GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Mrs. Dermond be removed from the home, instead of killed like Mr. Dermond?
He was in the garage? Was he trying to flee from the perp?

This makes me wonder if this was just some sort of hit. Why the wife was taken, I do not know. Maybe they or he didn't want to leave a witnesses. But if that's the case, why not just kill her there on the spot? I don't get the vibe that she had anything to do with her husband's murder. I wouldn't expect much of a struggle from folks their age. Not that they couldn't. I agree that the person or persons that did this were known to the victims or created some sort of ruse to get into their house. Do we know what kind of business that the husband and or wife was in? I find this case utterly putrid, abhorrent, and offensive.

Why would Mrs. Dermond be removed from the home, instead of killed like Mr. Dermond?

maybe they could not hurt her but at the same time could not leave her there to ID them.

This makes me wonder if this was just some sort of hit. Why the wife was taken, I do not know. Maybe they or he didn't want to leave a witnesses. But if that's the case, why not just kill her there on the spot? I don't get the vibe that she had anything to do with her husband's murder. I wouldn't expect much of a struggle from folks their age. Not that they couldn't. I agree that the person or persons that did this were known to the victims or created some sort of ruse to get into their house. Do we know what kind of business that the husband and or wife was in? I find this case utterly putrid, abhorrent, and offensive.

Previously Russell had owned several fast food restaurants before he retired.

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/07/3085920/putnam-mans-death-wifes-disappearance.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

maybe they could not hurt her but at the same time could not leave her there to ID them.

And if that is the case, where would she be, and what would they do with her, if they could not hurt her previously? Hold her captive?
IMOO.

Unless she never made it to the home......maybe she was apprehended elsewhere perhaps, and maybe previous to that, she got a ride from someone, so therefore that could be why her car is not missing from home, then perhaps they came after Russell?
IMOO.

i have no idea but we are clear thinking individuals not murderers.

I am wondering if they would hold her captive for ransom? Maybe things went awry?? Her husband is deceased.
Maybe the plans that were in place from the perp changed dramatically.
I don't have the answer either, just coming up with ideas.
IMOO.

He was found in the garage, could he have been coming home and was attacked in the garage, then they went into the house and got her? They didn't break in according to the above articles. Wondering if the keys were found with him/garage. IMO

Where ever she is I bet she doesn't have her meds...and most 87 year olds take medication. Bless her heart.

I don't think law enforcement is sharing enough information for the public to be very helpful.

Since it was mentioned that Shirley has been missing sometime between May 2nd (Friday)and May 4th (Sunday), I am wondering if she was a regular at Lake Oconee Community Church, and she didn't show up for services?
This link mentions her name, so perhaps Shirley was a member of this church?
http://www.locc.co/WorshipFolders/2013/LOCC_Worship_10-20-13.pdf

She could have been a member but that posting was from 2013, if that is what you are mentioning.

Damn. This is gruesome and deplorable. The Lord teaches forgiveness to all, but after these horrible people are caught, whatever happens to them...let's just say I won't lose any sleep over it. People can be so cruel to one another, but there's still more good out there than bad.

o.m.g.

that rules out assisted suicide.

special place in hell for anyone that could do that, but especially to someone who has been around for nearly a century.

just, o.m.g.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the psychological profile of a killer who does that? If so, please post it or a link. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77