GA - Sunday Blombergh, 28, Tifton, 22 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
they sent out a private message to everyone in one of the groups this morning that if everyone were to submit 2.00 even they'd be well above the target the were hoping to reach. It might be worth a shot asking one of the creators about the idea though. Perhaps they could use it for actual reward.. thing is, i think the reward goes to anyone who gives information to her whereabouts regardless of if she is found alive or not.

As of 5-20-2010 HE was still in Tifton. From what I understand he was questioned by GBI, all of his phone records, etc. have been examined, and his firearms seized for testing.

I don't think HE was involved. 2 reasons: 1) He has basically opened up his entire life for examination, for anyone who suspects him, not just LE - not typical behavior of a guilty party. 2) I don't think this man has the ability (skills, knowledge) to cover up something such as this from Law Enforcement. If he did, in fact, have any involvement, I think he would have been arrested some time ago.

I am still leaning toward semi-stranger abduction followed by a rape/murder. Believe me I wish it were different, but this is my gut... Semi-stranger probably another drug user she was aquainted with...

The fact that she disappeared on the day she was leaving town still bugs me. It could be coincidental, but it also could mean something. (Like others were saying previously in the thread - Was someone NOT wanting her to leave Tifton? Was someone NOT wanting her to return to Tally?
:banghead:

Of course this is all my opinion only, FWIW...

Rumors are rampant right now regarding HE. He's not off my list completely as of yet, but you do have a point about his voluntary actions in trying to clear himself. And if true, he took a poly and passed, well ...

DE was said to be in Florida and has witness' to that effect. So that leaves us with the "semi-stranger" abduction, as you put it. Another poster pointed out that maybe Sunday tried to score something before she left for Tally. That theory does make sense. Someone came to the house, picked her up and something went wrong along the way. It's someone local, moo. GBI needs to hold a pressor and let the public know where they're at in this case.

And if true, he took a poly and passed, well ...

Allegedly, he failed the polygraph, and that is the reason why he was investigated much further.

DE was said to be in Florida and has witness' to that effect. So that leaves us with the "semi-stranger" abduction, as you put it.

That sucks, because that is the "semi-stranger" abduction seems as if it would be the most difficult case to solve

Another poster pointed out that maybe Sunday tried to score something before she left for Tally. That theory does make sense. Someone came to the house, picked her up and something went wrong along the way.

It makes perfect sense. Drug deals are rarely cash and carry. They often require traveling to someone else's house, for additional quantity, etc. It would not be unusal, during a drug run, to have some extra travel involved. The perfect opportunity for an abduction.

It's someone local, moo. GBI needs to hold a pressor and let the public know where they're at in this case.

The fact that is a local doesn't help either. It means this individual has knowledge of the area, and could hide a body well enough, so that it not be found for years.

It is past time for LE to have a press conference regarding this! Obviously LE does not have it all figured out. It's time to get the public's assistance. Actually, it's past that time. They need to go ahead and pick at least 1 or 2 details and release them to the public. I think the last cell phone ping is critical. You could NOT convince me that the release of that info would compromise their investigation in any way?!

Wonder why they couldn't just do a simple paper form...that you'd go have notarized and send back so that the $$$ amount can go up, the money's there if she's found, and I think a lot more would donate.

I will donate for the the general fund, but I was thinking a much larger amount for the reward.....hence why I can't just give it up without a "reason". I could easily do smaller amounts...and will. Just thinking about the big picture....hoping money could grease some wheels - I hope it does!

ETA: If someone from family is reading this, you're welcome to contact me if you'll do something like a "guarantee" from me.

Hi Truthful, please know the family is unavailable however if I can answer your questions, I'm happy to do so.
The "general fund" , as you called it, is an established fund through the credit union and the person who established the fund for the family also had it incorporated as Find Sunday Blombergh, Inc. There are four official signers. They are in the process of filing for a tax exempt status, as well. As you know, when a loved one goes missing it is important to try and raise funds for a reward. That is what collections are going towards at the moment. Right now there is less than $450 collected and the hopes is to reach $1,000 soon so that an initial reward can be posted. In order for a reward to be posted, the money needs to be secured. We are of the firm belief that someone knows something and while $1,000 may not seem much..it is a start and as donations come it will be increased. Keep the prayers going for their needed answers. This is very difficult on the family.

they sent out a private message to everyone in one of the groups this morning that if everyone were to submit 2.00 even they'd be well above the target the were hoping to reach. It might be worth a shot asking one of the creators about the idea though. Perhaps they could use it for actual reward.. thing is, i think the reward goes to anyone who gives information to her whereabouts regardless of if she is found alive or not.

The website explains it as:
Your support in donating to help search for Sunday Blombergh is most appreciated by the family.

Donations will go towards professional search efforts, if needed, and an upcoming reward for viable information, deemed by law enforcement, leading to the safe return of Sunday.

Any monies collected are, at present, not tax deductible. A tax exempt status is pending. Monies left over in the fund, once Sunday is located, will go into a trust fund for her daughter, Isabella, age 7. No officers of the "Find Sunday Blombergh, Inc." group are paid.

Missing woman mystery may be solved
Posted: May 27, 2010 3:08 PM CDT Updated: May 27, 2010 3:08 PM CDT

ALBANY, GA (WALB) – GBI agents have found a body believed to be 28-year-old Sunday Blombergh.

The body was found in a wooded area of Colquitt County, near the Tift County line.

A Tift County man, the husband of Blombergh's former mother in law, is charged with killing her.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12555687

Such a tragedy :(

Link to Herman's facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000593766223&v=wall

He's got quite a bit to say ... what an @ss.

May she rest in peace and justice be served.

It is with very deep sadness that Sunday's body has been located. We were notified a bit earlier and wanted to be sure that all family members were aware first. However, the media has already been printing updates. Please allow the family their needed time to grieve and we will keep all posted as we learn more informa...tion.

Missing woman mystery may be solved
Posted: May 27, 2010 3:08 PM CDT Updated: May 27, 2010 3:08 PM CDT

ALBANY, GA (WALB) – GBI agents have found a body believed to be 28-year-old Sunday Blombergh.

The body was found in a wooded area of Colquitt County, near the Tift County line.

A Tift County man, the husband of Blombergh's former mother in law, is charged with killing her.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12555687

Such a tragedy :(

Link to Herman's facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000593766223&v=wall

He's got quite a bit to say ... what an @ss.

May she rest in peace and justice be served.

OH NO, this is so sad. Sunday, please rest in peace and watch over that beautiful little girl.

I wonder if HE told where the body was, or was the body found and then he was arrested?

The body of a woman missing from Tift County since April 22 has been found.

Tift County Sheriff's authorities confirm they have found the body of 28-year-old Sunday Blombergh this afternoon. Few other details are being released at this time. Sunday had not been seen since the morning of April 22 after she had talked with her sister about an afternoon meeting. Sunday was planning to move to Tallahassee, FL. We will have more information as it becomes available.

The Tift County Sheriff's Office is planning a news conference to answer questions about Sunday's death Friday morning at 11

http://www.mysouthwestga.com/news/story.aspx?id=463095

O M G!

NOT what I was expecting...

Rest in peace Sunday!

:(

Very sad news. My thoughts are with Sunday's family and most of all little Izzy.

The body of a missing Tift County woman was found in some woods Thursday afternoon. 28-year-old Sunday Blombergh, who disappeared April 22nd, was murdered. Herman Evans, who's married to her ex mother-in-law, is charged with killing her, and the GBI says more arrests may be coming.
Neighbors say the GBI Crime Scene Van, GBI agents and Sheriff's deputy cars have spent hours at the house five times from evening time until the early morning hours.
Sunday and her little girl had been staying at the home for a couple months, until she went missing.
Inside the house, the carpet was cut up in several spots. The carpet was pulled up in the room Sunday was staying in. Numbered circles are all over the wall and on the ceiling that appear to be highlighting some possible blood splatters.
Also, Lumenol was sprayed in several spots in the bathroom, and we are told lumenol helps agents detect blood.
"He had a big red eye, and scratches down his face, and was bleeding," said neighbor Anne McEntyre about Herman Evans. "He said the couch fell on him. He said he was burning all his stuff."
The GBI says they suspect foul play. They asked Evans' mother for his computer.(snip)
Neighbors report seeing two men this weekend burning a couch. You can still see pieces of it. They say they were told by Evans he was moving and he didn't have a place to put the couch.
He also told neighbors to come in and take any furniture they like.
Herman Evans has been charged with murder, and the GBI say investigation is not over.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12556714

God....god....god. I am sitting here crying. I am so sorry for Sunday's family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads