GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, very uncomfortable. There was a huge amount of finger print dust all over that tub. Some investigator spent a lot of time up close to that tub. How could that have been missed?!

I bet they are going to run into problems at trial because of all the in-and-out activity at the crime scene. How can they prove those scratches were there at the time that Lauren's body was discovered? It's not just this time either.

I watched 13WMAZ's news last night and I didn't hear any mention of that.

Thanks. I think the commenter was misinformed, but it's not surprising based on what I've read I've there.

I'm so glad I found WS and people who can carry on an intelligent, factual discussion. :)

Yes, very uncomfortable. There was a huge amount of finger print dust all over that tub. Some investigator spent a lot of time up close to that tub. How could that have been missed?!

Just to throw another possible explanation... It is a possibility that the tub is being removed to be presented during trial and that the marks on the tub were noticed earlier but not announced as most of the evidence is still being withheld from the public. It would be hard for me to believe that someone would be dusting for fingerprints and not see the markings which I assume would be very noticeable based on the reporters description.

It IS interesting that the tub is being removed such a short time after it was mentioned publicly by the reporter though...

Just to throw another possible explanation... It is a possibility that the tub is being removed to be presented during trial and that the marks on the tub were noticed earlier but not announced as most of the evidence is still being withheld from the public. It would be hard for me to believe that someone would be dusting for fingerprints and not see the markings which I assume would be very noticeable based on the reporters description.

It IS interesting that the tub is being removed such a short time after it was mentioned publicly by the reporter though...

I think that if the marks had been noticed previously they would have taken the tub prior to releasing the apartment back to BB. Back when they were taking drains, drain traps, refrigerators and other items.

This is pure speculation, but Wondergirl has me thinking now. Maybe having Lauren appear to be a mysteriously vanished person was just the first part of his plan, such as it was. McD had to realize eventually -- within a couple weeks, at the very most -- it would be assumed Lauren was a murder victim, not just a missing person. So then a closer examination for any clue as to her killer would begin.

A few weeks later on, an investigator looking into Lauren's disappearance would certainly note the coincidence of the maintenance man leaving his job at roughly the same time she went missing. Then maybe they would start inspecting areas the maintenance man had access to, just to see what they could find. Anything remotely suspicious would have been examined -- likely including a hacksaw. If Lauren had been gone with no trace for two or three weeks, and then a hacksaw with Lauren's DNA on it turns up in the shed, things would not have been looking very good at all for that maintenance man.

I had been assuming all along Stephen was acting out of desperation, that the killing happened in some horrible moment of unexpected opportunity, and then he frantically did whatever he could to cover it up and just make it go away. I still sort of think that's the case, mostly. But... maybe not. Maybe it was more malicious and less out of desperation than I wanted to believe.

It will be interesting to see if your theory is substantiated in the details McD provided when he commented that he could get away with murder...

The warrant for the murder charge against Stephen McDaniel, obtained in full Thursday by 13WMAZ, says McDaniel "has previously commented that he could commit murder and provided details of methods to avoid detection which are similar to the facts and circumstances surrounding the killing of Lauren Giddings."

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/138592/175/Warrant-McDaniel-Said-He-Could-Get-Away-With-Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund