GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
GBI is the problem, they have failed this case year after year

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

So if Dykes could have done something to Tara, why isn't the ex-bf, MH, making any noise? If our comments are any indication, a lot of folks believe whoever did this was someone familiar with crime scenes and investigations. So he would likely have made the same connection. OR vice versa. I can't find much of anything on MH except for one or two interviews. Nothing on HD.

Harper is the person who has been looked at the most and has been interviewed twice on national TV. You will find no comments by Dykes on this case

Half *advertiser censored* policing. Thats why. Cops interview suspects that 90% of the time are dumb enough to instantly allow them to take them down any road they want, allow them to draw conclusions etc, and eventually are pressured enough to make them confess. Sometimes the cops make it fit with the one they feel is guilty instead of where the evidence takes them. I.E...Steven Avery the first time. Dykes is a cop. He would never even agree to be questioned without a lawyer. He would never admit to anything, and he knows they have nothing. It has been 10 years + and they haven't charged anyone. They need to beat the bushes and obtain search warrants to his stuff. To do this, they need a judge to give them the proper documents to search and that would mean that Dykes would have to still have evidence laying around. Not likely...once again, he is a pro. Forensics are the only way this one gets solved. They could find Tara and forensics would still be the only way to figure it out. They need to apply that pressure to Dykes. Until GBI does that, this case will continue to grow colder and colder INHO.

I totally agree with you, and since Georgia is a closed criminal records state impossible to ever obtain Dykes phone records or even Tara's

I'm not seeing how it looks like she went willingly. The lamp bedside her bed was smashed and the alarm clock was tossled onto the floor under the bed with the hrs all off like it had been hastily plugged back in. The neighbors who were used to her habits say they didn't see her lamp in her bedroom on since Friday night, which was her signal to them that she was ok when she got home from somewhere. That doesn't sound willingly to me.

Maybe the power had been turned off at the circuit breaker before she got home from pageant. Someone known to her entered her home while she was at pageant, turned off circuit breaker so that upon arriving home Tara wouldn't be able to have any lights. Then, she was cracked over the head with the lamp. The lamp was "cracked" according to sister on Nancy Grace episode, not shattered.

After straightening up the area, missing the alarm clock under the bed which had remained plugged in the entire time the power was off, the perp flipped the circuit breaker back on before removing Tara from her home.

Haven't revisited the thread in its entirety, so my theory may be full of leaks.
Just a stab in the dark.

Tara actually arrived home and changed clothes, so power was on, plus Halloween lights still on outside

One thing they mentioned was the black truck.....which is good, the black truck is the key. Forget the glove,the lamp, phone etc....several witnesses seen the black truck..who is the owner? Maybe a pic of potential perps can be shown to the neighbors that seen the dude in the Chevy truck or near the parked black truck. Chevy Black truck is the perp or knows what happened.

O.K. Good to know (better late than never)! [By that I mean that I didn't capture the date of this post, but it was from last year. I'm just now reading it, maybe for the first time.)

Didn't Tara's sister mention that Tara took care of her clothes and would have never just left them lying in the floor ? Perhaps , her abductor was already in her home, had the breaker flipped to off.....he possibly grabbed gaining control of Tara as she was going to the breaker...OR , was hiding wherever the breaker box was located, flipped it off as she was changing her clothes and rushed her, a struggle ensued knocking the lamp and clock off the table and breaking the broken beads that were later found.....

A flipped breaker would definitely account for the clock being off for several hours....

All this time I've been thinking about that glove and thinking if it was a plant where would they get it and I think medical or LE. But it occurred to me today, mechanics use them now as well. That really widens the field if it was a plant.

Of course, if this was actually a glove used by whoever abducted Tara, well, you can but those just about anywhere.

Whoever did this wasn't just lucky, this was well planned. It also still has me thinking that it was someone she knew. To the best of our knowledge there were no other crimes like this in the general area so not a serial killer so that also makes me believe it was personal. They wanted Tara and only Tara.

Using your logic law enforcement uses the same type latex gloves

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Checking in. I wish HD would be called in for questioning or they find some sort of physical evidence. In my head, I think about when I was TG's age dating. I think about how crazy and irrational things would be in relationships. My thoughts all along have been somewhere along the lines of... TG still loved MH desparatly. HD was obsessed with her. So that night he calls and wants to see her. She says no and he shows up right after she gets home. She tells him she still loves MH and wants to end the affair. HD can't take it. He then plants evidence, including the money and car seat pushed back, to throw this off.

OK I know there are holes in my theory but it is only because love can cause sane people to lose their ****.

Checking in. I wish HD would be called in for questioning or they find some sort of physical evidence. In my head, I think about when I was TG's age dating. I think about how crazy and irrational things would be in relationships. My thoughts all along have been somewhere along the lines of... TG still loved MH desparatly. HD was obsessed with her. So that night he calls and wants to see her. She says no and he shows up right after she gets home. She tells him she still loves MH and wants to end the affair. HD can't take it. He then plants evidence, including the money and car seat pushed back, to throw this off.

OK I know there are holes in my theory but it is only because love can cause sane people to lose their ****.

I don't know about MH as a person, but Tara seemed like she was still in love with him. As much as I see him capable of doing something to Tara without leaving evidence I don't see a motive. In the beginning he was my main suspect. But now I lean towards HD. In any event, I don't see this as a stranger abduction. This just seems like someone Tara knew. Someone that if they came by she would open the door.

I haven't seen mention of it here, but there WAS a suspected serial killer in Ocilla decades prior to Tara's disappearance. He was suspected of three women's murders (between 1971 and 1987) and had a criminal history of violence against women. He died in 2008 in Tift County, a neighboring county to Irwin County/Ocilla.

This man was alleged to have strangled a woman named Cheryl Fletcher to death on October 29, 1985 in Ocilla. Tara's disappearance was October 22, 2005 -- one week shy of exactly 20 years later.

Yes, he isn't involved

Highly unlikely that this was a stranger crime

She was on the cell phone most of the time while at the BBQ

H.D. was at her house when the former student showed up at her door. I find it odd that the student would be brazen enough to do that while she had company, unless his car was not parked at her home? Did he hide his car when he visited? It's odd he made an appearance at her place of employment and she left upset after his visit. I find it bizarre that you would call someone 20+ times because you were concerned about them, then drive an hour to go check on them (from what I've read at the request of her family), see her car in the driveway but she doesn't answer the door? I would think at that point anyone would have been alarmed enough to call her parents and ask permission to enter her house, suggest they come and enter themselves, or immediately call the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona