GA - Katie Sasser, 34, Johnny Hall, 39, Shot Dead by Ex-Cop Robert 'Corey' Sasser 28 June 2018

Legally Bland

Reaction score
  • Robert 'Corey' Sasser, 41, a former Georgia police lieutenant killed his estranged wife, Katie Sasser, her boyfriend and himself on Thursday night
  • Sasser was out on bond while facing charges of battery and criminal trespass
  • He allegedly threatened his wife's life and tried to kick down her door in May
  • Authorities said that after shooting his wife and her boyfriend, Sasser led police on a slow-speed car chase, which ended with a SWAT standoff
  • SWAT fired tear gas into Sasser's car and discovered him dead inside his truck
Wife killed by estranged troubled police lieutenant husband who was fired after shooting young mom | Daily Mail Online

In May Sasser had a 9 hour stand off with a SWAT team and was arrested for trying to assault them, but was released on bond.

Just last month, a judge banned Sasser from Glynn County after a pair of violent episodes. The first, on May 13, involved a domestic violence arrest involving his wife, Katie, and was followed just days later by a nine-hour armed standoff with SWAT police that ended with a felony arrest after Sasser tried to assault officers.

Despite violating his bond in the domestic violence arrest, a Glynn County judge gave Sasser bond a second time for the assault of the officers.

Sasser, who goes by the name Cory, had been living in Alabama with a sister in recent weeks. His bond conditions included staying away from firearms, avoiding his estranged wife and attending regular mental health counseling.

But a court hearing related to his divorce drew him back to Brunswick on Tuesday. The hearing didn’t go his way, according to his criminal defense attorney, who said a judge offered very limited visitation rights for Sasser to see his 10-year-old son.

“I’m angry,” said attorney Alan David Tucker. “I’m pissed (at him). I can’t do anything about it because he’s dead. I and others went to bat for him.”

Ga. cop who killed Caroline Small shoots self after killing wife, man

In 2010 Sasser was involved in the fatal police shooting of Caroline Small, an unarmed mother of two, shot 8 times through her windshield for failing to stop her vehicle.

The prosecutors who watched the fatal police shooting video of Caroline Small had more than a century of courtroom experience — from murder cases to child molestation to rape.

Still, the violence that unfolded on the computer screen shocked them into silence. The video showed eight police bullets piercing the car windshield of the unarmed Georgia mother as she was pinned against a utility pole and surrounded by police cars.

The consensus in the courthouse conference room was that the two Glynn County police officers who pulled their triggers had committed a crime. One DA called for more investigation. A second said it was manslaughter. Another said it was aggravated assault.

Dashcam video from the shooting of Caroline Small

Several called it murder.

“We were just stunned,” said David Peterson, one of the prosecutors. “We just said, ‘That’s a killing.’ We thought the officers used improper force. There was a sense that something bad here has happened.”

Almost to a person, the prosecutors believed the officers should be indicted by a criminal grand jury. A jury trial seemed certain to follow.

What happened instead derailed the case and fundamentally shook their beliefs in the justice system and the rule of law.

OVER THE LINE: Police shootings in Georgia

Here's dashcam footage of the police shooting. WARNING: I couldn't see anything graphic, but just knowing there's a real person being shot is quite shocking.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back