Identified! GA - Newton, WhtFem 522UFGA, 25-30, red white & blue bandanna, May'85 Mary Anga "Angie" Cowan

Here's another one that stuck out...I know there's no mention of a tattoo on the butt, but the grainy pic resembles our gal (or maybe I just want it to...)!!

Sharon Anne Harrer

The Doe Network:
Case File 2874DFFL

Sharon Anne Harrer
Missing since November 26, 1979 from St. Petersburg, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 20, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: White female. Blond hair; blue eyes.
Distinguishing Characteristics: 5'4"; 98 lbs.
Marks, Scars: Tattoo on buttocks.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Harper was last seen in on November 26, 1979 at DJ's Pioneer Club in Madeira Beach.

She got into a Cadillac with a man who called himself Robert Crawford. They were never seen again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

St Petersburg Police Department

Agency Case Number: 1979-116061

Source Information:
FDLE

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2874dffl.html
any8e3yq.jpg

WOW yes that is a good look alike in my opinion. I have been looking for that narrow face and she has it!! I don't know about the tattoo though hmmm, and what about hair and eyes?? I can't find that for some reason ... or am I just missing it.

WOW yes that is a good look alike in my opinion. I have been looking for that narrow face and she has it!! I don't know about the tattoo though hmmm, and what about hair and eyes?? I can't find that for some reason ... or am I just missing it.

Blonde hair, blue eyes. Matches with our Jane Doe. Face shape too though I wonder if JD's "natural" face shape is narrow/gaunt or if that is a result of her transient/under fed lifestyle.

Blonde hair, blue eyes. Matches with our Jane Doe. Face shape too though I wonder if JD's "natural" face shape is narrow/gaunt or if that is a result of her transient/under fed lifestyle.

True. I wonder if we could be headed in a wrong direction with that? Wonder what she would look like if filled out a bit in the face and healthier looking?
Carlk ?

Good idea! I will email them and the coroner (to try and talk to him about NAMUS) tomorrow morning...I have homework at the moment. So is that how the DNA gets run then, through NAMUS? And is it an automatic thing that gets done every so often or does someone have to request a DNA search for certain cases? Just curious.

ETA:
I am posting a link in the Crimes in the News thread, please read it and be on the look out for the man!! Thanks!!

From what I understand the DNA is run through CODIS and it is compared automatically. If LE or ME find a particular possible match, they may compare it manually.

Here's another one that stuck out...I know there's no mention of a tattoo on the butt, but the grainy pic resembles our gal (or maybe I just want it to...)!!

Sharon Anne Harrer

The Doe Network:
Case File 2874DFFL

Sharon Anne Harrer
Missing since November 26, 1979 from St. Petersburg, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 20, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: White female. Blond hair; blue eyes.
Distinguishing Characteristics: 5'4"; 98 lbs.
Marks, Scars: Tattoo on buttocks.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Harper was last seen in on November 26, 1979 at DJ's Pioneer Club in Madeira Beach.

She got into a Cadillac with a man who called himself Robert Crawford. They were never seen again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

St Petersburg Police Department

Agency Case Number: 1979-116061

Source Information:
FDLE

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2874dffl.html
any8e3yq.jpg

She does look like our Jane. Wonder why she is NOT on NamUs? She is on St. Petersburgh Police Missing Persons site:

http://www.stpete.org/police/publicinterest/missing-persons.html

Some of the GBI division addresses & phone numbers have not been updated on Namus & Doe. Potential matches may be submitted online via GBI website:
http://gbi.georgia.gov/webform/submit-tips-online

To our guests viewing this topic, please join in the discussion. Registration is quick. easy & free!

Another possibility- Melinda Karen Creech
Missing from Indiana Sept 4, 1979- age 13
Melinda had a history of running away and had previously been placed in a juvenile facility. Blue eyes, blonde /brown hair, 5 ft 1 inch-5 ft 3 in at time of disappearance.
In 1985, she would have been aged about 19. She went by "Mindy" but also used the false middle name of "Dawn". Her siblings are still searching for her.
Melinda's information:
NCMEC 1036765.
Doe Network 1297DFIN
NAMUS MP 5308
Her photos bear a strong facial resemblance to the Georgia UID. I know she is younger than the presumed age of the UID, but living on the streets may have made her look older than actuality.

Lunar asked me to drop in-wow you guys have done a phenomenal amount of work on this Jane Doe!!

There are a few alternate approaches we can take here, but first and foremost I think there should be agreement on a single match or whittled down match list.

In my experience fwiw coroners don't usually investigate cases like this one beyond the basic attempts by LE at identification. Fortunately for Jane, the coroner here has her case in the fore front of his mind. But in my experience, he probably isn't staffed to chase these matches and LE is focusing on more current cases.

