GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
all4tara said:
*BUMP*Has anyone heard/seen anything new?

All appears quiet. I've heard no statements. It's eerie that few are talking, there are no updates, nor is there new information posted online. LE and GBI are closed-mouth. Very different than many of the cases profiled on web sites.

This is from findtara.com

BREAKING NEWS!
Tara Grinstead's family confirmed this week that they will be working exclusively with Carla Baron and CourtTV on Carla's new series, "Haunting Evidence". Carla Baron is a nationally known psychic profiler. She has talked with Tara's brother-in-law, Larry, and extensively with Anita, Tara's sister over the past 10 days. Based on those conversations, she feels that she can definitely benefit the investigation into Tara's disappearence. On Valentine's Day, the family was contacted by Tim Robbins of Departure Films, the production company for "Haunting Evidence" to start the plans in motion. Liz Tracy, also of Departure Films, has visited Ocilla. They plan on arriving on March 20th and will be filming the show on the 21st and 22nd. Tara's mother, Faye Grinstead, is especially grateful for this opportunity to work with Ms. Baron in hopes that her daughter will be found. Further information on Carla may be found at www.carlabaron.net.

Trino said:
All appears quiet. I've heard no statements. It's eerie that few are talking, there are no updates, nor is there new information posted online. LE and GBI are closed-mouth. Very different than many of the cases profiled on web sites.

Remember how quiet GBI was on SueAnn Ray's case? Granted it took longer than we would have wished for but the husband and father in law have been arrested. Look at Janet March's case too...sometimes it takes a while to unfold.But you know what makes me happy....is that they aren't getting away with their crimes. They have some time to suffer in solitude about what they have done but in the end justice will prevail. This is because of prosecutors in counties not because of the Bush administration.Lowly paid prosecutors, lowly paid health care professionals and people who make a difference. This isn't Enron and this isn't Dubai with megamillion bucks and a Cheney smilie face.This is people who do the work.

I guess I'm not much in favor of psychics, but I suppose a person will go to any extent to find a missing loved one.

With the Holloway case, although there was much misinformation, there was news. In other cases LE gave daily or weekly news briefings, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Tara's disappearance. I just wish we knew, at least, what LE and GBI are doing and could debate more about this case. Sometimes websleuthers have ideas that perhaps LE hasn't considered.

concernedperson said:
Remember how quiet GBI was on SueAnn Ray's case? Granted it took longer than we would have wished for but the husband and father in law have been arrested. Look at Janet March's case too...sometimes it takes a while to unfold.But you know what makes me happy....is that they aren't getting away with their crimes. They have some time to suffer in solitude about what they have done but in the end justice will prevail. This is because of prosecutors in counties not because of the Bush administration.Lowly paid prosecutors, lowly paid health care professionals and people who make a difference. This isn't Enron and this isn't Dubai with megamillion bucks and a Cheney smilie face.This is people who do the work.

Sometimes while LE is still collecting evidence and putting all of the puzzle pieces together the killer starts to get comfortable and messes up like SueAnn Ray's husband did by telling someone where he buried SueAnn.

I agree. Sometimes it's best when it gets quiet. It's tough for all of us who want more details, more info, but often this is when police are gathering the most important info. When a suspect feels like the police are at a loss, that is when he/she starts to slip up and BAM! he gets caught. Laying low gives LE time to focus on the facts, investigate more meticulously. If they have to stop and start all of the time to update the media, the momentum can slow down. This case isn't going away. People like Nancy Grace and all of Tara's family won't let that happen. Don't worry. It might take some time, but his case will be solved. Hang in there and pray.

