GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be the missing link to this whole thing! Did your friend give a description of the man to the LE??

The kid who witnessed the black truck and who told the investigator working for Gattis, information was turned over to GBI and basically nothing done

Do you think that her room was staged? Phone in cord, her clothes laid out.... that whole thing with the light not being turned on made me think that her room plus glove was staged.

How do we know the black truck was never investigated?

I had posted Tara's case on a very small group on FB that for various good reason's we had worked 1 case so long and hard some almost felt like true family members and we all remain very close to this very day, some of the group live in the lower parts of Georgia and upper Florida so it was like 3 days before this lady that has the rental home out from Tara's ever posted 1 word under Tara's case so I IM'D her and asked if she cared if I shared this info. on another forum we had been discussing Tara's case on and I did tell her I was going to call Ocillia PD, she had no objections at all for me doing so (that alone tells me it was the pure truth or she would have objected to me calling and etc.) I could go into a long story on this truck, but it would probably be deleted so all I will say is the LE in Ocillia or Ocilla was NOT interested at all or that was the impression that came across to me plus they did ask a few more questions when I proceeded to tell them we had been discussing this case in detail (as much as is known ) in a group for about 2 months at the time and that we had some questions and different info. that seemed to have not been brought out in this case....if I am remembering correctly they gave the phone to a lady and she did take what info. I had, thanked me for calling and that was about all there was to it......Never heard 1 word back and there seemed to be no big concern to them about a black truck being seen at her home

and on the FB page for Tara I follow also, her story was or had aired that same week I had went in to follow up to check for new info. 1 lady had posted something that just blew my mind away (but I know we are not allowed to bring other info. from these sites here) she was asked to verify her post by the person (I'm assuming Tara's sister) that is over that page, let me say I searched high and low, all search engines I know of on a computer, newspapers in or near Ocilla but never found the article she posted she had read, but 1 other person said they had also read the article but could not remember how long or where it came out from?????????......so here I go posting what I feel and some things I know to be a fact on that page also, I also was questioned a lot on things I posted but when it got to the "black truck" the person over this page was I feel a little surprised that there was some information that would back it up as TRUTH......she gave several links where a black or dark-colored truck had been seen at, or near Tara's residence that same night but she said LE had no evidence or sightings to back any of this up, so they more or less in my thinking had dismissed there was any truth to a truck being near her house
but when she knew my friend could back all this up by almost getting run over that same early morning I just feel it began to change some minds and now we have the above posts that someone also knows of a black truck at Tara's home..........................She did posts on the page that each and every word that had been posted on that page the evening we were all discussing the show it was on that night and about other things was being taken off and GBI was getting all the information posted there.....I feel that was a positive thing, but there has not been 1 word as far as I know or this date released of it being new, old, nothing on a black truck---but that also could be a good thing...perhaps they knew a very good suspect that perhaps drove a black truck or could be a lot more.......I have always felt Tara's case could be solved but in a strange sort of way, I feel some things will have to almost be STOPPED from going forward, and move backwards to events and people that was anywhere near her the night or early morning she disappeared......In MOO, I simply do not feel any of the men that was close to her did this, even though 1 sure looks suspicious but way down gut feeling tells me it is or was not him and I know we have been all over the place on POI'S in recent months and even years, but I just feel this is someone that had watched Tara for sometime for a reason I feel may shock us all (if they ever do catch him) be it fascination, grudge, or a strange type of jealousy......and I feel this person may have well stalked Tara for awhile, some posts back talked of her being abused perhaps, I feel this person abused her in a different way, I would love to be able to see all her phone records, was there ever phone calls that came at weird hours of day or night??? Was she ever out perhaps shopping, looked up and saw someone following her in a car, walking a long distance behind her in a store, or maybe as simple as riding by her home at various times that seemed odd or out of order??...We may never know this, but if there was a stalker type person I would hope that Tara would have said something to a friend or family member that perhaps she thought little things were happening in her life that seemed strange to her.......I think of this case so often and hope each day that someone may remember something that will pull this case together and soon someone will be arrested and held accountable for what they have done---her family has waited way too long as it is

bucshunter, I hope this answered your question about the black truck--don't think it had ever been investigated and even if it has now, it would be only because of what has been posted
recently here and 1 other small group

Is there a particular reason why this truck has not been looked into? It seems like that would be a huge possible clue to just over look... also just a random thought i think i read somewhere that her ex was doing a ride along with an officer friend? is that correct? if so is this something that was typical or ever done? just thinking of different possiblities if i ask things that have already been answered plz forgive me i'm new to tara's thread and i have tried to read up but there is so much i easily could have over looked or missed something

Sadly, the black truck isn't a new clue - here is a transcript of a Nancy Grace episode that had a story on it 6 months after TG disappeared (3 sightings by 3 different people at 3 different times around when she vanished):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/27/ng.01.html

"Well, Nancy, we had heard early on about neighbors of Tara`s who saw a dark vehicle in her yard early Monday morning when they went to the convenient store. This person was interviewed by GBI police. I don`t know what they chalked that experience up to, you know, not really sure why they didn`t pursue that any further.

We`ve also found out that a teenager who saw the car had verbal contact and some profanity was exchanged. So I can understand why he`s been a little hesitant, plus he was here visiting with a neighbor who had moved a few weeks after Tara disappeared. So we had some issues in tracking him down.

While we were tracking that kid down, we found a 23-year-old man who saw the vehicle here at another point. Now, I want to make it clear: The vehicle was not here all weekend; it evidently was coming and going and came without being noticed and drawing a lot of attention, so we`re wondering if it was a vehicle that had been here before, someone that knew Tara."

Ocilla, GA. is such a tiny little town....people notice when someone new is hanging around.

Sadly, the black truck isn't a new clue - here is a transcript of a Nancy Grace episode that had a story on it 6 months after TG disappeared (3 sightings by 3 different people at 3 different times around when she vanished):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/27/ng.01.html

"Well, Nancy, we had heard early on about neighbors of Tara`s who saw a dark vehicle in her yard early Monday morning when they went to the convenient store. This person was interviewed by GBI police. I don`t know what they chalked that experience up to, you know, not really sure why they didn`t pursue that any further.

We`ve also found out that a teenager who saw the car had verbal contact and some profanity was exchanged. So I can understand why he`s been a little hesitant, plus he was here visiting with a neighbor who had moved a few weeks after Tara disappeared. So we had some issues in tracking him down.

While we were tracking that kid down, we found a 23-year-old man who saw the vehicle here at another point. Now, I want to make it clear: The vehicle was not here all weekend; it evidently was coming and going and came without being noticed and drawing a lot of attention, so we`re wondering if it was a vehicle that had been here before, someone that knew Tara."

Your right not a new clue..but was it looked at very hard by LE? That is what I would like to know.

Wasn't the investigator threatened around the time he found out(from the 3 witnesses) about the Chevrolet. truck? Was he getting too close to finding out the truth or headed in the direction?

Wasn't the investigator threatened around the time he found out(from the 3 witnesses) about the Chevrolet. truck? Was he getting too close to finding out the truth or headed in the direction?

BBM I wasn't aware of that. Do you have a link that I could read?

BBM I wasn't aware of that. Do you have a link that I could read?

check post 434 on this thread...also tarhillslim provided a link a few posts up that talks about it and the truck. You will have to scroll down some.

Chevrolet truck? Is there a link to this? I didn't know the type of truck had been mentioned.

That whole stalker theory would make a lot of sense with that friend of hers that came by the house and dropped his business card at the front door and then called her a bunch of times the day after. Maybe she confided in him about this person whom she may have been paranoid about.

If you know tara for a couple of years now, and you send 22 voicemails to her phone, why in the world would you leave a business card in her front door???? ask yourself is that normal?

this same person, and i am talking about Perry Police captain Heath Dykes, also visited a friend , a friend that he had not seen in years. This would have no significance, if it wasnt for Tara vanishing that same weekend. Now the GBI knows this, they just might not have enough evidence to make an arrest.

Definitely not normal lol but maybe he wanted to rep himself that way towards the investigators as the "concerned friend" I don't know if they knew the depth of their "friendship"

i think he did it because, his name was going to come out in the investigation sooner or later. He was having an affair with her. If you accept that premise that he didnt do it, then that means he totally missed the glove at her front yard. I know it was dark, but he is trained to find those things. I dont know, I just find it weird that he puts himself in the house of a missing woman, he must have bad luck.

Did HD own a black truck? Hard to believe he was in and out calling this and that.. at the same time the black truck is in and out through out the day/weekend. He barely missed the perp or he is the perp, or knows the perp...no if ands or buts..point blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname