GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by KateB, May 16, 2015.

1. dancinunderthemoon

dancinunderthemoon Well-Known Member

Yes but Deugirtni, that's the reason this whole case is so confusing, as SS put it, for every one thing that is professional there is something else just as equally unprofessional.......

So does a pro try to make it look unprofessional or does an unprofessional try to make it appear pro? And under which circumstances does it require taking the head? THat's what I've considered anyway

All we know is that someone went to great lengths NOT TO BE DETECTED

Is the MOB that scared of being found out? I doubt it IMO and we all know they dont (typically as I understand) go to such lengths when they make a hit so SD body being carried off that way makes ME think it was to confuse the investigation, maybe they DID want her found

Awaiting information on that lawsuit, so to alteast rule out something

AND it was never spoken of by SS, unless he's got that information tucked away in hiding also, it was not known about? NOr was the lien of KD mentioned so who knows but I would think the lawsuit directly linked to the D's would be somehting that could be told to the public, not necessarily family liens

BUT If we are to put our faith in SS.............HE said there was NOTHING to indicate anything untowards in the D's life

StarEyes, watcher9 and Steleheart like this.
  2. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you (Stelehart) regarding "head removal to hide bullet"... it never completely made sense. Somewhere I remember SS saying it could have been taken to hide DNA evidence. Which still doesn't seem correct.

I've never entertained the thought that RD's body was "staged for discovery". Which is very possible. That act would add even more to the "send a message/make a statement" theory. IMO

3. dancinunderthemoon

Yeah Stele That's what I have thought too, all along.....why shoot one and bludgeon one....... but then again, why behead one and haul one off..........geesh, IDK other than your and Foxfires thoughts on staging, he wasnt facing east (IIRC) so it was some M. extremist group

I searched and searched last night not finding that information on the spinal fluid or medical information in general....but As far as trauma, wasnt sure if gunshot would be more force interrupting the flow of spinal and lymph, blowing it out, more so than a bludgeoning where most is still intact but causing the glymphatic system to spill over and drain as it would naturally into the spinal column but with blood.... but that's my personal thoughts just according to my litte knowlege of craniosacral massage therapy haha

Yeah I always tended towards something else besides hiding the bullet but have had my doubts and crossed over but I just think too like you said bludgeoning is there MO

Yeah I wondered way back if RD owned gusn or engaged in any target practice, he could have shot at a snake at the lake, that happens often but when did he do that and when did he launder his shirt?

IDK, maybe it's all pointless and useless information but we only hope for a clue somewhere to help engage different thoughts, we jsut keep circling the same info like vultures LOL.....until we get something knew.....like the lawsuit information and see where that leads, we have nothing but speculation on the information we are so sparsely given but slowly coming out bit by bit

Thanks stele........your're not really steel hearted are you? LOL

4. dancinunderthemoon

I know the body was moved "a few feet" or less IIRC but was it leaned up against the car, lie sitting up?? SOmeone remind me please.

THANKS

5. fred&edna

If financial records of Dermonds (and those closest to them) show no nefarious or even questionable activity. AND nothing of value was taken during the crime itself then... We are left with everything about these horrible murders being based on PERSONAL reasons alone.

Who hated them this much???

StarEyes, Hapworth, watcher9 and 2 others like this.
  6. fred&edna

I remember that "propping up" part as well but also assumed he didn't quite stay propped up. Hmm. Maybe it was from the old podcast info???

I will look.

StarEyes, Hapworth, watcher9 and 2 others like this.
  7. Steleheart

Steleheart Administrator Staff Member Administrator

RSBM
    Yeah I am thinking I did some research not exactly related to RD or chatted with a forensic type person and I can't find it either so JMO on the fluid indicators, LOL

Well... a Stele or Stelae refers to ancient engraved stone slabs. It is said that the laws of God are written upon the hearts of men and Moses received the Law on slabs as well, so I like to think that upon my stony heart is an inherent knowledge of right and wrong.
    Maybe TMI? but JMO :)

StarEyes and fred&edna like this.
  8. dancinunderthemoon

Me too vaguely, mught be a very important part to consider, I wondered about the direction he faced early on thinking extremist types and the fact he was moved a few feet thinking it was to position the body for the gruesome task but it was dis used by a few for years but i never considered it

So.... that is how one piece of evidence can overlooked BY LE THAT COULD GIVE CLUES

So yes, the more the merrier in solving some cases.... Thankful for everyone's great thoughts and input and the current podcast and that this will one day be solved and justice for the Dermonds will be served
    This case hit close to home, literally, for me

9. dancinunderthemoon

Good information then

Haha LOVE IT

StarEyes, fred&edna and Steleheart like this.
  10. fred&edna

Went back and reviewed Sworn Part 2. From what I heard in that episode... RD was found in a "lying" position but SS believes RD (at some point) was either propped or fell against one of the vehicles. And possibly his head was removed and placed by the body for a time. **Also blood droplets had no tails... What does this suggest? The killer was careful in moving head from body and blood was in simple, single drops???

Further listening suggests greater shock IF RD had been discovered by opening the large overhead garage door. (Which the killers assumed would occur... Not by entering via interior door).

Personal message/shock value/hatred/hurt - who was the intended recipient of all these????

StarEyes and wildebeest like this.
  11. fred&edna

The blood droplets and decapitation still make me think one of the killers had some medical/anatomy knowledge.

12. wildebeest

wildebeest Well-Known Member

Very interesting article, hockeyguy. The cause of death sounds similar to the Dermonds, but the victims are quite different. So this murder in Las happened a year after the Dermonds? I would hope SS has looked into this, as the perps could be from the LA area, or could have relocated there.

StarEyes likes this.
  13. wildebeest

wildebeest Well-Known Member

I was just thinking the same thing. They must have known what they were doing. Was it ever determined what type of tool/instrument the perps used?

14. OTPTarheel2018

OTPTarheel2018 Well-Known Member

I went back and read the obituaries of SD and RD and have been on Find A Grave.

Were SD and RD only children?
    SD was born in Maywood NJ and RD in Hackensack which are close by.

JMO and wondering after a long flight

15. Steleheart

Then I think about the way SD was found and her being under the water seemed such an amateur job. Unless they intended for her to be found eventually. Seemed like an afterthought and not enough weight, poorly secured, etc.
    With that and the clean removal of RD's head it said more hunter/ farmer / outdoors-man than medical/ or professional hitman to me.
    But JMO

16. Lawdawg99

Lawdawg99 Member

I don't remember reading or hearing that his body was leaning or sat up. Maybe I just assumed it was laying on the garage floor with towels around the head area. ???

StarEyes likes this.
  17. dancinunderthemoon

this is how I saw it in the podcast description, havent been back to tweek it, could be wrong.

Attached Files:

18. Steleheart

Ah, thanks for that!

StarEyes likes this.
  19. dancinunderthemoon

I know someone has discussed a trust and how it works. Did the D's hold a trust for their heirs?
    When can you collect?

Yes that is what IRKS me........all that pro and then they didnt put her in a cove or make sure she was sunk nor did they create an opening for the gases to be released, um, fYI, i saw that on a show ! LOL

MAKES sense about a hunter tho! Unless there is family doctors? THeyd know but wouldnt they want them found?

BUT had someone opened that garage door like mentioned above....WOW.......WHO was that for and WHO would enter the garage first? NOt her and not him.

KIDS? but why not front door? DId they have a key and a code or garage door opener?

Jsut thoughts

20. dancinunderthemoon

I"ve had it for a year almost! LOL
    been meaning to post it.........tweek it Stele.......see if I got it right

YW!

StarEyes and Steleheart like this.