GUILTY GA - Samantha Davis for child abuse, Stockbridge, 2004

If she cut off part of his tongue with heated scissors, the poor little boy was probably afraid of what she might do to him if he didn't sign. If the Dad was really not wanting her to be in jail, he may have "strongly encouraged" the boy to sign. I don't care how many times he says it, she is not a good person. A good person doesn't do something like this.

Bobbisangel said:
For God's sake, did they really think a little boy like that was mature enough to sign an affidavit....and that he really didn't want his mother prosecuted. What the heck? So what if they had a hard time getting the mom and dad into court...that is what arrest warrents are for and supeona's for pity sake.
Sounds like some darn court run by a bunch of idiots.
It's an interesting phenomenon that, no matter the abuse suffered, children don't want their parents to go away or be taken from them. Given the choice between an abusive mom and a loving but unknown foster home, a young child will pick his mom every single time. The mother/child bond is amazing.

I see it with my own boys. I'm not an abusive parent, but I have certainly been known to get angry and raise my voice and punish my children. It doesn't matter HOW mad they are at me for something I've done or taken away or tears I have caused them to cry, 5-10 minutes later they are all over me telling me they love me.

So, of course, the Court should take this little boy's Affidavit with an enormous grain of salt. I have a six year old boy and I know he couldn't understand the concept of an Affidavit. I'm sure someone told this little boy, "if you sign this piece of paper, Mommy won't be in trouble anymore."

I'm with the poster who said if you have to go to classes to be taught not to cut off pieces of your child's tongue, you're not fit to raise a Cabbage Patch Kid.

November 2014:

A judge has denied bond for a couple accused of hiding a child missing for four years behind a fake wall in their Clayton County home, according to a report from Channel 2 Action News.

The boy’s father Gregory Jean, 37, and 42-year-old Samantha Joy Davis, had their initial court appearance this morning following their arrests Saturday on charges of false imprisonment, obstruction and cruelty to children...

On Sunday, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution learned that this might not be the first instance of child abuse involving Davis.
In 2004, Henry County authorities accused a woman named Samantha J. Davis of heating kitchen shears over a stove and burning and cutting the tip of her then 6-year-old son’s tongue...

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/couple-in-bizarre-clayton-kidnapping-case-denied-b/njH86/

November 2014:

The woman accused of helping to hide her stepson for four years against his will is on probation for punishing her biological son by cutting his tongue with a pair of hot scissors in 2004, court records show...

The case began to unravel Friday when Clayton County police received word that a child was being held against his will at the couple's Duke Court home in Jonesboro. At that time, the couple denied knowing the whereabouts of the boy.

The 13-year-old's biological mother had reported the child missing to child services four years ago, but she told authorities that because she is not from the United States, she did not know the proper procedures for reporting a missing child or that she should have contacted police...

In court on Sunday, a judge revealed that Davis allegedly hit the boy on his buttocks and legs with a stick.

http://apmobile.worldnow.com/story/...now-accused-in-missing-child-case?config=H264

So the 13 year old boy managed to contact his mother, who told the police that her son was being held against his will and gave them the address. Police went to the house to check it out, and:

November 2014:

Police say the boy's father and the man's wife stonewalled them. "They denied knowing the child existed. They denied knowing the child was in the residence. They had no idea who the child was or why we were there," Sgt. Southerland said....

After police left following the first visit, the incident report says the boy "was thrown down the stairs and punched several times... (causing) bleeding and lacerations around his mouth." The report says the boy was assaulted by a juvenile in the house at the direction of the boy's father, apparently in retribution for contacting his mother. Three teenagers, the children of Samantha Joy Davis, were also arrested Saturday morning.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...ear-old-boy-pulled-from-secret-wall/19746201/

Police would not confirm whether any of the teenagers arrested was the child who had their tongue cut in 2006.

They say the child’s mother apparently reported the boy missing to child welfare authorities but not previously to police possibly because she’s an immigrant unfamiliar with the system.

“I think there may be a cultural issue. She thought she was doing the right thing by calling child support recovery to locate him,” Southerland told Fernandes...

Neighbors said they never saw the boy leave this property, even to go to school. But they did see him outside the house, often working in the yard.

A concerned neighbor gave Channel 2 Action News video of the boy up on the roof of the house sweeping. The video was dated Sept. 21.

The neighbor said he was concerned enough about the boy's safety to start recording the video.

Other neighbors said they often saw the teen doing yard work and always under the close eye of a parent.

"I see him during school days outside working in the yard, long hours,” the neighbor said.

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/missing-boy-rescued-after-4-years-clayton-county/njHnB/

If she cut off part of his tongue with heated scissors, the poor little boy was probably afraid of what she might do to him if he didn't sign. If the Dad was really not wanting her to be in jail, he may have "strongly encouraged" the boy to sign. I don't care how many times he says it, she is not a good person. A good person doesn't do something like this.
This is just like domestic violence cases where the husband does violence against the wife- the victim should NOT have a say in whether the perp is prosecuted because they are probably too scared to express their real feelings!!!

This is just like domestic violence cases where the husband does violence against the wife- the victim should NOT have a say in whether the perp is prosecuted because they are probably too scared to express their real feelings!!!

:goodpost:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back