CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by bessie, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Shirley and Russell Dermond

Missing wife of decapitated Georgia man found dead in lake
    GA GA - Shirley Dermond, 87, Putnam County **Media Links***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5
    Thread #6

2. bessie

REMINDER

• We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by law enforcement as suspects or persons of interest.
    • We do not link to social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter) of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
    • We do not link to a social media page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
    • We never post the name of a private individual who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
    • With the exception of a victim, we never post the full name of a minor.
    • Linking to social media pages (Facebook, Twitter) is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
    • FACTS must be accompanied by a link to an appropriate source, i.e., MSM, LE. Blogs are not MSM.
    • If you can't link it, you can't post it.
    • RUMORS are not allowed to be posted.
    • Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
    • If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or moderator decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

3. bessie

REMINDER: IMAGES must be accompanied by a link to the original source. Images posted without links will be removed.

Also, for the posters who have complained about the excessive use of smilies in this thread (which many find to be rude and highly disrespectful to the deceased couple):

YOUR IGNORE LIST AND YOU .

We would hope that members exercise good judgment with regard to "smilies". Most do; a few don't.

4. noZme

noZme Active Member

Nothing new, but latest update:

"Sills is tired of all the theories and speculation. He has investigated the Dermonds' lives in depth and has determined that they worked hard, paid their taxes, went to church. There's no indication of any illegal activity or association with unsavory characters, he said. There's no indication that anything was taken from the home."

"They were regulars at the Lake Oconee Community Church, missing services only when they went to visit their children in other states, Pastor David Key said. They were social and clearly had money but didn't flaunt it, he said.

"They were just a nice, unassuming couple," Key said."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_COUPLE_BEHEADING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

5. osu

osu Well-Known Member

6. bessie

Please continue here, and remember OFF TOPIC posts are subject to removal.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

7. Solitaryone

Solitaryone New Member

8. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Not sure if this article from yesterday was already posted:

‘Plausible lead’ - Sills following up on Dermond murders while reward fund grows
    Posted Yesterday

~snipped

More at link: http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_7a795c98-f19a-11e3-8038-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

9. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Fridays are always good for an arrest , Friday the thirteenth even better

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

10. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

Someone always brings up property values. Sad.

11. Bootsctr

Bootsctr Well-Known Member

The Dermonds' murders are back in MSM! Front page of MSN!

Looks like same article posted above by osu, but still it's good to see the Dermonds' faces being put up again.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/ga-couples-killing-leaves-authorities-baffled

12. osu

osu Well-Known Member

I agree about the property values.

But I have to agree with this attorney, that if I owned a weekend get-away place there on the lake and had kids, I would really be afraid to go back there until they get who did this. I don't think I could let my kids out of my sight or go to sleep at night.

JMO

13. Treelights

Treelights New Member

"Posted: 1:49 p.m. Friday, June 13, 2014"
    "Sheriff: Elderly couple’s murders still a mystery"

"The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Six weeks after Russell and Shirley Dermond were killed, one of the more baffling murder mysteries in recent memory is no closer to being solved."
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/sheriff-elderly-couples-murders-still-a-mystery/ngKyD/

14. osu

osu Well-Known Member

From your link:

15. Bootsctr

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/ga-couples-killing-leaves-authorities-baffled

Okay he knows Shirley's body was disposed of by boat, but he's not sure if the killers arrived by boat. To me, in my opinion, the killers is inside GW/RP. I think he is close and he/they controlled and concealed the crime scene as long as he possibly could.

16. Treelights

Treelights New Member

and in my opinion, the way I interpreted the article, he is not sure they left by boat, but they think a boat was used to dispose of Shirley's body.....
    so, could Shirley have been taken elsewhere, (not in a boat) and killed elsewhere, and then the perp(s) used a boat to dispose of her?
    IMOO.

17. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a poster here at WS a few weeks ago that mentioned "from unnamed sources" that the head had been neatly severed or something to that effect? TIA

18. Bootsctr

"neatly severed indicating the work of professionals."

Okay my theory about it being law enforcement went out the window and now we are back to the medical profession. Oh boy! I need some antacid.

19. Bootsctr

Yes, absolutely. And the date of her death on her obituary is Tuesday May 6. They did not discover Shirley until over a week later. Mr. Dermond's body was discovered on Tuesday, May 6th. Hmmmmmm...

20. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Wow, that's strange that they listed her date of death as being the same day as Russell's. IIRC, Sills and the FBI referred to Shirley as being Missing/Abducted until the fishermen discovered her body in the lake. Did LE know all along that she had been murdered the same day as Russell?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.