.

Based on this my opinion is there was an element of sexual assault by a male involved in the attack. I previously (incorrectly) speculated that the female partner of the victim was somehow involved. I wish I could remove that post, but I can not.

EXCLUSIVE: Partner of woman found slain in Piedmont Park pleads for APD to clear her name
Actually, it was the father of EC that made the statement about the male DNA according to MSM. He is referred to on this thread as JC. WS admin consider, as should be, EC & JC are victims as well as any family & friends of KJ.
You can't delete posts but you might be able to go back & edit a post. Just be sure to indicate at the bottom of the edited version,
EBM (edited by me).

EC used 75% of the money from GF me to buy a condo?! Really. What is a GF me fund supposed to be for? I would have thought a reward, funeral expenses, maybe a private investigator.

I am not a fan of fundraising. There seems to be no oversight on how the funds are used...

I know what you mean regarding oversight of funds like this. I'm at least glad the purchase was admitted. Interestingly (or maybe just coincidentally?), IIRC, JC also stated his daughter and KJ were planning to buy a home together before the murder.

I don't know why exactly, and I could be very wrong... but I'm circling back to the possibility there was more than one person who inflicted all the wounds and killed KJ so brutally.

jmo

EC used 75% of the money from GF me to buy a condo?! Really. What is a GF me fund supposed to be for? I would have thought a reward, funeral expenses, maybe a private investigator.

I am not a fan of fundraising. There seems to be no oversight on how the funds are used...

Respectfully, @mickey2942 (and in spite of generally being skeptical about the use of funds from /similar fundraising platforms), I disagree about the appropriateness of the use of monies from fundraising in this specific instance. IMO only, but I can’t fathom Emma having to continue living in the same space after Katie’s murder—it would likely be a constant and terribly painful reminder of that loss—and I could certainly understand why a surviving partner might need, for their own sanity and safety, move to a completely different part of the city or to a safer/more secure building after their world had just been turned upside down. I also can’t imagine a newly bereaved person having the mental bandwidth to search for apartments (which are often in scarce supply in metro areas like ATL), then checking them out in person, then applying to rent, and finally (maybe) getting approved— and the latter part would be especially hard if a two-income household had suddenly become a one-income household! Now, I don’t know where the condo E. allegedly purchased is located, relative to their previous place, and can’t say how it compares, security-wise, to the apartment Katie and Emma and their pets shared before Katie’s murder, but I can nonetheless understand how this purchase might fall within the scope of the fundraiser if said fundraiser was intended, in part, to support Emma and assist her in moving forward with her life in spite of the grievous loss she suffered when her partner and animal companion were so senselessly killed.

I can nonetheless understand how this purchase might fall within the scope of the fundraiser if said fundraiser was intended, in part, to support Emma and assist her in moving forward with her life in spite of the grievous loss she suffered when her partner and animal companion were so senselessly killed.

RSBM

Though not directed at me, I could see where this could be the case if funds were stated to be used for Emma's support, and this may have been the case... I dunno' as I didn't see the fundraiser details. Also, with the cost of everything these days, I guess it's possible the move necessitated use of 75% of the money obtained.

jmo

Went by the park today to take a look at the utility box. Definitely two lines in the horizontal section of the T (though it’s the vertical section of the T carved into KJ that is doubled according to the autopsy report.)

Thank you so much for the picture.

Very helpful.

Especially since I got my whole point wrong as to where the double lines are on the T!

Very helpful.

Especially since I got my whole point wrong as to where the double lines are on the T!
Just a thought, have they had a look to see if any high school papers or restaurant cheques (bill) are written by someone in the area who doubles the lines in the letter T ? speculation.

Very helpful.

*advertiser censored* was also written upside down at the bottom of the box. No telling when that was written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74