When you hit a case this old, possible matches have a lot of paper data sitting in files that are off site from the jurisdiction. For example, fingerprints are on fingerprint cards. Dental records are xrays sitting in a file and the notes are handwritten.

A lot of the time, we can do some of the legwork regarding our favorite matches and reduce the number of possibles we are sending to the coroner/GBI.

Refresh me-there are dentals, DNA and fingerprints available for Jane...is that correct?

another possibility- melinda karen creech
missing from indiana sept 4, 1979- age 13
melinda had a history of running away and had previously been placed in a juvenile facility. Blue eyes, blonde /brown hair, 5 ft 1 inch-5 ft 3 in at time of disappearance.
In 1985, she would have been aged about 19. She went by "mindy" but also used the false middle name of "dawn". Her siblings are still searching for her.
Melinda's information:
Ncmec 1036765.
Doe network 1297dfin
namus mp 5308
her photos bear a strong facial resemblance to the georgia uid. I know she is younger than the presumed age of the uid, but living on the streets may have made her look older than actuality.

picture of melinda

Attachments

• MELINDA CREECH.jpg
    MELINDA CREECH.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 59
Lunar asked me to drop in-wow you guys have done a phenomenal amount of work on this Jane Doe!!

There are a few alternate approaches we can take here, but first and foremost I think there should be agreement on a single match or whittled down match list.

In my experience fwiw coroners don't usually investigate cases like this one beyond the basic attempts by LE at identification. Fortunately for Jane, the coroner here has her case in the fore front of his mind. But in my experience, he probably isn't staffed to chase these matches and LE is focusing on more current cases.

When you hit a case this old, possible matches have a lot of paper data sitting in files that are off site from the jurisdiction. For example, fingerprints are on fingerprint cards. Dental records are xrays sitting in a file and the notes are handwritten.

A lot of the time, we can do some of the legwork regarding our favorite matches and reduce the number of possibles we are sending to the coroner/GBI.

Refresh me-there are dentals, DNA and fingerprints available for Jane...is that correct?

THANK YOU!! I totally agree we should dwindle a really strong list down and then go from there. I don't have Jane's info in from of me at the moment but I know we have DNA and fingerprints. One thing is I wish we had a rule out list as the coroner has told me that 5-6 have been ruled out. I feel bad submitting ones that have already been ruled out but I guess we have no other option. Do you suggest like 2 or three and no more? Should we contact GA (who never gets back to us) or the jurisdiction of the person we wish to submit? How can we get this Jane back on NAMUS? Sorry for all of the questions but the lack of official response on this one has been hindering us and I really think we can help with this young lady! Thank you so much for helping!!

Thank you for posting Melinda's picture-I am still new at this and haven't figured out how to post photos with Windows 8.1 yet. I thought about the nose shape also, but the photo was taken when she was probably 10 or 11, and facial features change in the teen years.
One of her siblings posted an Internet letter in 2007 saying her family is still searching for her.

Someone suggested Winnie Kersey. I agree the facial resemblance is stunning, but Winnie is listed as 5' 9"- she seems too tall to me. I thought that our JD was between 5'1"-5'3".

A few questions: do MEs only work on MP cases when they have an extra couple of minutes or do they set aside time each month to run DNA tests, check dentals, etc? Do ME offices use medical students from nearby medical schools (if med school is nearby) to run comparisons as part of their medical school experience?

If someone called Georgia, would the ME be allowed to give out the names of the 5 or 6 people who have been ruled out over the phone?

Here's another side by side with Sharon Harrer. The second one has my attempt to check spacing of the features using guidelines. Hard to tell whether the scale is exactly right with the ventilator and with the quality of the file photo.
5jJE6bF.png

4BeSBb0.png

Could have shifted the one on the right up a bit, I guess... alignment looks not bad between the two?

I think Sharon should absolutely be on the list of 3 or 4 "possibles" submitted to the coroner.

sharon's eyebrows appear light in her picture too, the scale looks good, it really could be her, and it really isnt that far north compared to where she was last seen.

If Sharon "ran away" she could have been in Panama City for awhile, or anywhere in the radius of Newton Ga, I have attached a map view from St. Pete to where the Jane Doe was found.

Also, I attached a layover of sharons face over Jane Doe's Let me know what you think?

Attachments

• janeDoe.jpg
    janeDoe.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 53
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 24
Its really amazing, even when I layover the sketch to sharons image, it appears to be such a close match
the FDLE page for her states that her eyes are blue, and hair is strawberry blonde, or blonde.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back