GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The day is not over yet"? by the unmentionable cult?

Yes. And it still bothers me that the cameras remained out of service for so long. Not that the perp or perps came through the gate, but still if I lived there I would be upset that it did not seem to be a matter of urgency to have them back up and running ASAP.

Yes. And it still bothers me that the cameras remained out of service for so long. Not that the perp or perps came through the gate, but still if I lived there I would be upset that it did not seem to be a matter of urgency to have them back up and running ASAP.
Could be the residents weren't aware that they weren't working.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Perfect timing the security cameras were out or was it planned? I'd say it was part of the plan. Think about it there hasn't been any crime there in a long time and once the cameras go out boom there's 2 people brutally murdered. Either someone knew the cameras were out or they damaged them I highly doubt a storm damaged them as most cameras can withstand bad weather and why weren't there any reports of a storm did that storm just do damage to the cameras and nothing else ? Maybe they did leave by boat at night but I bet at least 2 people were dropped off during the day by car and once it was dark out they took mrs dermond out by boat. Keep in mind cars are more noticeable at night than during the day. You might see the color of a car during the day but you won't be paying attention to each car driving by during the day. Night time in a neighborhood like that if a car is driving through people are more apt to notice and often look out the window to see where the car is going. Either the murderers were the luckiest people on earth ( buy a lottery ticket ) or they set this up knowing the cameras were useless. makes

Perfect timing the security cameras were out or was it planned? I'd say it was part of the plan. Think about it there hasn't been any crime there in a long time and once the cameras go out boom there's 2 people brutally murdered. Either someone knew the cameras were out or they damaged them I highly doubt a storm damaged them as most cameras can withstand bad weather and why weren't there any reports of a storm did that storm just do damage to the cameras and nothing else ? Maybe they did leave by boat at night but I bet at least 2 people were dropped off during the day by car and once it was dark out they took mrs dermond out by boat. Keep in mind cars are more noticeable at night than during the day. You might see the color of a car during the day but you won't be paying attention to each car driving by during the day. Night time in a neighborhood like that if a car is driving through people are more apt to notice and often look out the window to see where the car is going. Either the murderers were the luckiest people on earth ( buy a lottery ticket ) or they set this up knowing the cameras were useless. makes

If I am remembering correctly, the storm was a helluva storm! Massive oak trees uprooted, etc. I think I saved a picture of some of the damage. But, maybe someone did take advantage of knowing that the cameras were not working. I could see that happening. Still, you are going to have locals that have cameras within the community I guess?

Could be the residents weren't aware that they weren't working.

I believe so.
I also believe that the murderers knew of the camera, hence planned the murder to avoid the road entrance to the subdivision? (came and left by boat with a detour to dispose of Ms. Ds body) JMO as always.

<snipped & BBM>
http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article30230859.html

New details as mystery reigns in year-old Dermond lake murders

May 2, 2015 - Sills said Shirley Dermond was struck more than once and was dead when ... Its security cameras had been knocked out by a storm in the weeks before the killings and were of no use to the authorities. ..

Weeks before? "I'm no security camera expert, but I would think that there would have been a monitor for the camera/s and it would have been obvious to the guards that they were out of service".. Why was there no repair order placed?

typically the cameras are repaired quickly especially in a high income development like this is. 1 camera in this neighborhood is all they had? what about neighbors having cameras? There has to be someone in the development with a camera as these are high end houses which means they have a lot to protect and paranoia is usually higher. The camera was still there but not operational which tells me someone knew the camera wasn't operational ( who would know that) . When was the last update on this case?

When was the last update on the case?

Oh boy.
At first, I did a lot of research on the case, as did a lot of people. Then the case stalled big time.
It seems to me that no new info on the case has been released since the sheriff divulged that Ms. D had been weighted with concrete endcaps rather than concrete blocks with holes a long time ago. It seems to me that if someone had planned on submerging a body, they would have had the typical concrete blocks with holes to ensure that the body did not rise. Although the killers are very intelligent and somewhat forensic savvy, they missed one gruesome step to prevent the decomposition gases from causing the body to float, which is what I believe happened.
As far the latest info that I am aware of is two different articles on an anniversary date of the murders where both a son and the daughter of the D's in separate articles said that they had not been in contact with the sheriff's office for a year or so.
Please correct me if I am wrong or have missed something.
I too would like to know if I have missed anything put out officially about the case.
As always, JMHO.

Oh boy.
At first, I did a lot of research on the case, as did a lot of people. Then the case stalled big time.
It seems to me that no new info on the case has been released since the sheriff divulged that Ms. D had been weighted with concrete endcaps rather than concrete blocks with holes a long time ago. It seems to me that if someone had planned on submerging a body, they would have had the typical concrete blocks with holes to ensure that the body did not rise. Although the killers are very intelligent and somewhat forensic savvy, they missed one gruesome step to prevent the decomposition gases from causing the body to float, which is what I believe happened.
As far the latest info that I am aware of is two different articles on an anniversary date of the murders where both a son and the daughter of the D's in separate articles said that they had not been in contact with the sheriff's office for a year or so.
Please correct me if I am wrong or have missed something.
I too would like to know if I have missed anything put out officially about the case.
As always, JMHO.

<BBM for Focus>

'Imo, this would indicate that the perp/s initial plans were interrupted or they would have come prepared'.. Likely due to the neighbor that witnessed the man in the D's yard, imo..

Odd that the family hasn't been in contact with the police in so long. If my parents were killed i'd be calling for updates at least ever few months and if I didn't get answers i'd be calling on the state police to take over

Odd that the family hasn't been in contact with the police in so long. If my parents were killed i'd be calling for updates at least ever few months and if I didn't get answers i'd be calling on the state police to take over

Not sure how long it has been since the family has been in contact with SS, but only SS or the GA Governor are the only ones that can request the GBI's assistance in the investigation...

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article122063024.html

This article caught my attention. This murderer previously worked at the Ritz Carlton, Lake Oconee. I wonder when he worked there and also if he and the Dermonds ever crossed paths? At the time of the murders, it was reported that a neighbor saw a person on their property. Was there EVER a description of that person?

Even better, having a house on the lake with a boat and dock.

Just scanning, although it's lake communities, FWIW, many are not lake front and would have to launch at boat docks and are also very familiar with lake, although I suppose less attention would be drawn if you never left the water.............but criminals dont seem to have common sense sometimes, I dont know if you have been there but many launches are very private and quiet alot of times, so far that I've seen, awaiting more on this LI case too,

In ,,my state you can request the state police if you feel the local pd isn't doing enough. ,

Not sure how long it has been since the family has been in contact with SS, but only SS or the GA Governor are the only ones that can request the GBI's assistance in the investigation...

Yes, I would hope so. But I know that the community where I lived took 5 months to replace the damaged sign with the community name out front - and not for financial reasons.
Sometimes these HOAs move slowly for no real reason.
unless you are the house with some rotten fascia board

In ,,my state you can request the state police if you feel the local pd isn't doing enough. ,

Hockeyguy33, I contacted the GBI via their facebook page back in late 2014 and asked why they were not assisting in the S & R Dermond murder investigation. Their reply was that either the Sheriff or Governor would have to request their assistance, and they had not received a request.

Bumping this post by me from Nov 8/2014:

"Well Folks, who couldn't see this coming"?

After over 7 months without clues or even a plausible motive for the Dermond abduction/decapitation/murders..
I'm not sure that everyone who joined this thread is aware that Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills, refused to request assistance by the GBI<Georgia Bureau of Investigation>. Although utilizing the GBI/State's ME and Crime Lab during the Dermond murder investigation, Sheriff Sills is adamant about leaving the GBI's well trained and very experienced special agents out of the loup.
Imo, all available investigative resources must be utilized in missing/murdered persons investigations to insure success..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/resident-question-decision-not-call-gbi-help-putna/138068486 - May 15, 2014
Residents question decision not to call GBI for help in Putnam Co. beheading

Where an elderly man was beheaded say they&#8217;re surprised their sheriff hasn&#8217;t called the state for help.
Russell Dermond, 88, was found dead last week in his Reynold&#8217;s Plantation Gate Water home, and investigators believe his wife, Shirley Dermond, was kidnapped.
Bill McClain lives in the same neighborhood in Putnam County.
&#8220;I&#8217;m just surprised. I would think they&#8217;d be calling in all the help they could possibly get,&#8221; McClain said.
McClain said he thought the GBI had already been called in.

Sheriff Sills said his department has not found many clues to the crime or to Shirley Dermond&#8217;s whereabouts, but he said he is not prepared to call in the GBI for help, instead relying on his own 40 years in law enforcement.

&#8220;If you can tell me something the GBI knows how to do that I don&#8217;t know how to do then I will be glad and call them,&#8221; Sills said.
<Video @ link - sniped - Read More>

http://www.examiner.com/article/putn...nd-couple-case
Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills: Profile of cop over Dermond couple case May 15, 2014

And on a final note, long before he would become involved in one of the most bizarre cases in the state, Howard Sills told his peers at the Georgia Sheriff's Association dinner that "if you're calling the state patrol to work every wreck you have, if you're calling the GBI to work every investigation you have, if you're calling somebody else every time something happens in your community, sooner or later, you're going to see a referendum to do away with you, because they're not going to know who you are," the sheriff said.

The Russell and Shirley Dermond case has propelled this Georgia Sheriff Association's Sheriff of the Year front and center in his community in Putnam County and around the nation, so he will probably never have to worry that someone does not know who he is in Eatonton, Ga. and beyond for some time. But whether he is remembered as the lawman who sought and achieved justice for the victims in this case will be determined by the success of his investigation, which is currently one being done in conjunction with many other law enforcement agencies in the country, including the GBI and the FBI.

Because the one thing Mr. Sills stressed more than maintaining independence of his office in his speech was that the job must get done--by the sheriff's office.
<sniped - read more>

'I feel your pain dancinunderthemoon. I was once fined $100.00 a day by the HOA for placing a pink marble boulder in an island in my front yard. The fine eventually reached over $7,000.00. Told them to sue me.. Marble is GA's state rock..
Images for Marble Georgia's state rock
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mar...RAhVG6iYKHdhcAkAQsAQIOA#imgrc=mHcfcEVyGvbZgM:
The pictures are lovely of the pink marble. So, just how big was/is this boulder?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member