GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some were told by police it was a hit from up North and maybe that's why they are all calm but it also says SS is hiding something because as even he says " it wasn't a mob hit"
Putnam cop told me that in the beginng, said they are long gone, yeah and SS said NOT, Brad Dermond in the interview said no also

If anyone on this board is local or knows someone local i'd love to hear what they think happened. Do they still talk about it, are they still concerned something like this might happen again, Are there more police patrols since this happened ? More police patrols would be a sign they think it was someone local or related to someone local imo

As upset as the son appears on this newscast four years later, it really concerns me as to why and how the children have done nothing in trying to solve this case.

Hiring a Private Investigator years ago would have been my first thought.

Wonder if they followed SS’s advice that hiring one would not be a good idea as they couldn’t get any more information than he could? Just a speculation.....

Putnam cop told me that in the beginng, said they are long gone, yeah and SS said NOT, Brad Dermond in the interview said no also

They ? So they have a good idea of who did this they think but they can't arrest them. If they went up north they would go after them so this must mean out of country . It seems SS has ordered silence on this case for some reason yet each year gives an interview which contradicts the previous interview. Seems like we are being taken for fools by SS . I wonder if they ever searched the area where they found Shirley for Mr D's head I don't believe they ever said either way.

As upset as the son appears on this newscast four years later, it really concerns me as to why and how the children have done nothing in trying to solve this case.

Wonder if they followed SS’s advice that hiring one would not be a good idea as they couldn’t get any more information than he could? Just a speculation.....

After 4 years and no suspects I would hire a PI how could it hurt the case. I swear SS is hiding the identity of the killers for some reason, either he's friends with the killers or they work for them or he just can't prove they did it because the crime scene was contaminated. But I know he knows who did this and why they did this and now he needs a confession otherwise he just sits at his desk. I saw the interview where he was constantly fidgeting with his pen and that tells me he wanted to scream out who did this but he can't prove it. i'll try to find the interview tomorrow

After 4 years and no suspects I would hire a PI how could it hurt the case. I swear SS is hiding the identity of the killers for some reason, either he's friends with the killers or they work for them or he just can't prove they did it because the crime scene was contaminated. But I know he knows who did this and why they did this and now he needs a confession otherwise he just sits at his desk. I saw the interview where he was constantly fidgeting with his pen and that tells me he wanted to scream out who did this but he can't prove it. i'll try to find the interview tomorrow
HOckey, you know what , the way it was done implies a mob hit...This couple was Italian from NJ and I did their ancestry and found their parents or grandparents, cant remember now, were Italy natives come to AMerica and was of the age to be still tied to FAMILY that was tied to the Italian Mob...…..Ill tell ya a story......my uncle who was born in the 30's was mixed up with mob in IL, he died a young death, yes shot to death, it was suspected mob hit by his family of 6 brothers...…..the Coroner in Cali was alos the Sheriff in that year 1973......it was ruled suicide......period...….there were discrepancies in the coroners report, the Police dept would not let me have a copy of the police report, said it was a closed case and required a court order to get it but I got the coroners report with NO problems...….the phone lines I used to call were inactive when I kept trying to call back and this was in about 2004 maybe...……...im not imagining this, of course at the time I said, yep mob ties...….they've shut down and they had my address from the coroners report, I left it alone, the damage was done

My son in law's grandfather's brother, or my son in laws great Uncle, had Italian mob ties in NY/PA....the brother or his grandfather did NOT have mob ties

TWO (2) points here...….The Dermonds were private maybe due to the same situation as my son in law and the family don't want to talk because they KNOW and KNOW they cant do anything about it and why Brad seemed nervous on the interview, he seemed to be acting to me by the way...at times he was not stuttering and others he was...….it was weird to me, his ending sentences were quipped and cut off quickly. Brad also was looking all around when he replied to the reporter and NEVER answered "NO"in regards to the family being involved, beat around the bush saying they were all at home AND ended with "and things like that" which I thought odd, THEY KNOW SOMETHING, let me digress

MAYBE Sheriff Sills KNOWS it was mob ties and wants people to know it's NOT the family so in an attempt to help them from the public backlash as they are getting due to no public plea or interest in their own parents case SS has requested they do an interview, people have been writing him suggesting it was a family involved in their deaths, requested they deny it's Mob but appear they are making a public plea to lessen the publics suspicion AFTER FOUR YEARS, all evidence is gone, everything everyone saw is lost to their memory after this much time!

sorry, THREE points...….Sheriff Sills IS PROTECTING SOMEONE...…. THE DERMOND FAMILY AND HIMSELF from the mob hit responsible for the Dermonds death and tied to some family member up north......THey all know it wont be solved, no evidence left behind......they will NOT find evidence if its mob, the dermonds themselves did not need to be mixed up with the mob in order to be someone elses lesson

the reason for the wishy washy reports on this case, everyone just hoping it will go away

THEY ALL KNOW......just because there was no evidence

and lastly.....four, sorry...……...OR KD was involved since he was the one with the lien on his property that was paid off in 2016 and maybe HE has Mob ties.…..they are everywhere you know and being from an Italian family up north may still be in touch with someone who has ties, maybe helped him out in some way got in a bind or maybe KD just needed the money and knew enough to make it look like a hit

BUT THEY KNOW, they all know...…...when there are lies as much as this...….where lies confusion...………...THERE LIES TROUBLE

So the question before was "Wehere did a clock maker in the 40's get the money to open franchises, how many? 5? 10? 15? there were quite a few, he retired from the clock company, came south and THEN opened franchises...…..that's WHY he opened them...…...mob ties...…….launder money, pay the mob...….once you get in, you don't necessarily get out.....he gave them to the kids...…..the kids didn't have a clue, they didn't continue with the dads setup with the mob...…...well, the ending we know...…...THIS IS WHY the Dermonds moved south, this is WHY he had a finger injury, not from war possibly but from the MOB, don't they take fingers or smash fingers during their interrogations and coercion, this is WHY there is no trace, this is WHY there are no records in the check book it's so clean for a REASON...….Dad tried to get out, maybe told the kids, to not get involved...…..and this is what happens...…….

WOW, it all makes sense, NO ONE CAN SAY WHAT THE DERMONDS WERE LIKE, maybe they were the nicest people you'd ever know but we do NOT know his past, EVERYONE, ALL OF YOU, ME, WE ALL HAVE SECRETS, no matter how small or large....Im so tired of people defending the dermonds as if they knew them...….no one here knew them really...….they were very private people BD says in his interview...…...they were PRIVATE and simple...........for a reason

Would love to see some feedback, pros and cons

What stands out most to me is that no one from the family is talking. Not their THREE children and their THREE/FOUR spouses, at least SEVEN adult grandchildren that we know of. I have no idea about nieces, nephews, great grandchildren, or any other relatives. They can’t all be content with twiddling their thumbs while SS lets years go by...can they?

And their friends, church family, neighbors...don’t they care that there’s a deranged murderer out there?

There’s got to be someone closer to the case than us websluethers who have the same questions we do.

Yes, my sentiments, exactly. The family and extended family have remained eerily silent...

IMHO

As stated by Dancin', but too many years have passed for anyone to have the need to get rid of them, hits the nail on the head. If we are to believe that a past event is at issue, then think how long ago that must have been. Let's assume something work related and involving RD occurred in the past. Any work related issue would have to have occurred several years ago given his age at death of 88. I struggle with the passage of time theory more than anything else because it forces me to examine more current events, so to speak, that are equally as mind boggling.

That from a few months back. It's the passage of time that makes a mob hit or work related dispute so unlikely. Organized crime figures do not wait to take somebody out. I have often wondered from the beginning if someone in prison had ample time to plot revenge and upon release got the ball rolling - - - someone in prison who had some sort of indirect or direct past involvement with the Dermonds.

Well think about it all that I wrote, we do not know WHO was/is involved with any mob, the fact they passed the franchises on could be something.....it was a new revelation......we don't know WHO is getting a message...…..and then there is the other angle

I said long ago KD had a lien against his property and I reported it to the authorities, it was paid off in 2016

He was always the spokesperson for the family, suddenly Brad is, KD would never agree to be recorded.

SOMTHING is up, you don't wait four years and this interview was urged by SS to keep the family from looking guilty

THey all k now who or why but cannot prove it
That from a few months back. It's the passage of time that makes a mob hit or work related dispute so unlikely. Organized crime figures do not wait to take somebody out. I have often wondered from the beginning if someone in prison had ample time to plot revenge and upon release got the ball rolling - - - someone in prison who had some sort of indirect or direct past involvement with the Dermonds.
PRoblem is, we don't know that they waited, we don't know anything, we don't know who was involved later or how long, we don't know but someone is being protected or they are just hoping it will go away....I don't think BD was being honest, his answers, he never said NO, he only said the family were all at home miles away.....that is no answer......among other things in that interview...something is fishy as Hockeyguy has been saying

We can only glean from the actions of everyone involved...….we don't have facts, they may or may not, but we wont ever get them or for many years probably and wont know if it's the truth

maybe self preservation for himself and family, knowing its a dead end or protecting someone
They ? So they have a good idea of who did this they think but they can't arrest them. If they went up north they would go after them so this must mean out of country . It seems SS has ordered silence on this case for some reason yet each year gives an interview which contradicts the previous interview. Seems like we are being taken for fools by SS . I wonder if they ever searched the area where they found Shirley for Mr D's head I don't believe they ever said either way.

There have to be some locals who don’t believe it was a mob hit and nothing to worry about. Just by the sheer number of lake residents it’s not possible. Heck, I live two hours away but whenever I drive through Putnam county I can’t stop thinking about it.

A crime like this doesn't happen with no suspects yet SS says he has no suspects or persons of interest. This was not the perfect crime and there had to be evidence left behind yet again SS says there is no evidence, Again SS is lying his *advertiser censored* off and if he's not lying then he should resign because he missed evidence somewhere . How does he clear the man spotted on the lawn on possibly the day of the murder? Well apparently he found this person who he initially called a definite person of interest early on after it was reported and cleared him. SS for over 3 years never mentioned this person of interest again until a few months ago that seems odd when people have been asking about this witness for years. SS can't say his name for obvious reasons but he can at least tell us what that person was doing on the lawn of a house in a gated community where a murder occurred on the same day or the day after. 4 years now SS has said he is waiting for someone to make that call . Looking back at the 1st photo of the house after the murders I am certain the person on the lawn wasn't a landscaper because that lawn was not freshly cut so who was this person on the lawn? It wasn't the neighbor the neighbor was in Asia , wasn't a mailman or mailperson because the mailbox is at the end of the driveway, it wasn't the paperboy because the last paper delivered was on Friday .

My point is SS knows who did this and the responsible party had previous access to the home and can explain their finger prints being there. SS knows he can't prove it in court without a confession by 1 of the killers connecting the dots . Brad Dermond stated he talked to his parents every night yet 4 or 5 nights they didn't answer the phone and he never called the local police to do a wellness check? Sorry but if I had called my parents every night and they stopped answering my calls for a few nights i'd have the police do a wellness check immediately or at least contact a local friend of theirs to do a wellness check, heck they are in their mid to late 80's . Brad even stated he still keeps in touch with 1 of his parents friends at least once a week he calls him.

The timing was perfect. The cameras were knocked out by a storm ( or a person) the Dermonds who the daughter said were strict about setting their alarm and at 1 time I heard someone say it was broken ( if the alarm was broken 1 call and the alarm company would have sent someone out that day) . I don't think this was a mob hit but it was about revenge or rage. Who would gain something by killing a couple in their late 80's ? Nothing was taken so it wasn't a robbery or extortion attempt as they would have grabbed something valuable.

Things SS hasn't answered
1 When was the last time either vehicle was started ? Each car has a computer ECM and with a code reader you can tell when the last time the vehicle was started
2: When was the 1st call to the Dermonds home phone and cell phones not answered ?
3: What made the female relative lie the 1st time and upon the 2nd interview admit she lied and broke down?
4: Why was the fbi the only agency called in to help and not the gbi or the state police ?
5 : Why hasn't a national tv station done a show on this ? Well I can guess because SS won't give out any evidence he has because it would reveal the identity of the killer or killers.

Looking forward to someone doing an "in depth" podcast on this case soon. I check just about every day to see if there's anything new. CANNOT be a random crime, imo, and that's a fact, I believe. Who randomly kills two elderly people, doesn't take anything from them at all, and then decapitates one and sails off with the other one? This has to be one of THE strangest cases I have ever read about. I look forward to your theories and comments hockeyguy.

There have to be some locals who don’t believe it was a mob hit and nothing to worry about. Just by the sheer number of lake residents it’s not possible. Heck, I live two hours away but whenever I drive through Putnam county I can’t stop thinking about it.
OF course there are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member