GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot in Wendy’s car park, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 *officer charged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too wish that we knew more about the reasons given for the officers firing and the chief quitting.

He was trying to get away from the officers, why, i dont know. I’ve done somethings i wished I had not. The officer gets to go home to his family, Mr. Brooks does not.
I would rather see the officer go home to his family. The criminal made the decision to grab the taser, he could have tased the officer and grabbed his gun.

Because if they didn’t lawlessness would prevail and Atlanta would have burned like it did during the civil war.
I would qualify that as a guess not a fact unless you can cite your source? You could be right of course.

I would rather see the officer go home to his family. The criminal made the decision to grab the taser, he could have tased the officer and grabbed his gun.
I don’t think you can call Mr. Brooks a criminal here, was he an escaped convict? He had not even been formally charged or had his day in court. You do believe in the constitution?

I too wish that we knew more about the reasons given for the officers firing and the chief quitting.
She is still employed in another role though.
Has the prosecutor indicated any charges pending?

if you fight with cops, steal their tazer, point AND fire it at them ABSOLUTELY!!
I’d love to talk about what you think they should have done. I’d like to add your opinion to the conversation. Thanks

Just from what I'm aware of so far, I feel they were justified. You've got a guy who was difficult to rouse in a drive up lane, appearing to be under the influence of something, resisting arrest, stealing a taser, and fleeing. As far as I know, fast food restaurants aren't in the middle of large fields. He could have tased anyone. If he wasn't properly trained he could have done serious damage with that thing. Can you imagine getting tased in the eye? Around here, EMTs have to remove the barbs, LE cannot. So, yes. So much potential danger. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK