GA GA - McDonough, WhtFemale Skeletal 231UFGA, 18-40, off I-75, Nov'73

Well, hello there. This is Stephanie, Gloria Jean's daughter. I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for having an interest in this case! I have looked at the comparison, and I too felt very strongly about the resemblance. It appears as though you might have contact Detective Potts and have not heard back. I will attempt to reach him myself. He can at least talk to the right person about having my DNA compared against the Jane Doe.

Well, hello there. This is Stephanie, Gloria Jean's daughter. I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for having an interest in this case! I have looked at the comparison, and I too felt very strongly about the resemblance. It appears as though you might have contact Detective Potts and have not heard back. I will attempt to reach him myself. He can at least talk to the right person about having my DNA compared against the Jane Doe.

Oh hello Stephanie!!! I was hoping you'd post. It's a pleasure for us to help you & others like you. I'm pleased that you agree with our initial assessments, too!

I actually contacted the UID's caseworker, Dawn Strohmeyer at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and I am assuming that she has been in contact with Det Potts, as I gave her the link to the Charley Project page about Gloria Jean. I've not heard back from Ms Strohmeyer, even after chasing it up, so yes, perhaps if you could contact Det Potts, that would be great. Perhaps between the 2 of us, we'll get an answer.

Blessings to you, Stephanie...one way or another, we'll find out what happened to your mother xox

Just bumping...I haven't heard a peep.

I was wondering if you heard anything, Stephanie?

Thinking of you & hope you are well!

No, I haven't heard anything from Det. Potts. I sent him an e-mail. I'm also sad to say that the website I created is no longer working. It's a long story, but it seems I have to re-create the darned thing. grrrrrrr Meanwhile, Gloria has a little following on Facebook. Search for 'where is gloria jean'. I'm so distraught about the website. There was so much work there, but it's all in my file. I've asked that people on the facebook site visit websleuths for more information.

No, I haven't heard anything from Det. Potts. I sent him an e-mail. I'm also sad to say that the website I created is no longer working. It's a long story, but it seems I have to re-create the darned thing. grrrrrrr Meanwhile, Gloria has a little following on Facebook. Search for 'where is gloria jean'. I'm so distraught about the website. There was so much work there, but it's all in my file. I've asked that people on the facebook site visit websleuths for more information.

Hiya--oh dear...that's awful :( I am so sorry to hear that. I am on FB & will join...

I still haven't heard back...I was sort of leaving it, as other things have been going on & also wasn't sure if you had heard anything.

Again, I am so sorry about your website. That is so very distressing, as if you don't have enough going on. Do take care...am going to my FB NOW to join your group.

Heard from Detective Potts today. No one has contacted him from any agency. :(

I tried to contact the Henry County Police Department concerning the Jane Doe on Doe Network, Case File 231UFGA. It's a fax number (ugh). I left a message with an Investigator I've worked with in the past on this case, who works for a Medical Examiners Office there in Georgia. She's incredible; so, hopefully, she will get something rolling here. Oh, I call the PD, and their phone line rings off the hook..... strange.

how frustrating!!! I can't believe no one contacted him :banghead:

*fingers crossed* your contact at the medical examiner's office can help. Let me know if you want me to try emailing the GBI again.

Oh I so hope this is a match for you.. so heart warming to know a person is back home with family to rest in peace...

So glad you heard back...

pray for more updates on her..

There was a detective at the GBI, who was all over this in the past, and within a few days, I never heard from him again..... That was a few years ago. I would e-mail him once in a while, and no response. As an investigator myself, I know how you can get wrapped up in other things if something isn't a slam dunk.... This one isn't an easy one. I even found a person Gloria was married to after she and my father divorced (Johnny Clyde Goodman). Sadly, he died. I found Johnny's brother, who told me that he was not close to his brother, as their parents divorced, and each one stayed with a different parent. grrrr He recalled Gloria, but only met her a handful of times. He told me that his sister (Jackie Goodman) was the last one to see Gloria at a party, and that Gloria left with three men. My estimations indicate that she was a young teenager at this party. How she could remember a detail like that after over 40 years is beyond me....Gloria and her brother had separated by that point, after only 10 days of being married (according to a divorce decree I found). The party was 7 months later. Anyway, the brother won't tell me how to reach his sister, and his sister won't talk. He has since shut the door, and won't answer any questions. So unless the GBI actually gets involved, and asked the questions, I don't think we will really know anything about the last day she was seen alive. I would like to know where that party took place (I think it was in someone's home in East Point, GA or Atlanta, GA). I would like to know who those three men were (had to be friend's of the family I'm thinking). My grandmother handed over an envelope that had been turned over to her from the military (Gloria's affects after going "AWOL." On this envelope Gloria had written that she loved Toney Adams. She also had other names written on this envelope. I believe I have mentioned those names here on Websleuth. She lived with a person named Ruth Adams before she went into the military. Ruth was widowed at the time, and I'm assuming she has passed away. Ancestry.com does not list good vital records for Georgia. I'm assuming that Toney Adams is related to Ruth. Can't find him, or any of the others on her list. So, the long and the short of this is, the GBI will have the resources to look into all of the research that has been done, and could be the ones to ask questions.

I could not find the UID in Namus but she is still listed at the GBI website as unidentified. it must be beyond frustrating for family to contact the authorities about a missing loved one and get no definitive word.

This is a very good match! I wish someone would seriously look into it. :banghead::banghead:

Here are two more photos of Gloria from the 1964 Glynn Academy (Brunswick GA) yearbook.

2383499480045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2540265440045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Gloria's daughter was driving this possible match. But I don't know if it was ever resolved.

coincidently, this morning I queried Macon & Henry Co PD, whether Carlene Tengelsen had been considered a possible match for this UID.

I apologize, I realize this comment came from '09 evidently. But I'll ask. Any response from those folks?

Hi. Gloria's daughter (Stephanie) here. I am sorry I have been out of touch. So much has been going on (got married, bought a house, changed jobs, etc. etc. etc.) I will never stop searching for answers in this case and need to thank all of you for hanging in there with (and without me as of late). I will be on more often now that life has calmed down somewhat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back