GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever smelled a dead body that was in a scorching hot car for 7 hours, you would change your mind. :(
I've had the unfortunate experience of just that and I can smell it now, as I type. It was horrific.

I would imagine that, even though the time in the car was about 7 hours, some small amount of decomp had taken place. Even the slightest hint can be detected by the human nose, it's that distinct.

My sister once had to help clean a house where her husband's uncle had died and wasn't discovered for a couple of weeks. All I got to experience was the "aroma" absorbed by her clothing. I'll never forget it, though. I can even smell it through the floral aroma funeral homes use.

When disposing of possessions, she gave my husband some videos. We had to toss them because the cardboard boxes reeked of death. They weren't even in the same room with the deceased.

Yeah but if your significant other killed you child, would one of the first things out of your mouth be, "Did you say TOO much?"
Somehow, I doubt it.

Been thinking about this. I wonder if you might if the person you are speaking with has a habit of bragging about past association with law enforcement and is always giving advice to people about not taking DUI field sobriety tests etc. That sort of person may also be telling people to lawyer up when police try to interview you so you won't dig holes.

If talking to someone like that, I could see another asking them "well, did you say too much?"

I was thinking he wanted his friends to expect to arrive at the theatre slightly before him and yet wanted to get there to scope out the parking lot before they arrived so he could then pull up next to where they were parking and "discover" Cooper in front of him. But had to abort that plan because Cooper, in death, was uncooperative and was too smelly to drive the distance and do the recon RH wanted to. Therefore he bailed on that plan just like he bailed on "discovering" Cooper in front of those same friends at lunchtime with the lightbulb business because Cooper wasn't cooperative enough to be dead enough at that time.

See how terribly inconvenient that baby was to him? <please note the liberal sarcasm>

Yes, I think the same about his missed opportunities. I think the friend that dropped him off to put the light bulbs in his car left abruptly. You know, JRH gets out shuts the door and friend pulled off and left. I do wonder if he was trying to make it to the theater and the smell overwhelmed him to pull over tires screeching to a stop with him baling out of the car, oh my god, oh my god, and the people came running.

Why even say more than Mom was at work, if she worked outside of the home? It is weird phrasing.

This case just breaks my heart...how this little boy suffered. For no reason other than his parents wanted to be child free. JMO

You obviously know yourself better than I do but I highly doubt that you would give a rat's *advertiser censored** about legal rights if your baby was dead.

IDK, maybe it's just me.

Like I said, my scenario is an accidental death. And yes, even though I lost one baby I would be doing everything I can to protect the rest of my family. And that includes utilizing basic legal rights.

Some of us of been talking about grief and how people handle it. One poster said that she doesn't break down, she goes into crisis mode. I'm the same way. I don't show emotions very well. You can tell if I'm happy or excited about something but if I'm upset or hurt or angry, you probably won't know. Drives my wife crazy... because it's not just about not showing those feelings, it's about not communicating them at all. And I'm lucky as hell she loves me enough to be so understanding about something that causes her endless grief. I can communicate those emotions with perfect strangers but I physically cannot do it with her. No words will come out.

But please believe that I would grieve. And it would be extremely ugly, messy, and chaotic. Because it would happen when I literally cannot hold it in anymore. But it would personal, not for the whole world to see.

And I was made that way. Coping mechanisms from long ago. You can probably figure it out...

I don't know if this answers your question or why I'm that way, but I tried.

Do day cares call when a child fails to show? If they did that could be very damning evidence if either mom or dad got a call or voicemail and it was ignored....

Been thinking about this. I wonder if you might if the person you are speaking with has a habit of bragging about past association with law enforcement and is always giving advice to people about not taking DUI field sobriety tests etc. That sort of person may also be telling people to lawyer up when police try to interview you so you won't dig holes.

If talking to someone like that, I could see another asking them "well, did you say too much?"
I totally understand where you and the OP can see that happening for some other reason, but I just can't. When your (generally speaking) child is dead, most people don't care one iota about legal ramifications or the like.

I would be screaming at him for killing my baby! (Justified or not)
Not worrying about what he said or didn't say to LE. There should be raw emotion there and there wasn't. Her own mother said so. That's all I meant.

I totally understand where you and the OP can see that happening for some other reason, but I just can't. When your (generally speaking) child is dead, most people don't care one iota about legal ramifications or the like.

Not worrying about what he said or didn't say to LE. There should be raw emotion there and there wasn't. Her own mother said so. That's all I meant.
And her own mother should know her better than anyone, and even she was surprised that LH wasn't showing any emotion.

Where I'm from "works out of the home" means that person works from the home. Whatever that's worth.

Okay. But that did not happen. So, plan B? Hence the I'm going to be late communication.

And her own mother should know her better than anyone, and even she was surprised that LH wasn't showing any emotion.

Not even any fake emotion that we could dissect later...to see if it seemed genuine.
I cannot imagine thinking about legalities at such a time. My nephew was in a bad accident last night, his roommate was killed...no parent was asking whose fault the accident was, believe me. Not then.

Pleas know many times when I throw out a possible explanation for an odd behavior it is simply my need to play devil's advocate. I find that comment extremely odd and cannot envison myself saying it. Unless maybe I was a resentful wife of an NPD whose life was expected to be devoted to propping up a big man with LMS. I might then see me saying something like that sarcastically in resentment. Mr. Big stuff telling people to lawyer up and refuse breathalysers thought he was too smart to take his own advice and now hes gone and implicated himself.

Again, just sort of tossing things around in my own head trying to figure out where I sit with LH and her involvement level.

Wonder if LH mom had mother's intuition that there was something they were not telling her. I know I would be a hysterical wreck and my mother would be in shock if I did not act that way. If LH normally held her emotions in mom maybe would not have said that.

It seems like in all these cases where lack of emotion is brought up, ie Scott Peterson, etc, there is plenty of evidence to conclude that the person is in fact guilty. The lack of emotion is bc they in fact did it OR they are sociopaths. Casey anthony was one of the only cases I recall where lack of emotion was a key part of the case where the jury acquitted and most of America disbelieved that jury's verdict and Casey is in effect in her own jail now as she cannot leave her house.

Where I'm from "works out of the home" means that person works from the home. Whatever that's worth.

Thanks, TorisMom003! Where I'm from, it means the exact opposite, lol. Interesting to see how different people take it different ways. I guess we'll find out eventually.

Way behind as usual....

I believe Stoddard said that she works "out of the home" which means outside of the home, not from the home. Does that make sense?

Going to catch up.

IMO&#8230;out of the home is a home office&#8230;not a cubicle to report to. She had appointments and was on location during the day meeting her clients.

Marking spot in new forum ..still skeered to use computer as Tapatalk on phone is the same :giggle:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

That's why I was so confused....
So, she really didn't even need daycare.....IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I gathered from it is that she worked from home in the sense that she traveled to third-party locations directly from her home and didn't have an office, per se. Similar to an in-home health care worker, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa