GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

HOW DID NOT ONE PERSON SEE OR HEAR THIS HAPPENING
Having been in the park several times through the years, I believe:
No one many have seen it because the park was technically closed. Most people are not going in or through the park at that time. It is not well lit.
No one may have heard anything because the soft grassy surfaces and the hills in the park would tend to muffle a lot of sounds, while the streets and hardscapes outside the park echo the outside sounds.

I’m guessing it’s possible someone the person (people) who set her up purposely did not take their phone to the crime scene, so it would not ping in the area.

The longer I stew on this and the more pieces I put together (as pure speculation) I believe she was set up. I think it was planned.

I think an arrest will come soon, because I think LE is also probably putting these pieces together and I think the walls are closing in on these people, it’s just a matter of time. I think it will need of being people close to her.

HOW DID NOT ONE PERSON SEE OR HEAR THIS HAPPENING
One thing was that the injuries she sustained were severe enough to incapacitate her. I know wouldn't Bowie yelp or was this perp to quick? IDK something is really off here IMO. Perp knew them, they felt comfortable enough near perp perp strikes Bowie lethally knowing where to strike. Bowie is dead and Katie is in shock all she can do is run away but the perp catches up to her sadly, and the rest of the horror that happened thereafter.

If I were to speculate, I think Bowie was given a treat with something in it, such as a drug that would incapacitate him quickly and make him just drop. I think this would explain why their wasn’t any blood on the family members who picked him up at the scene when they checked on him upon arrival. He couldn’t have been stabbed.

Also, if they were both stabbed, they would have ran with that story, “woman and dog stabbed to death.” They really didn’t. They still haven’t released his cause of death. There is a reason. It must be important.

More reason for me to believe it was planned and not a crime of opportunity, who carries laced dog treats around with them? Or dog incapacitating equipment? Tasers? Rope? Whatever….no one does. Unless you have a mission.

If I were to speculate, I think Bowie was given a treat with something in it, such as a drug that would incapacitate him quickly and make him just drop. I think this would explain why their wasn’t any blood on the family members who picked him up at the scene when they checked on him upon arrival. He couldn’t have been stabbed.
But he was stabbed.

Atlanta stabbing deaths of woman, her dog remains unsolved

Katie Janness, 40, was walking her dog, Bowie, in the city’s Piedmont Park after midnight July 28 when someone attacked and killed them both, police said. They were found dead around 1:10 a.m., each with multiple stab wounds.

Bolded by me.

I’m sorry, I don’t know why I didn’t think he was stabbed. I mean, I see the headlines that they were both stabbed, but every time I see APD doing press conferences, they always say KJ was stabbed, and then he was “killed”…I don’t know what I was thinking. Lol. My bad!

I also think I was confused since some of her family members said in their very first news interviews that they picked the dog up upon arriving in scene, to check to see if he was okay, yet didn’t have blood on their white shirts. Which would be odd. That’s maybe why I thought, hmm. Maybe he wasn’t stabbed, and maybe I misheard.

I’m sorry, I don’t know why I didn’t think he was stabbed. I mean, I see the headlines that they were both stabbed, but every time I see APD doing press conferences, they always say KJ was stabbed, and then he was “killed”…I don’t know what I was thinking. Lol. My bad!

I also think I was confused since some of her family members said in their very first news interviews that they picked the dog up upon arriving in scene, to check to see if he was okay, yet didn’t have blood on their white shirts. Which would be odd. That’s maybe why I thought, hmm. Maybe he wasn’t stabbed, and maybe I misheard.
Actually, Pandasleuth2, your thoughts are always right on, IMO, so I’m thinking that maybe the APD just made it sound as if they both died the same way to preserve the integrity of at least some of the evidence they found early on. I haven’t thought too much about the manner and actions surrounding Bowie’s being caught off guard and killed, and the idea of a laced treat makes total sense. Everyone else has also made probable guesses. There are so many plausible theories about both Katie’s and Bowie’s whereabouts and paths taken, so many possibilities as to what truly happened.

My hopes, like some, are beginning to wan a bit. I do hope, as you mentioned previously with a positive spirit, that LE will come forth with an arrest very soon. It won’t bring Katie back into our lives, but I feel it will (maybe, hopefully) answer the Why and allow Emma, Katie’s family and friends in Michigan, Atlanta and other places, and all the others who have cared and been stressed about this horrendous and senseless crime to feel some relief and release. I imagine it’s taken a huge toll on those who love her and want to see justice take place.

Actually, Pandasleuth2, your thoughts are always right on, IMO, so I’m thinking that maybe the APD just made it sound as if they both died the same way to preserve the integrity of at least some of the evidence they found early on. I haven’t thought too much about the manner and actions surrounding Bowie’s being caught off guard and killed, and the idea of a laced treat makes total sense. Everyone else has also made probable guesses. There are so many plausible theories about both Katie’s and Bowie’s whereabouts and paths taken, so many possibilities as to what truly happened.

My hopes, like some, are beginning to wan a bit. I do hope, as you mentioned previously with a positive spirit, that LE will come forth with an arrest very soon. It won’t bring Katie back into our lives, but I feel it will (maybe, hopefully) answer the Why and allow Emma, Katie’s family and friends in Michigan, Atlanta and other places, and all the others who have cared and been stressed about this horrendous and senseless crime to feel some relief and release. I imagine it’s taken a huge toll on those who love her and want to see justice take place.
As far as I remember, LE hasn’t stated the cause of Bowie’s death. It must be information they’re holding back that only the killer would know. MOO.
LE has released very little information. The autopsy report was released by the coroner’s office. I wish someone at the last press conference had asked LE how they felt about that release.
If anyone is following the Delphi Indiana murders, it took LE six years to make an arrest, but it seems the suspect was on their radar from the beginning. I hope that is the case here, and LE just needs a few key pieces of evidence in order to make an arrest. Although I pray it doesn’t take six years for Katie and Bowie to have justice. JMO.

1670878564283.png
rbbm.
By Tim Craig
September 16, 2021
''Clark took off on her bike and arrived at the park’s 10th Street gate around 1 a.m. Once inside, she saw Janness’s pit bull, Bowie, motionless on the ground. About 50 feet away lay Janness, dead.
“There was a slice on her face, like in an X pattern on her face,” said Clark, 30. “And there was a deep cut to her throat; it was cut all the way to the bone.”

Janness, 40, had been stabbed repeatedly and appeared to have been mutilated, police said. Her dog also was stabbed to death''.

Although police and the FBI have said little publicly about the ongoing case, the brutal nature of the July 28 crime has rattled even veteran investigators.
“It’s a very frightening crime,” said Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis, adding that evidence suggests the killer did not immediately flee the scene after the crime. “And that is strange,” she said. “Most people commit a murder and want to get the hell away because they don’t want to be caught.”

Last edited:
View attachment 386978
rbbm.
By Tim Craig
September 16, 2021
''Clark took off on her bike and arrived at the park’s 10th Street gate around 1 a.m. Once inside, she saw Janness’s pit bull, Bowie, motionless on the ground. About 50 feet away lay Janness, dead.
“There was a slice on her face, like in an X pattern on her face,” said Clark, 30. “And there was a deep cut to her throat; it was cut all the way to the bone.”

Janness, 40, had been stabbed repeatedly and appeared to have been mutilated, police said. Her dog also was stabbed to death''.

Although police and the FBI have said little publicly about the ongoing case, the brutal nature of the July 28 crime has rattled even veteran investigators.
“It’s a very frightening crime,” said Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis, adding that evidence suggests the killer did not immediately flee the scene after the crime. “And that is strange,” she said. “Most people commit a murder and want to View attachment 386978
rbbm.
By Tim Craig
September 16, 2021

“It’s a very frightening crime,” said Fulton County District Attorney Fani T. Willis, adding that evidence suggests the killer did not immediately flee the scene after the crime. “And that is strange,” she said. “Most people commit a murder and want to get the hell away because they don’t want to be caught.”
As far as I know, there were 3 people on scene when LE arrived. The girlfriend, the guy who screamed “WTF” in the background who randomly discovered the body within 2 seconds of the girlfriend discovering the body, and then another man walking by who also called 911. So are they insinuating one of them stuck around? Or am I just grasping for straws?

Also, can someone help me determine what kind of evidence would point someone to decide the killer did not flee immediately? Like….I don’t understand how you would know that?? Please enlighten me.

Also, I’m just going to throw this out there because I’m curious and would like to know. It was dark out….under a tree, in an unlit area of the park. The gf said she saw KJ, dead, obviously, checked her pulse and ran back out as fast as she could because she was scared. How would she know details of the cuts like…..how could she see bones and with all the blood and stuff, and it being very dark out, without bending down to examine her, how would she have been able to see the details of her injuries? Especially to be able to see how deep her neck wounds were? Please enlighten me. I’m NOT pointing fingers, in honestly asking because I’m not schooled in injuries and bodies and etc.

As far as I know, there were 3 people on scene when LE arrived. The girlfriend, the guy who screamed “WTF” in the background who randomly discovered the body within 2 seconds of the girlfriend discovering the body, and then another man walking by who also called 911. So are they insinuating one of them stuck around? Or am I just grasping for straws?

Also, can someone help me determine what kind of evidence would point someone to decide the killer did not flee immediately? Like….I don’t understand how you would know that?? Please enlighten me.

Also, I’m just going to throw this out there because I’m curious and would like to know. It was dark out….under a tree, in an unlit area of the park. The gf said she saw KJ, dead, obviously, checked her pulse and ran back out as fast as she could because she was scared. How would she know details of the cuts like…..how could she see bones and with all the blood and stuff, and it being very dark out, without bending down to examine her, how would she have been able to see the details of her injuries? Especially to be able to see how deep her neck wounds were? Please enlighten me. I’m NOT pointing fingers, in honestly asking because I’m not schooled in injuries and bodies and etc.
Good questions. I'm assuming that perhaps since both Katie and Bowie were found near the entrance of the park there may have bee some light coming from outside of the park. But the question is how much light was enough to see what had happened to them? The other question that intrigues me is how would it be known that the killer lingered on after killing? What led to this insight? Is it again a matter of integrity to the case? I'm thinking it may be. But how would one conclude that the killer lingered after the murder?

But they weren’t both found near the entrance. Bowie was found were there was light. KJ wasn’t…
IMO, they are guessing that the killer/s lingered because he/she did so much extra damage after the murder-after a “reasonable” amount of time to take someone’s life and get the heck out of there. And especially since she was close Enough to an entrance that he/she (had the murderer/s been worried about being spotted as a person/s with common sense would have been) should have been concerned about being seen, but evidently had a super-ego and a well-honed plan that Needed to be carried out to the Very End, everyone nearby be damned.

Last edited:
As far as I remember, LE hasn’t stated the cause of Bowie’s death. It must be information they’re holding back that only the killer would know. MOO.
LE has released very little information. The autopsy report was released by the coroner’s office. I wish someone at the last press conference had asked LE how they felt about that release.
If anyone is following the Delphi Indiana murders, it took LE six years to make an arrest, but it seems the suspect was on their radar from the beginning. I hope that is the case here, and LE just needs a few key pieces of evidence in order to make an arrest. Although I pray it doesn’t take six years for Katie and Bowie to have justice. JMO.
LE confirmed Bowie was stabbed during their last media update on 7/28/22
They previously hadn't said, but confirmed suspicions when asked by a reporter.

But they weren’t both found near the entrance. Bowie was found were there was light. KJ wasn’t…
Bowie was found about 50 ft inside the gate, either in the road or on the path. There are lights along the road, so he would have been in some light. Katie was I believe another 100 ft into the park, under the trees just off the road (I believe). So she was probably in shadow, but there may have been enough light to see something. Also, we know Emma had a phone, perhaps she had the flash light on.

Perhaps she did? But those are important details that make a difference.

If she would have needed a flashlight just to be able to identify her or her injuries. That means the killer would have needed a flashlight to inflict them…at least the writing part. And you can’t hold a flashlight and a slippery, bloody knife.

Last edited:
Perhaps she did? But those are important details that make a difference.

If she would have needed a flashlight just to be able to identify her or her injuries. That means the killer would have needed a flashlight to inflict them…at least the writing part. And you can’t hold a flashlight and a slippery, bloody knife.
It is a valid question. The killer would have needed to see somewhat. I don't know exactly where her body was found so its difficult to know how much light there was there.

It is a valid question. The killer would have needed to see somewhat. I don't know exactly where her body was found so its difficult to know how much light there was there.
People who work in the entertainment industry including bars, clubs, theaters and so on, are often accustomed to working in dark conditions, plus people who regularly hang out late in a park might navigate well due to being familiar with the terrain, imo. speculation.
Unless one person filmed & lit the murder committed by another person, speculation.
Then there is this..fwiw
  1. Image titled See in the Dark Step 2

Wear red-tinted glasses or goggles.Rod cells don't pick up the color red, so 20–30 minutes of wearing red tinted glasses before you go into a dark area can help you to detect motion around you more quickly.
    • By blocking everything in the visible spectrum except red, the glasses will allow your rods to adjust to “darkness” of a sort before you head out.
    • This is a common trick that aviators use when they don't have time to sit in perfect darkness and adjust before night-flying.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back