GA - Starving boy, 10, 36 lbs, runs to neighbor and begs for food, Tyler and Krista Schindley arrested, Griffin, 2023

Here's the DM article :

Why am I not surprised ?
:mad:

Possibly the other children are now speaking out ?

In addition to not feeding their son, the couple allegedly allowed their four other children to 'see and/or hear' physical abuse against the boy on multiple occasions.
[snip]
The couple's other children who were in the home appeared to be OK and are currently with the Department of Family and Children's Services.
Half-brother of Georgia boy found nearly starved to death charged

classic scapegoating. I will not be surprised if we learn the non targeted children were encouraged to participate in the abuse or "tattle" for the most minor infractions, real or imagined, that their brother was "guilty" of committing. Sick Sick Sick.

Ethan Washburn, 20, of Franklin, Tennessee, stands accused of two felony counts of aggravated assault in the Peach State, the Griffin Police Department announced on Monday, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

In arrest warrants obtained by the paper, the defendant is accused of using both of his hands to choke the child around his neck

The victim’s stepbrother is in custody at the Spaulding County Jail without bond on a pretrial hold

During the time the children were living with these monsters, if they were 'naughty', acting out, or said anything about what was happening in front of the adoption service/social workers, I imagine the adoptive parents excuse of them 'adjusting' to their new lives and having come from the bio parents bad home goes a long way to covering up the torture and neglect. I'm sure the adoption service wants to blindly believe everything is going well and keep the children placed there. It's great for stats and less work than investigating and re-homing. I'm sure not all agencies and staff are like that, but I'm willing to bet a lot of them are

MOO

The 3 newest articles I can find about this case are all behind a paywall:

GRAND JURY INDICTS COUPLE ACCUSED OF NEGLECTING, ABUSING SON

FATHER PLEADS NOT GUILTY IN CHILD ABUSE CASE

COUPLE CHARGED WITH NEGLECTING SON TO APPEAR IN COURT

@Niner , do you have any connections that could look in to this case to see where the court is on getting these two to trial?

I have not been following this case. Not sure I can access Spalding County. I need to go back & read this thread - first I shall see if I can access the court site for these guys.
WIll be back.... :)

*Updated Oct 12, 2023
Couple charged with neglecting son to appear in court

Tyler and Krista Schindley, the Griffin couple facing felony charges in connection to the reported abuse and neglect of their 10-year-old son, are expected to appear Thursday in Spalding County Superior Court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back