Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

This case has bothered me since I saw it covered on Disappeared. Things that don’t make sense to me:

• The girlfriend says she heard him turn off the video game and go to sleep on the couch but in another statement she says he left the video game idle. Which was it?

• I noticed not much was made of the call to his girlfriend’s phone that night. I read that he had an iPhone, which makes it pretty difficult to butt dial someone or make an accidental call. So why was he calling her in the middle of the night when she was in the next room?

• The girlfriend said he wasn’t feeling well that day and didn’t want to do anything yet he went to the store for her at 9 pm that night. Why didn’t she go herself if he wasn’t feeling well?

• Why would someone who wanted to commit suicide decide to do it in the middle of the night by walking in the cold for miles to a lake to do it?

I understand everyone reactions differently to things but something about the way the girlfriend spoke on Disappeared bothered me, I felt as though she was trying to act surprised but it wasn’t very convincing.
I agree with all your points. I just watched this in 2021, and I have that deeply unsettled feeling like I did upon first hearing about the Diane Schuler wrong-way accident in 2009 -- There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane. There was so much more to the "perfect wife and mother" who was inexplicably VERY drunk and high at 1:30 p.m. in a car full of kids: turns out her husband was a selfish, childish , her own mother had deserted the family very early in her life, she was a successfully-functional closet alcoholic for years (many women alcoholics fall into this category) who on that day mixed the perfect storm of hangover, hair of the dog, nausea and lack of food, stress from the car full of kids that led to a devastating outcome. In several crime shows and documentaries the family denies all problems and the truth is only hinted at.

I think the same is going on here. I would never say suicide is out of the question -- many deeply depressed people are extremely high-functioning until they're not. It just seems like there are other possibilities <modsnip>.

**As mentioned, why did she ask HIM to go to the store if he was unwell? That seems selfish and certainly not the choice of a deeply loving girlfriend. Also, he didn't look particularly unwell in the video -- no coughs or sneezes of the sort that would prevent someone from sleeping.

**And the sleeping on the couch thing. Normally a loving partner would suggest the sick person stay in the warm, comfortable bed. And same observations about her enactment of him laying down and taking off his headset followed by the in-depth explanation of how the game "went idle." Pick a story.

**None of the family seemed particularly warm towards her -- they were never interviewed together or seen together. There's even a shot of the divorced couple working together at the same table during the search, but girlfriend is always on the outskirts.

**I do think her hyper-awareness of the location of HIS gun, one he rarely carried or used, is "interesting."

<modsnip>

**The local police could face some backlash, to say the least, for not taking the search as seriously as they could have in the early stages and could have other reasons besides discretion for not elaborating on what they were able to glean from a badly decomposed body and missing weapon.

Just some thoughts on why it might not be "absolutely a suicide." And six years down the road it's unfortunate that there are no firmer answers. Even as a suicide it's bizarre as heck-- 4 a.m. on a cold morning, after a garbled phone call not picked up by girlfriend, he walks a mile to a distant dock to shoot himself on the edge of the lake...? Most suicides don't go out of their way to hide their own body, knowing that their death will be pain enough for loved ones left behind. If I were his family I'd certainly want more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the same is going on here. I would never say suicide is out of the question -- many deeply depressed people are extremely high-functioning until they're not. It just seems like there are other possibilities too, most obviously the girlfriend.

100% Agree.

**I do think her hyper-awareness of the location of HIS gun, one he rarely carried or used, is "interesting."

I’m not sure if this was something that was overdramatized in the disappeared episode or not and I haven’t actually watched the episode for quite a while. But if my memory is correct, I recall that she announced the missing gun almost immediately if not at the same time as she reported him missing to family. Either he had expressed suicidal ideation previously or there’s more to it than she’s letting on.

Definitely had my doubts on the suicide ruling in this case. I wonder if and when gf moved on after his passing. Not pointing fingers but I know from experience, suicide isn’t something that is easy to recover or move on from. It’s something that lingers and can take a long time to find enough acceptance to allow for healing. JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

Hey everyone,

Read The Rules.

Publicly sleuthing and making accusations against anyone who has not been officially named by LE as a POI/suspect is not allowed. It's fine to respectfully question any perceived discrepancies or indicate that something seems unusual, but blatant insinuations or accusations are a violation of TOS.

It's actually possible to discuss the facts as we know them through MSM and LE without accusing anyone. Thousands of other members are able to do it every day without any problem.

Please post responsibly.

Thank you.

Last edited:
My opinion is he drowned he did not die from the gunshot wound. A 9mm people have been known to be shot in the head and still stand walk etc. So depending on where he was standing when he shot himself will rain a mystery. If the gunshot didn't kill him they could be off from where he actually shot himself that gun he could have thrown it could be anywhere. They only speculated where he went in the water. For all we know he could have shot himself a pretty good ways away from the lake. That gun is on land I guarntee it. He knew it didn't kill him so he jumped in the lake and drownded. I do believe that

My opinion is he drowned he did not die from the gunshot wound. A 9mm people have been known to be shot in the head and still stand walk etc. So depending on where he was standing when he shot himself will rain a mystery. If the gunshot didn't kill him they could be off from where he actually shot himself that gun he could have thrown it could be anywhere. They only speculated where he went in the water. For all we know he could have shot himself a pretty good ways away from the lake. That gun is on land I guarntee it. He knew it didn't kill him so he jumped in the lake and drownded. I do believe that

But if he had succeeded in shooting himself in such a way as to kill himself, wouldn't the gun have been found right next to him anyway? If someone is dead, why would they care about police finding the gun next to them? Doesn't someone think about that before they shoot themselves?

I go with the fact that since the family has been so silent about the case, whatever the reason or however it happened, it must be a suicide.

But it is certainly a strange suicide. He is playing video games and is a little sick, then decides to get up and walk outside in the freezing cold to wherever he went to shoot himself. This place he went was probably the lake his body was found in. From what I know about the case, he went downstairs to grab his gun from its case and left through the downstairs garage door. He left that door open too which was sort of strange to me because I think from pictures I saw he really loved his dog. I thought he would close the door so the possibility of the dog getting out would not happen and to keep the cold air coming in from alerting his girlfriend to the fact that the door was open(and that he was gone). She was in a closed bedroom at the time and he was playing video games on the couch before he left. This is according to what I know of the case from the Disappeared special done on it.

Maybe he was trying to make it appear it was not a suicide? A possible conclusion I came up with is maybe he had some type of terminal sickness he did not want anyone to know about and chose this incredibly strange way to commit suicide to try to cover up committing suicide.

How the human mind works is a big mystery sometimes.

But if he had succeeded in shooting himself in such a way as to kill himself, wouldn't the gun have been found right next to him anyway? If someone is dead, why would they care about police finding the gun next to them? Doesn't someone think about that before they shoot themselves?

I go with the fact that since the family has been so silent about the case, whatever the reason or however it happened, it must be a suicide.

But it is certainly a strange suicide. He is playing video games and is a little sick, then decides to get up and walk outside in the freezing cold to wherever he went to shoot himself. This place he went was probably the lake his body was found in. From what I know about the case, he went downstairs to grab his gun from its case and left through the downstairs garage door. He left that door open too which was sort of strange to me because I think from pictures I saw he really loved his dog. I thought he would close the door so the possibility of the dog getting out would not happen and to keep the cold air coming in from alerting his girlfriend to the fact that the door was open(and that he was gone). She was in a closed bedroom at the time and he was playing video games on the couch before he left. This is according to what I know of the case from the Disappeared special done on it.

Maybe he was trying to make it appear it was not a suicide? A possible conclusion I came up with is maybe he had some type of terminal sickness he did not want anyone to know about and chose this incredibly strange way to commit suicide to try to cover up committing suicide.

How the human mind works is a big mystery sometimes.
I watched disappeared again and makes me wonder if maybe he was taking sinus meds they make some people depressed. Clearly he had a adrenal rush to walk straight to the location without a jacket in the cold. Because he had a jacket on when he went to the store at 930. Makes me wonder if he pulled the trigger as he jumped in the water. I think that jumping in the lake was a failsafe just in case the bullet didn't kill him. Sad he seemed like a good guy and had it together. Guess we will never know why.

Just rewatched the disappeared show. The girlfriend is not acting like most do. We are all different and react differently, but she is way off. More defensive than concerned..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back