GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behavioral profiles are only one investigative tool of many in missing/murdered person's investigations.. Imo, after sizing up the crime scene, Sheriff Sills concluded immediately that this investigation was going to require the additional resources and assistance from the GBI and the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit, Quantico, VA, due to the horrific nature of this evil crime..

Imo, the Dermond abduction/murder/decapitation was a lust murder meticulously carried out by a chameleon like sadistic psychopathic sexual predator, from within the gates. Imo, the perp had a prior or long standing relationship with the Dermonds, and had gained their trust while fantasizing and pre-planning this crime for some time in his deviant mind.
As a well known profiler said of an Oklahoma Pastor's heinous murder, 08/2009; "The Devil will be in the Details'...

Quote by Roger L. Depue - “Between Good and Evil” Author & Retired FBI (BSU)BAU Behavioral Profiler & Founder of The Academy Think Tank;

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.

Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it.
I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance.

But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.

in regards to the italic bold by me:
This is what happened in the SM/LG case exactly, it'll be interesting to see if this what happened here and find out who the perp is

in regards to the bold by you: this is why i don't believe the parents typically have anything to do with their children or young adult children and can't be blamed

certainly parents can be naive and simply overlook things their children do

JMO of course

but FWIW even jeffrey dahmer said in his last interview that he had the urges all his life basically, he tried to suppress and couldn't and couldn't tell anyone his evil fantasies but couldn't stop

Look at btk killer, his wife didnt' even know!

I dont' know, never been involved with or married to a murderer so don't know exactly what you'd look for except for the obvious killing of animals or soemthing but I'm not very naive and suspicious by nature so any one of us here might be onto someone

thanks for the post, sorry for my ramblings, noticed similarity in LG case and your bolded statement

about to catch up on some reading sodont' know if anyone posted anything about theleesburg woman missing ....quote from article:

"Rankin, who may be suffering from the early stages of dementia, took her purse but she left behind her cell phone, teeth, glasses and heart medicine"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_leesburg-police-maj-leesburg-mom-apartment

so dont' think IMO that this is connected if she has dementia or thought to

anyway, traveling south i guess if a serial kiiller, he'/she was heading in that direction but I'd think the Ridgeland and bluffton might be more in line if connected and possibly connected to eatonton RD/SD case
plus he/she'd be working backwards from leesburg back to bluffton or ridgeland

well, i'm home from the lake, had planned to stay thru weekend, not happening, too freaky,

but also wanted to add that I thought that possibly the perp is picking not just ritzy areas of seclusion or just secluded areas but maybe ones with a small time PD, seems the ga/sc ones might be such

http://m.wtoc.com/#!/newsDetail/25516191
Julia Ann Mudgett and Polly Ann Mitchell cases connected.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

If you aren't taught by your father or other relative on how to, there's always youtube. My female cousin up in NC watched many videos to learn how to clean a deer.

O/T:
Oh, I am learning. I have some great teachers - my husband, my best girlfriend and the boys that live down the street.

Thanks, I saw that last night or this morning, will they look into the Dermond case you think for any connections? Probably not connected most seem to think personal in this case I think

I don't know. I heard it was because Ms Mudgett's car was seen in the area. I don't believe they knew each other, but both were deeply religious it seems. Both helped others out.
I am sure they will look at it a little.

Afternoon all. Just checking in to see if there is any new developments. From this last page I just finished reading it looks like nothing new on Mr. or Mrs.

This is a sad and puzzling one! Lots of reading to do.

She wouldn't have known about it on the 4th. They didn't him them until the 8th or 10th I believe.

They found him on May 6th, so you are right that the family would not have known about it on the 4th. There is nothing wrong about her going to the concert and it really should not be discussed here.

WOW! Since I posted the comment below 3 hours ago there has been 2600 views.. A Salute to all the posters and viewers for spreading awareness in the Dermond case.. The internet drives the ms media and creates awareness.
Awareness is the key in missing/murdered persons cases...

This Websleuths thread was started one week ago and now has 70,000 views -
'Awareness is the Key'.. We have to collect the dots before we can connect the dots...

Boardreader Websleuths - Shirley Dermond Websleuths Thread
http://boardreader.com/fp/Websleuths_Crime_Sleuthing_Com_9288/Missing_Forum_Discussion_2026.html

I've noticed that there is very high number of viewers following this thread. Please sign up as a member. Your views are very important to us. Websleuths has been very successful in the past sleuthing and researching missing and murdered persons cases..
Alone we can do little but together we can accomplish anything...quote Helen Keller

Example of a Georgia Missing Person Case where Websleuth Members made a difference;

Families perserverance, social media, Led to Recovery of Missing Athens, GA Woman
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/...-networking-led-recovery-missing-athens-woman

OT shefner, jumping one's bones means something entirely different in my region

:floorlaugh:

I promise to jump no one's bones in this or other threads here.

Is it sexual? Cause here in the NC/SC area, it can mean to get angry enough to beat someone up....or to make a sexual advance upon.

I guess I don't want y'all to jump my bones either way....:drumroll:

Don't jump my bones as I am only making an observation:

Wonder why the kids haven't said something to the media? Even if they themselves did not, they could certainly hire someone. And I think they could probably add to the reward money....

BBM

Shefner, not sure of your location, but where I come from 'jump my bones' has a entirely different meaning. Lol. I can just about guarantee that no one here will jump your bones, as it is physically impossible. Thanks for the big grin on my face. :D

about to catch up on some reading sodont' know if anyone posted anything about theleesburg woman missing ....quote from article:

"Rankin, who may be suffering from the early stages of dementia, took her purse but she left behind her cell phone, teeth, glasses and heart medicine"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_leesburg-police-maj-leesburg-mom-apartment

so dont' think IMO that this is connected if she has dementia or thought to

anyway, traveling south i guess if a serial kiiller, he'/she was heading in that direction but I'd think the Ridgeland and bluffton might be more in line if connected and possibly connected to eatonton RD/SD case
plus he/she'd be working backwards from leesburg back to bluffton or ridgeland

well, i'm home from the lake, had planned to stay thru weekend, not happening, too freaky,

but also wanted to add that I thought that possibly the perp is picking not just ritzy areas of seclusion or just secluded areas but maybe ones with a small time PD, seems the ga/sc ones might be such

I just wanted to correct some of the information in your post.

This woman would be the first to go missing. She disappeared around Apr. 27, so it is possible she was taken on the short drive to Ga with the killer. It was stated on April 28, the video cameras became non functioning in Reynolds Plantation. I believe this is too much of a strange coincidence to ignore. Bad weather rolls in; everyone lays low for awhile. Sometime in the next few days, the Dermonds are attacked. On from there, the killer finds his way to Bluffton sc and then on to Hollywood, eventually ditching the stolen car close to Charleston.

I read several articles about this missing Leesburg woman. Although it says in a few articles she may be suffering from early dementia, the interview with her daughter didn't sound at all like that. I think the family, at a loss for why she vanished (her daughter had just been with her and moved her from Charleston), concluded maybe she had early dementia because nothing else seemed to make sense.

Her daughter also mentioned her mother liked to walk trails; sounds like Mr. Dermond.

Well, Law have mercy.....I made a multi-tasking euphemism into a regional lesson today.
See, I AM good for something!

The main thing to remember is that "jumpin' somebody's bones" is never good.
(Unless its your husband's....then its ok either way, most likely)

So sad that there hasn't been something that has come to light about Mrs. Dermond ... Just a hint of where she must be or what truly happened.

As for the DIL attending concerts and such... grief strikes people differently. I assumed by one of the reports that the children have already traveled to where their parents live. Maybe Dad is there and Mom is trying to do as many normal things as possible with their kiddos.

When my father passed away it was horrible. I actually sought out work to keep myself busy...from stuffing door hangers for our church, cleaning our home, and to going to normal school activities for my oldest daughter. It wasn't that I didn't love my Dad...it's that I needed...I had to adapt without him. I spoke to him daily and there was this huge void. I also tried to make things normal for my girls. They were young and didn't fully understand. They just knew they couldn't see PawPaw and that's what they wanted. Some hole up in their home and never come out...some keep themselves busy to avoid the hurt.

http://m.wtoc.com/#!/newsDetail/25516191
Julia Ann Mudgett and Polly Ann Mitchell cases connected.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prolly unrelated to SD or the above missing woman, imo.. So many missing; GA, NC, SC> Horry County, SC PD is on the scene..interesting

Human Remains Found In Florence County, SC
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1044244

There is an article on that page that states:

"From the May 8 edition of The Eatonton Messenger
CORPSE FOUND IN GREAT WATERS
Putnam County sheriff’s officials investigating a murder at a home in the Great Waters subdivision are “virtually certain” the victim is the elderly homeowner, Russell Dermond. His 87-year-old wife is missing, Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said.
The man’s body was found in the garage of the home at 147 Carolyn Drive NE at about 10 a.m. Tuesday by a neighbor.
“Friends went to the home this morning and discovered what we are virtually certain is the body of 88-year-old Russell Dermond,” Sill said in a media release at 7:38 p.m. Tuesday. “Mr. Dermond was definitely the victim of a homicide.
“Shirley Dermond was not at the residence, and we presume that she may have been abducted at this time.”
Sills said he believes the crimes were committed sometime between Friday and Sunday.
Sills described Shirley Dermond as 5 feet, 2 inches tall, weighing 148 pounds; she has grey hair and blue eyes.
Great Waters, a gated community, is part of Reynolds Plantation.
Sills said Tuesday night he was trying to get in touch with the couple’s three children."

I didn't realize that the community was aware if the murder/kidnapping before the family was informed. I guess word was going to get around anyways, but that just really surprises me.

Suspect in Julia Mudgett's disappearance has lived in Reidsville ga, Hollywood, sc, palatka and Deland, fl.

I believe I see a kidnapping charge on his arrest 1997

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member