Found Deceased GA - Susana Morales, 16, walking home from friend’s house, kidnapped and murdered, 26 July 2022 *police officer charged*

I don't know if they have loosened the standards but in the case of my DH the vetting was rigorous. All school official transcripts, marriage lic. if applicable, each and every former employer was contacted, interviews with former co-workers, friends, mother in law etc, financial analysis of banking, credit reports, amount of debt if any, psychological evals, medical evals, physical fitness, agility etc. it was a long process and all of it needed to be complete before professional training.

I'm guessing this guy was able to fool many people and probably leaned on his military background.
Yup, per their own LE they vetted him rigorously. Sounds like the worst kind of killer, the type that can fool anyone. Sociopath.

This case is so disturbing, including the investigation into her disappearance.
Imagine if Susana’s remains would have never been found… for sure there would be another victim and her loved ones would never know what happened to her.

You know what happens when you get in the back of a LE cruiser? You can't get out. For obvious reasons but a word to the wise if you have young people in your care. Of course if someone is being detained legally my advice is to comply and hash it out later.
How would she know if it was legal or not? Either way, le has a gun so you’re gonna comply.

FEB 19, 2023
[...]

Gwinnett County police are still investigating how Susana Morales died. She went missing last July while walking home and her body was found near the Gwinnett-Barrow county line on Feb. 6.

Gwinnett law enforcement officials have not released details of how Doraville Police Officer Miles Bryant, 22, was involved in the Morales case. He has not been charged with killing Morales, but he has been charged with false report of a crime and concealing the death of another.

[...]

Warrants show Bryant lives near where Morales was last seen, and police believe he allegedly dumped her body in a wooded area, according to Daily Post news partner FOX 5 Atlanta. The false report charge against Bryant reportedly stems from him filing a false report claiming that his car had been broken into and his gun stolen.

The warrants indicate Morales may have been raped before she was murdered, although rape and murder charges are not among the charges that Gwinnett police have charged him with at this point.

[...]

FEB 22

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — Gwinnett Police announced Wednesday that Miles Bryant, the now ex-Doraville officer already charged with concealing 16-year-old Susana Morales' death, is being charged with murder and kidnapping in the case.

"We have reached the threshold to where these charges have been upgraded to felony murder and kidnapping," Gwinnett Police Chief J.D. McClure said in a news conference, referencing Bryant's earlier charge. "We have a very solid case and we're very confident."

McClure laid out a timeline of events, outlining how police believe Bryant killed Morales. He said on July 26, 2022, she went to visit a friend in a nearby apartment complex and that she was taken between 10 and 10:30 p.m. while returning home. He said police believe that she was killed sometime by 2 a.m.

More at Ex-Doraville officer being charged with murder in death of Susana Morales

How is this case not national news? Why are people not completely outraged just based on what limited information is available already?

FEB 22

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — Gwinnett Police announced Wednesday that Miles Bryant, the now ex-Doraville officer already charged with concealing 16-year-old Susana Morales' death, is being charged with murder and kidnapping in the case.

"We have reached the threshold to where these charges have been upgraded to felony murder and kidnapping," Gwinnett Police Chief J.D. McClure said in a news conference, referencing Bryant's earlier charge. "We have a very solid case and we're very confident."

McClure laid out a timeline of events, outlining how police believe Bryant killed Morales. He said on July 26, 2022, she went to visit a friend in a nearby apartment complex and that she was taken between 10 and 10:30 p.m. while returning home. He said police believe that she was killed sometime by 2 a.m.

More at Ex-Doraville officer being charged with murder in death of Susana Morales
That police statement is a whole lot of nothing. They're very clearly withholding the info about what evidence led to the arrest and considering the other circumstances surrounding this case already, I have a strong suspicion as to why.

Someone with this kind of behavior has a history of it. Creepy isn’t a behavior that leaves your definition if it’s consistent.
That's the thing that these kind of cases need to be examined for - to explicitly establish how creepy is too creepy to be a cop? How creepy is too creepy to be allowed to own a gun?

I expect this guy was pretty adept at keeping his homicidal tendencies concealed just well enough that if the standards were different, he would have just learned to keep them below those standards.

He shouldn't have been a cop though and the cops should have done a better job of catching him.

There are signs. I imagine if they do a deep dive of his history there will be incidents. There are probably girls out there from high school that have stories of him saying or doing things that made them uncomfortable. Maybe he would show up at a girls job and just loitered. Maybe he would show up at places where they were hanging out with friends and wasnt invited so he shouldnt even know where they are. Stalking them but they were unaware. They just thought he was weird. The situation with his friend and trying to get in to her place. She was his childhood friend and she even said in the above article "I knew he was capable of it"... That statement alone is very telling. I feel like he has to have done something similar at some point bc what he did is awfully ballsy.

How is this case not national news? Why are people not completely outraged just based on what limited information is available already?

That police statement is a whole lot of nothing. They're very clearly withholding the info about what evidence led to the arrest and considering the other circumstances surrounding this case already, I have a strong suspicion as to why.

That's the thing that these kind of cases need to be examined for - to explicitly establish how creepy is too creepy to be a cop? How creepy is too creepy to be allowed to own a gun?

I expect this guy was pretty adept at keeping his homicidal tendencies concealed just well enough that if the standards were different, he would have just learned to keep them below those standards.

He shouldn't have been a cop though and the cops should have done a better job of catching him.
I know! But even from the beginning her disappearance didn’t seem to be taken seriously by LE.

There are signs. I imagine if they do a deep dive of his history there will be incidents. There are probably girls out there from high school that have stories of him saying or doing things that made them uncomfortable. Maybe he would show up at a girls job and just loitered. Maybe he would show up at places where they were hanging out with friends and wasnt invited so he shouldnt even know where they are. Stalking them but they were unaware. They just thought he was weird. The situation with his friend and trying to get in to her place. She was his childhood friend and she even said in the above article "I knew he was capable of it"... That statement alone is very telling. I feel like he has to have done something similar at some point bc what he did is awfully ballsy.
Certain behavior towards woman should be looked as red flags
sadly it isnt.

Police revealed Wednesday that a gun registered to Bryant was found near Morales’ remains. Bryant reported his weapon had been stolen around 11 a.m. on July 27, 2022, a report police have said is false. Police said it’s possible that Bryant dropped the weapon during the commission of the murder.

Police revealed Wednesday that a gun registered to Bryant was found near Morales’ remains. Bryant reported his weapon had been stolen around 11 a.m. on July 27, 2022, a report police have said is false. Police said it’s possible that Bryant dropped the weapon during the commission of the murder.

Okay now that's kind of weird. Hopefully the police department realizes now they're under enough scrutiny that they better do ballistics on any unsolved shootings now that they have the gun. I don't see any logic, including criminal logic, in reporting a gun missing 6 months before using it in a murder then leaving it at a crime scene. Unless the police are saying that was the date he reported that it had been stolen, but he made the report after Susana went missing - which would be suspicious as hell. You would think he'd just go retrieve the gun since he knew nobody was looking for her. Maybe he thought there was a bigger risk being seen at the dump location than having his gun found ie assumed that the murder investigation would be just as sloppy as the missing person one.

Okay now that's kind of weird. Hopefully the police department realizes now they're under enough scrutiny that they better do ballistics on any unsolved shootings now that they have the gun. I don't see any logic, including criminal logic, in reporting a gun missing 6 months before using it in a murder then leaving it at a crime scene. Unless the police are saying that was the date he reported that it had been stolen, but he made the report after Susana went missing - which would be suspicious as hell. You would think he'd just go retrieve the gun since he knew nobody was looking for her. Maybe he thought there was a bigger risk being seen at the dump location than having his gun found ie assumed that the murder investigation would be just as sloppy as the missing person one.

His gun was reported missing 7/27... Susana was last seen 7/26. Where is this 6 month gap you are speaking of?

Wow. That’s shocking. Maybe he didn’t know exactly where it was and didn’t want to risk it or thought it would throw suspicion off him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back