Identified! GA - Newton, WhtFem 522UFGA, 25-30, red white & blue bandanna, May'85 Mary Anga "Angie" Cowan

Did Ancestry list Christine's maiden name? I'd like to search Classmates for a yearbook photo of her. If she isn't this UID, she also fits the profile for another UID talked about here. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40973

No. The marriage record doesn't even mention the name of the husband. It only says that she was married in Orange County FL on 03-Nov-80.

I couldn't find anything on her husband, or whether Huyer is her maiden name or married name.

There is a JJ. Huyer (male) who was born in 1924 and lived in Orlando, and there was a TM Huyer (female) who was born in 1929 and died in 1991.

There is also a TM. Huyer (Same name as TM Huyer above) who was born in 1961 and also lived in Orlando.

I am guessing that Huyer is her maiden name, as there aren't any male Huyers who are close to her age listed in Orange County. Also, the 1979 Bowling Green KY newspaper article reporting her guilty plea predates her wedding date.

Christine Huyer's DoeNet file says in the Circumstances of Disappearance:

Ms. Huyer had last contact on July 3, 1982; FL0480000

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3225dffl.html

This might be one of those cases where the DLC is actually the MP Report date.

I just got done adding all the NamUs MP cases to my spreadsheet (that weren't already there), and there are way too many instances where the Date LKA (i.e., Last Known Alive) is the report date, and not the actual date of last contact. I'd say that 10% to 15% of all NamUs cases have an incorrect Date LKA.

There is also a TM. Huyer (Same name as TM Huyer above) who was born in 1961 and also lived in Orlando.

The younger TM Huyer went to West Orange High School in Winter Garden Florida, Class of 1979.

The 1978 West Orange HS yearbook is in Classmates.

Christine should be from Class of 1978. She was born around 1960 based on the age and DLC indicated in NamUs. But neither Christine's photo nor TM Huyer's photo are in that book.

I am guessing that Huyer is her maiden name, as there aren't any male Huyers who are close to her age listed in Orange County. Also, the 1979 Bowling Green KY newspaper article reporting her guilty plea predates her wedding date.

Thanks Carl! She must have never went through the name change process after marriage. I don't think it would hurt to submit her for this UID...AND the refrigerator Jane Doe nonetheless. The stats are very very good either way.

Huyer was her maiden name.

her husband's initials are M.S.H. he remarried 10 years later.

it looks like he applied for another marriage license in 2010 to wife #3.

I find it very odd that she was found with a pillow on her person...I wonder if she was perhaps homeless or something to that effect? That could also explain why she had pants that had someone else's name in them...perhaps there were donated?

I find it very odd that she was found with a pillow on her person...I wonder if she was perhaps homeless or something to that effect? That could also explain why she had pants that had someone else's name in them...perhaps there were donated?

I have a suspicion that she was homeless or a transient (maybe both). As far as the pants, I know I write my kids names on the inside labels of their shirts and pants...but that is so nobody else from school and daycare mixes them up when there are activities that require a change of clothes. I never understood why adults would do this...but it is known to happen. Not impossible to believe the pants in this case were donated.

I thought that this could be because she was traveling from one place to another (probably via hitchhiking). Sometimes on long trips in my own car, I have taken a pillow with me (like going from California to New Mexico and back). Probably whoever killed her dumped her pillow when they dumped her body.

Wow! I'm glad I brought this case back up. No surprise you have heard nothing from Baker County, they did a story recently on the local news about different unidentified victims in our region, one was a man in Crisp County. This case was not featured, however, to my disappointment. Baker County is nothing but a big mess though, with very high crime rate, and very rural settings. Everything's underfunded, from the school system to health care. It's no surprise our neighbor, Baker County, was listed as highest AIDS rate in the state. But that's enough of a rant...back to Newton Jane Doe...

I just feel like she would HAVE to be a transient, no other option. This area is sooo rural so somebody would talk and there aren't many whites in this area. Aside from that, I was also looking at the year and I noticed this was also during the same time that the redhead murders were taking place. Highway 91 is heavily trafficked by truckers, although it is rural. And I can just see it in my head, Jane Doe hitch-hiking, probably off of I-10, and riding with this trucker, he kills her, and throws her out with her pillow.

Newton is not very far at all from Donalsonville, where the Alday murders took place. The connection was I-10 in those murders too.

I believe they found her in a coma though, not "dead". I wonder if she died at the scene or if she was taken to a hospital.

Szabo looks like a good possibility physically, but the age is a little bit off. Newton Jane Doe was described as being younger, although Brenda did have a younger-looking appearance. I'd like to see a photo of Huyer.

It's a shame they can't go ahead and rule Billie Jean Hall out. They have the DNA. The match could be sitting there all along and if it's been suggested so many times, why don't they go ahead and take action? Given the circumstances and physical description, I just can't get away from the fact it could be her.

As far as the pants, I looked on Ancestry.com (what I can see of it without a subscription). There is an Allison X. Milles that lived/lives in NY and an Allison E. Milles that lived/lives in Ohio/Pennsylvania area. Perhaps someone with Ancestry can look into it a little more....perhaps it could shed some light on where this Doe came from. Could they have been friends at one time? Or could Allison Milles have sold these pants at a garage sale or to a resale shop where the Doe later purchased them? Either way, I think that at some point, they would have had to be near each other geographically.

the NY Allison Milles is approx 40 years old so in 1985 she would have been about 13 y.o. I would think that the clothing for this Jane Doe would not work for a 13 y.o.

which brings us to the other Allison Milles from OH/PA. she is about 56 years old which would have made her about 29 y.o. in 1985. it would appear if we are talking about a universe of just two possible Allison Milles, then this latter one is the source of the jeans with the name in it. I would note it said laundry tag with name so I am not sure that anyone wrote the name on the jeans themselves but who knows? my hunch is that the jeans were either stolen or donated.

per Ancestry, the older Allison had connections to Loveland, OH, Langhorne, PA and Aurora, CO over the years and that she showed up in public records well after this Jane Doe died in GA. Loveland is a suburb of Cincinnati.

while I cannot pinpoint dates and locations with precision, my best guess is that this UID passed through the Cincinnati area in the early to mid 1980's and somehow got her hands on the jeans. so if there are any missing persons from that general area, there is some possible connection despite the distance to Baker Co., GA.

here is a missing person not discussed before, Lilli M. Dunn, missing from Michigan in 1980. she is a little older than the estimate for the UID as she would have been about 35 in 1985. the facial shape is not a bad match and keep in mind Lilli's photo is from her HS yearbook in 1969. (makes you wonder that no one in her family had any photographs of her between 1969 and when she disappeared 16 years later?)

Lilli had blonde hair, blue eyes, was 5'1" and weighed 100 lbs.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14247/24/

If the UID was truly named Allison Milles, and it was the Allison Milles from Ohio, the geographics could have added up. Doesn't I-75 run through Cinncinnati? Oh the possibilities! I guess I need to stop making my head into a map. Somebody could end up dead, anywhere, anytime, if they hit the road hitch-hiking. But Baker County of all places? Baker County?! I'm just convinced it had to be a truck driver who killed the UID because only truckers pass through the area, besides locals. It's a very isolated area.

They had questioned a trucker from PA about the redhead murders, but I don't know if they ever named him officially as the killer. Another theory I will put out there: Elkins picked up Allison Milles in Ohio, let her ride with him, she may have said she was going to Florida, or even California. I-10 is such a long stretch of interstate...it just has to be the link here. He kills her, en route to I-10. They never said he killed anyone this far south, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have happened.

I can't really get my mind away from Billie Jean Hall, I wish they'd go ahead and attempt to make a match, already!

I want to say Lilli Dunn is a good match, but if she truly was killed by Carl Eugene Watts like the Charley Project suggests, she probably would not have ended up in Georgia. And yes it does make you wonder why there were no pictures, haha, I guess some people just weren't big on taking pictures.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the UID is really Allison Milles. somehow the UID got a hold of pants that had a laundry tag with Allison's name on it.

I want to say Lilli Dunn is a good match, but if she truly was killed by Carl Eugene Watts like the Charley Project suggests, she probably would not have ended up in Georgia. And yes it does make you wonder why there were no pictures, haha, I guess some people just weren't big on taking pictures.

this is what happens when I neglect to check all available sources - Namus, Charley, Nampn and Doe Network. had I read the Charley Project profile I would not have suggested Lilli. when someone is abducted kicking and screaming, it is not likely they made it half way across the country and then killed elsewhere.

I know it can't be her but Carl's reconstruction reminds me a lot of Lisa White.

2685903380045078242S425x425Q85.jpgwhite_lisa2.jpg

Wow! As far as I can tell, it does add up, Lisa White and Jane Doe. Vital statistics and circumstances. You never know, she could have still been alive, hitch hiking 10 years later. The only thing that throws me off with the reconstructions done by Carl and the one on the GBI website, is Jane Doe's eye shape. In Carl's her eyes are round and wide, while the GBI one the illustrator drew hers more slanted. In fact in the GBI illustration, she looks like one of my close friends. On the Baker County site, they also did her eyes with a bit of a slant. But when you look at the post mortem photo, I am thinking the same as Carl that she had more wide eyes. It's hard to tell, a person's eye shape can really vary at different points. One day they may look slanted or almond, the next day round.

I had the strangest dream last night about Jane Doe, which is something that's never happened. Over the past couple years, I've enjoyed sleuthing and this case is one I've thought the most about, since it's in my area, but maybe I need to back away for a while. I'm just afraid I will miss something. :)

Something to consider...if Jane Doe was homeless a long time, years, it's possible she was never even reported missing. Or if she was ever reported missing, it could have been when she a was much younger teen. It doesn't seem like a young, skinny as in frail woman would survive on the streets long, no matter how tough she is. Maybe this isn't someone who wandered for years. I know I'm stating the obvious but just thinking.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back