Oh and I hope it gets solved soon I feel so bad for all involved here. I read on another Tara board that her dog is still in her back yard. Someone asked why it was left back there and it was said that Taras sister made that decision. Do any of you have any pretty good thoughts on to who is responsible for this? I am leaning towards X-BF or maybe even someone who was jealous of her? She is a beautiful girl with alot going for her. Brains and Beauty can bring out the worst in ugly duckings if you know what I mean...Also I looked up X-BF's info. and he is in the Army Reserves rank is E-4. (CPL) if its the right person, is his middle name Theo?

dulcinea said:
I agree. Sometimes it's best when it gets quiet. It's tough for all of us who want more details, more info, but often this is when police are gathering the most important info. When a suspect feels like the police are at a loss, that is when he/she starts to slip up and BAM! he gets caught. Laying low gives LE time to focus on the facts, investigate more meticulously. If they have to stop and start all of the time to update the media, the momentum can slow down. This case isn't going away. People like Nancy Grace and all of Tara's family won't let that happen. Don't worry. It might take some time, but his case will be solved. Hang in there and pray.

This may be a crazy thought, but does anyone think the perpetrator could be an angry parent of a beauty contestant (who may have thought Tara had influence in the outcome of the beauty pageant).......and their child didn't win. . . . . .JUST A THOUGHT.......

GeorgiaPeach said:
This may be a crazy thought, but does anyone think the perpetrator could be an angry parent of a beauty contestant (who may have thought Tara had influence in the outcome of the beauty pageant).......and their child didn't win. . . . . .JUST A THOUGHT.......
This day and age anything is possible. I highly doubt it though.

GeorgiaPeach said:

Not a crazy thought but I doubt it. Some are holding on to the speculation that she left of her own accord. I doubt this too. I think MH is the cause and he knew her devastation level and used it for emotional outbursts and then her ultimate demise.

The only reason I thought that it was a possibility is because she disappeared shortly after a pageant (either that night or the next day).

I believe more the theory that her ex-boyfriend was involved.

GeorgiaPeach said:
The only reason I thought that it was a possibility is because she disappeared shortly after a pageant (either that night or the next day).

Ditto.

GeorgiaPeach said:

I know that some of the girls came to her house and she helped them get ready for the pageant but I don't know if she anything more to do with it...like judging or something like that. My money is still on the ex-boyfriend. He had gotten pretty nasty calling her names if he saw her on the street, etc.
Must have had his back up about something.

Theo is the middle name.

Mygirlsadie said:
Oh and I hope it gets solved soon I feel so bad for all involved here. I read on another Tara board that her dog is still in her back yard. Someone asked why it was left back there and it was said that Taras sister made that decision. Do any of you have any pretty good thoughts on to who is responsible for this? I am leaning towards X-BF or maybe even someone who was jealous of her? She is a beautiful girl with alot going for her. Brains and Beauty can bring out the worst in ugly duckings if you know what I mean...Also I looked up X-BF's info. and he is in the Army Reserves rank is E-4. (CPL) if its the right person, is his middle name Theo?

I can confirm that she was not a judge at the pageant that night, she was there to watch the girls she had helped prepare for the pageant.

Bobbisangel said:
I know that some of the girls came to her house and she helped them get ready for the pageant but I don't know if she anything more to do with it...like judging or something like that. My money is still on the ex-boyfriend. He had gotten pretty nasty calling her names if he saw her on the street, etc.
Must have had his back up about something.

It is an interesting article. Thanks, PT. In reading through it Godwin mentions he hopes to get cell phone records from 1-2 of the men in Tara's life. Does he think they will just give it up to him? I am sure LE wouldn't volunteer that info.

concernedperson said:
It is an interesting article. Thanks, PT. In reading through it Godwin mentions he hopes to get cell phone records from 1-2 of the men in Tara's life. Does he think they will just give it up to him? I am sure LE wouldn't volunteer that info.

Wouldn't he be considered as working WITH LE?

Trino said:
Wouldn't he be considered as working WITH LE?

He was hired by the family not LE. Godwin did some mapping on his own when Louisiana had the tandem serial killers working in the Baton Rouge area. The newspapers printed the info but I understand LE wasn't working with him.In any event, I hope he is successful in his endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74