Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

They are about six miles apart and in vastly different areas of ATL, but they’re almost directly connected by Bolton Rd.

Dumb question probably but could it be a route someone might jog on?

Totally stretch speculation but could Tim have witnessed a crime taking place on Monday? The woman was reported missing on Tuesday and body found Wednesday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This matters. I cannot totally put a finger on why, but there's something to be said about this conflict between the police department and CDC.

I think so too. JMO.

I've been following this from the beginning. Socioeconomic status is in his favor to show up on the news and for people to volunteer for searches. However, something isn't adding up. I understand if his family wants to keep certain things private. In the long run though not being completely forthcoming when pleading with society to find their loved one... it's not going to help them. I followed a couple cases in my area and the family kept saying certain things but I knew of family members. I realized what the family was saying to the media wasn't the truth. At the end of the day I would rather be honest and do whatever it takes to find my son/daughter etc However though in my profession I've learned that sometimes family is naive about the real world. Families do not want to accept behavior that they didn't raise their child to live "like that". They don't want to believe their child would feel a certain way or suffer from mental illness. Not all people believe in pharmaceutical medicine to help someone dealing with an issue like depression or anxiety. Some parents believe that you just toughen up or pray on it. Based on what I've seen in the media with his father and his comments I believe he has certain expectations of his children. Someone out there that is close enough to the family knows something to shed a different light. It's not necessarily an expectation that they spill secrets but family dynamics information can help to think of ways people react and why they vanish. If it's not foul play and he's not listed as endangered...then what is it? I would rather put my pride to the side and do whatever it takes to find my child. I would've hired a private investigator weeks ago.

Completely agree. My gut says the family may be concerned about external perceptions of mental illness of their otherwise high achieving son. We’ve seen religion, tradition, family values etc. play this role in other cases - to the detriment of the missing family member who may have been frustrated and confused with their family’s response to their mental illness prior to going missing...

I wonder if she walked the dog for him ?

Perhaps she did. I feed my neighbor's cat two times a week.

But maybe not. Perhaps Timothy walked the dog after he got home from work. I remember reading that Bo was an older dog, ten years old?

Maybe not as frisky and therefore not needing to get out as much during the day.

I don't know. Just speculating...

JMO

Dumb question probably but could it be a route someone might jog on?

Totally stretch speculation but could Tim have witnessed a crime taking place on Monday? The woman was reported missing on Tuesday and body found Wednesday morning.

Not a dumb question! We’ve read that he is a runner, and it’s a pretty straight shot. But I would say no, because Bolton crosses over both I-285 and I-20 and is generally not very pedestrian friendly.

Has anyone found a complete transcript of the press conference? I would like to see all of the Atlanta Police statements about this case in context/in one place.

This case is truly vexing. It’s as frustrating as the Libbey and Abby case with the “Bridge Guy”.
it still amazes me that in this day and age, someone can apparently vanish into thin air.

Anyway as I’ve been saying, I wish that we knew more about TC’s whereabouts the weekend prior to Monday, (the last time that he was seen). He had called in sick that Thursday and Friday. Was he in bed all weekend? Did he ventur outside of his home? Was he on SM? Did he walk his dog?

I’m not a parent, so I apologize in advance if I’m out of line here. I cannot imagine the pain and the anguish that these poor people are going through.

But my gut tells me that the parents know more about TC’s emotional state of mind during the days leading up to his disappearance then they let on. And they owe it to their son to share with the public everything that was said in those conversations (including not only what he said but also how he said it). I feel like they’re holding back his true state of mind for fear of...I don’t know of what. Maybe of invading his privacy? Perhaps their worried that he might not come home if he’s embarrassed.

JMHOO

But would really love to know about his weekend activites!

Honestly, he might be like my husband. It's not flattering to say but he's not a people person. He will help out any neighbor at any time, but he does not initiate contact on his own as a rule.

If they're all outside, he speaks and is friendly but I promise you, he does NOT have any of their phone numbers. He knows I DO, so he doesn't worry about it. He also is not the least bit concerned that I have all of the phone numbers.

Too, as long as one person has the contact information, why would both people need it?

JMO

Your husband sounds like mine, as i said way up the thread, if Timothy had said to my husband to delete it, hed have just said Ok but when he got inside id be the one saying who, why,what.
Im glad there are others who dont find the neighbours suspicious, im usually cynical but they dont raise any red flags for me.
My first thought was that maybe Mr Bo barked when Timothy was at work, and the neighbours used to ring him.

Is it odd that he’s not listed in NamUS or is that pretty common?

"Initially posted by SolR1.

This matters. I cannot totally put a finger on why, but there's something to be said about this conflict between the police department and CDC."

Speculation on my part, but I think it goes back to HIPAA violation and CDC is playing the CYA card. The difference of what CDC is saying and what LE is saying is minimal, just a matter of semantics. But when CDC was quoted by LE as saying that Tim didn't get the "promotion" he was up for and he had met with his supervisor to discuss the reasons why he was denied the "promotion" on the day he went missing...... that would be a violation of Tims privacy on the part of CDC and not anything that should be made public.

So instead, in my opinion, CDC is putting it back on Atlanta Police Dept by saying they (CDC) were misquoted. By CDC coming back and saying that TIm got promoted in 2017 to Commander and that he was an exemplary employee.... that is fact and not a HIPAA violation...... and it puts a more positive spin on Tim's work history. There are social media photos documenting his promotion ceremony and his title is "Commander" so that was already public knowledge before he went missing. I think, unfortunately, with Tim being gone for about a month and the possibility of suicide related to the stress of work related issues (not getting new position), CDC is attempting to soften Or back away from the public perception that CDC in any way "caused or lead to" his disappearance and final outcome (which could be death).

"Initially posted by SolR1.

This matters. I cannot totally put a finger on why, but there's something to be said about this conflict between the police department and CDC."

Speculation on my part, but I think it goes back to HIPAA violation and CDC is playing the CYA card. The difference of what CDC is saying and what LE is saying is minimal, just a matter of semantics. But when CDC was quoted by LE as saying that Tim didn't get the "promotion" he was up for and he had met with his supervisor to discuss the reasons why he was denied the "promotion" on the day he went missing...... that would be a violation of Tims privacy on the part of CDC and not anything that should be made public.

So instead, in my opinion, CDC is putting it back on Atlanta Police Dept by saying they (CDC) were misquoted. By CDC coming back and saying that TIm got promoted in 2017 to Commander and that he was an exemplary employee.... that is fact and not a HIPAA violation...... and it puts a more positive spin on Tim's work history. There are social media photos documenting his promotion ceremony and his title is "Commander" so that was already public knowledge before he went missing. I think, unfortunately, with Tim being gone for about a month and the possibility of suicide related to the stress of work related issues (not getting new position), CDC is attempting to soften Or back away from the public perception that CDC in any way "caused or lead to" his disappearance and final outcome (which could be death).

I agree. More so, there are a lot of educated and degree having people who would know what you are saying is the case. I think too, it was suggested for them (CDC) to make a public statement to get the articles out. I think him not getting the said (position and or promotion) was the factor was upsetting. I had asked in the earlier thread if post feedback was a requirement when someone didn't get a position/promotion at this facility. I speculated that he may have suggested it.
He is a high achiever and based on what we know he really didn't have anything else going on in his life on the up and up but work. I know people who are consumed with work to the point that they idolize it. I think them waiting about 2 weeks to state the difference is significant. I also have yet to see a rebuttal from the police. However, I doubt these seasoned detectives misheard or misinterpreted information given to them. The CDC did not clarify further the reason why he met with the supervisor, if not for the reason as indicated by the police department.

I listened again to the interview with his parents and they first mention the fact that they were aware of personal issues that he was going through then separately stated also there were professional things as well. It almost came across as a side note.

They also made a comment to the effect that nothing can change the love of a parent for a child.

This made me think whatever was going on personally was the main issue maybe...

Im wondering if someone else could have possibly lived at Tim's home with him, or before him.

Your husband sounds like mine, as i said way up the thread, if Timothy had said to my husband to delete it, hed have just said Ok but when he got inside id be the one saying who, why,what.
Im glad there are others who dont find the neighbours suspicious, im usually cynical but they dont raise any red flags for me.
My first thought was that maybe Mr Bo barked when Timothy was at work, and the neighbours used to ring him.

IDK if I find it suspicious. But I do wonder why he didn't just text the woman next door, and tell her to delete his number .

@nesha3782. LE / APD responded to the CDC statement by saying (not a direct quote) that they got their information from the CDC and they stand by their statement, and that all other work related questions will be referred to or answered by the CDC.

Edited: I just found the link below if you are interested.

https://www.11alive.com/mobile. OFFICIALS RELEASE CONFLICTING DETAILS ABOUT MISSING CDC SCIENTIST

The agency is pushing back on information released by police.

Author: Christopher Buchanan
Published: 03/12/18

"11Alive reached out to Atlanta Police about the CDC's statements and the agency is standing behind the information they released.
"Our information came directly from the CDC. Any further questions about Dr. Cunningham’s employment, or this statement issued by the CDC today, would need to be answered by the CDC," the statement read."

IDK if I find it suspicious. But I do wonder why he didn't just text the woman next door, and tell her to delete his number .

I'm not certain any of us can put ourselves in Timothy's shoes at the time he made the comment.

I don't believe though he was even thinking about the neighbors at all until the male neighbor appeared in view. Timothy was becoming engulfed in his emotional crisis.

Seeing the neighbor then spurred to his mind to throw out the off hand remark to tell his wife to delete his phone number from her phone. Timothy knew he wouldn't be needing it anymore. He was only telescoping his distress at that point.

I don't believe Timothy had any real concern about whether the neighbors had his phone number or not at that time. Texting her to delete his number would have never even entered his mind.

This wasn't something on his 'to-do' list. He was in crisis mode! It only demonstrated how quickly Timothy's state of mind was deteriorating, in my opinion...

JMO

Questions for people familiar with the area- If he took off without anything (wallet, phone, car, etc), how far could he have realistically gone?

If he did in fact harm himself, is it feasible that he wouldn’t be found yet?

This case is truly vexing. It’s as frustrating as the Libbey and Abby case with the “Bridge Guy”.
it still amazes me that in this day and age, someone can apparently vanish into thin air.

Anyway as I’ve been saying, I wish that we knew more about TC’s whereabouts the weekend prior to Monday, (the last time that he was seen). He had called in sick that Thursday and Friday. Was he in bed all weekend? Did he ventur outside of his home? Was he on SM? Did he walk his dog?

I’m not a parent, so I apologize in advance if I’m out of line here. I cannot imagine the pain and the anguish that these poor people are going through.

But my gut tells me that the parents know more about TC’s emotional state of mind during the days leading up to his disappearance then they let on. And they owe it to their son to share with the public everything that was said in those conversations (including not only what he said but also how he said it). I feel like they’re holding back his true state of mind for fear of...I don’t know of what. Maybe of invading his privacy? Perhaps their worried that he might not come home if he’s embarrassed.

JMHOO

But would really love to know about his weekend activites!

( BBM )

With all due respect, and I know your heart is in the right place here, but I do not agree with the statement I've bolded. In my opinion, the family owes this information to LE only. No one else.

From the media interviews, his father has stated that this is exactly what they have done. They have shared everything with LE.

I do believe it's an invasion of Timothy's and their privacy to reveal any of it to the public. We're not LE. Though we'd like to know, we're not entitled to it. Their personal conversations are not really going to help US find Timothy. They will be invaluable to LE.

I try to read between the lines of all news articles. That is why I don't believe this is foul play. Though I would wish for more clarification, I'm going to trust that LE is handling this the best they can.

Not meaning to put down your post at all. You made some really good points and I'm glad you're here. Please keep sharing your thoughts...

JMO

Questions for people familiar with the area- If he took off without anything (wallet, phone, car, etc), how far could he have realistically gone?

If he did in fact harm himself, is it feasible that he wouldn’t be found yet?

There are several MARTA bus stops within walking distance of his house. He could've had a Breeze card or cash, I guess. Buses will take you to the trains. There are also quite a few other neighborhoods within walking distance, and you are in Cobb County/OTP within just a few miles. (ITP = inside the 285 perimeter / OTP = outside the perimeter in ATL speak :))

IMO, the answer to your last question is yes. Since he runs, I don't think he'd be opposed to traveling a good distance on foot. I mentioned some specific wooded areas before (namely Standing Peachtree Park), and @arta mentioned Crestlawn. Others have mentioned the rail yard. But in close proximity to his house, you also have: the old Bolton landfill, the water treatment plant, the old City of Atlanta incinerator (side note: super creepy), and most concerning to me for someone in crisis, the Chattahoochee River with several accessible bridges. This area is not nearly as densely populated as the rest of Atlanta, even though it's in town. There are huge areas to canvass.

Hope that helps!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back