GUILTY GA - Laila Daniel, 2, beaten to death, McDonough, 17 Nov 2015 *foster parents arrested*

I am glad the jury saw right thru these two and found them guilty of the appropriate charges. It had to be difficult going thru 49 charges one by one. I think this was a very thorough jury.

I love how the judge admonished the defendants family at the end. It seemed he had to stop himself before he said too much.

RIP Laila!
Grow up to be a beautiful young women Millie!

I'm so pleased Corinne Mull does not get to add this as a success story to her CV. She was almost frenzied with her repeated motions for mistrial during deliberations with all the media and public attention this case was receiving. Thousands were watching live last night. I like to think the judge was also addressing her after her sentencing pleas about this not being the most egregious of crimes and no evidence Joseph knew.

I'm so pleased Corinne Mull does not get to add this as a success story to her CV. She was almost frenzied with her repeated motions for mistrial during deliberations with all the media and public attention this case was receiving. Thousands were watching live last night. I like to think the judge was also addressing her after her sentencing pleas about this not being the most egregious of crimes and no evidence Joseph knew.

I can't believe she asked the judge if they could be out on bond during the appeal process. Worst attorney ever.

Thank you Tortoise for all that you typed up to help us understand the charges and everything else! Very much appreciated!
One last little transcript. These were the judge's words directly after sentencing:

Let me just also add that it is deeply frustrating for the court to hear family members of the defendants quarrel with the verdict that was rendered in this case. This case was carefully tried and I’m deeply concerned of the lack of recognition on behalf of the defendants’ families, of the scope of the tragedy and of the cause of the tragedy. I’ve lived with this case for a long time too, and I will tell you that it is one of the worst, most horrible crimes, outcomes, that anyone could ever experience or dream of experiencing. And so I just want to say [looking at gallery where Tessa was seated] that I feel for and am deeply pained by your loss and I hope that you will somehow find a way to recover.

Brave MH & her family deserve privacy.

Anyone think of a way we can insure that these folks have everything they need going forward?

(Suppose I could Google for the DCFS office named....)

Blessings, Sweetie, you are one brave woman!

One last little transcript. These were the judge's words directly after sentencing:

Let me just also add that it is deeply frustrating for the court to hear family members of the defendants quarrel with the verdict that was rendered in this case. This case was carefully tried and I’m deeply concerned of the lack of recognition on behalf of the defendants’ families, of the scope of the tragedy and of the cause of the tragedy. I’ve lived with this case for a long time too, and I will tell you that it is one of the worst, most horrible crimes, outcomes, that anyone could ever experience or dream of experiencing. And so I just want to say [looking at gallery where Tessa was seated] that I feel for and am deeply pained by your loss and I hope that you will somehow find a way to recover.

How Jennifer and Josephs family and friends could deny abuse is unbelievable. Just look at the photos of our baby and how she deteriorated is such a short time. How could they ignore her hair falling out and her becoming skeletal? Horrible people.

Thank you so much, Tortoise!
Let me give you a hug:)
One could see, the judge had to hold himself back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora
Back