GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all! I am on pins and needles hoping this is "something" I do realize that if Tara's remains are found in this lake that there is likely no clues with it. It has been almost 10 years BUT having remains is certainly closure. IMO oh sweet Tara, I hope this brings answers! The fact they are currently investigating makes me happy!!!

Hoping they find something as well! Not 100% certain if this is the pond they are searching but the only reference to Satilla I find in Fitzgerald is Satilla St.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...2!3m1!1s0x88f1c1f952ca9beb:0x87a61cef3e654d6e

I know the searchers scoured in and around Ocilla GA for months and even years but I wonder how much time they put into nearby Fitzgerald? That's the town in which she attended the beauty pageant that fateful Saturday night.

cough cough marcus harper cough cough ... weren't allowed to search his parents ranch property either infact gun shots were fired at some searchers when attempting to search there.

The article says they have a warrant to search the pond. Don’t they have to have a reason to get a warrant? Wonder what it was.

Assuming I have the location of the pond correct, it is located 11 miles north of Tara's house.

This was just added to the article about 10 minutes ago:

They placed a submarine into the pond, which was able to detect evidence on the bottom of it.

This is starting to sound promising.

really starting to also sound like they allready know what they are gonna find ...somebody has started talking...?

The article says they have a warrant to search the pond. Don’t they have to have a reason to get a warrant? Wonder what it was.

Not sure if we can post hearsay but I "heard" (my family lives in Fitzgerald and Cochran, GA) that the man arrested for the Runion couple's murder "gave them information" this is NOT confirmed and is just a rumor I heard.

I guess anything is possible. IF this is true it seems more likely he would have heard this information from somewhere else rather than being involved directly.

I guess anything is possible. IF this is true it seems more likely he would have heard this information from somewhere else rather than being involved directly.

He would have been 17-18 at the time since he is 28 now. I will have to see if I can find any reason to link him to TG since we can't sleuth anyone who isn't a suspect.

If it's on Topix it has to be true. :laughing: But IF this is true, unless he's just coming completely clean so he can sleep at night his motivation would seem to be a possible plea bargain in exchange for evidence of another crime.

http://www.wfxl.com/news/story.aspx?id=1161987

They used a small sonar unit that went into the water too see if any evidence was located in the pond. Ricketson said while the unit was submerged in the pond they came across a couple of items that looked interesting to them. As of right now, they can't reveal what those items are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The age would be right for a student but I think I read where Towns grew up on a family farm near McRae? That's almost an hour away from Ocilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne