Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

Regarding personal issues:
Although reportedly ‘close’ with his family, I wonder if Tim felt like a 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel among his family and a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] wheel with his siblings.
Perhaps he felt a need to delve into his ancestry.
I don’t recall reading anything about whether any of the children are adopted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Commander Cunningham had “a lot going on” personally and professionally, his father added, and his most recent conversation with his son had left him worried.

“The tone, and the numerous exchanges gave us reason to be concerned about Tim,” Terrell Cunningham said. “And I don’t know if it’s an instinct you have because it’s your child, but it was not a normal conversation and I was not comfortable.”

Although reportedly ‘close’ with his family, I wonder if Tim felt like a 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel among his family and a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] wheel with his siblings.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Commander Cunningham had “a lot going on” personally and professionally, his father added, and his most recent conversation with his son had left him worried.

“The tone, and the numerous exchanges gave us reason to be concerned about Tim,” Terrell Cunningham said. “And I don’t know if it’s an instinct you have because it’s your child, but it was not a normal conversation and I was not comfortable.”

I wondered about this too (exploring ancestry). My husband did this last year and received some quite shocking results. I just can’t see something like this causing Dr. Cunningham to abandon everything including his pup, especially since he already lived out of state from his family. Why not just shut them out? Not trying to knock your opinion, just thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I knew how to do it I might try some ancestry.com. I've just never been interested; too many skeletons in the closet I guess. People with "bad" genealogy tend to ignore it -- unless someone shoves their face in it. Discovering some things about your ancestery could send you right over the edge. IMO

If I knew how to do it I might try some ancestry.com. I've just never been interested; too many skeletons in the closet I guess. People with "bad" genealogy tend to ignore it -- unless someone shoves their face in it. Discovering some things about your ancestery could send you right over the edge. IMO
ETA: my dear friend from grade school (when she was 21) was told by a "helpful" relative that her deceased mother (who died when my friend was five) had actually committed suicide. Her relative believed she deserved to know the truth but the shock of learning this without being prepared sent my friend on a downward spiral into depression. She continues to struggle with mental illness even today.

So, there are things in your ancestry that could be powerful weapons. That was my point.

There’s a DNA test, you spit in a small container and send it in.

My husband’s (age 53) test revealed his dad is not his biological father. After talking to his mom about the results, he found out his biological father was from a guy she dated once at age 17 and was killed in a car accident in 1965.

He grieved a lot, was depressed, confused etc...

To your point, Han, everyone processes things differently. Maybe if someone has multiple things going on it could throw them into a downward spiral for sure.

I wish we knew if something like this was applicable in this case. We can’t speculate.

Wow, Han & mrstfs...some very sobering reality about delving into ancestry for some. So very sorry.

I'm open to any emotional or mental break triggering Timothy to flee. I must be in real deep denial -- I still cling to him possibly being holed up somewhere with a friend.

There was a case I was on where it looked increasingly hopeless, but I *always* believed the missing girl took off on her own and was alive. To me, all signs pointed to angst and pressure that I thought may make her "I have to be perfect" mindset just want to flee, unable to admit to loved ones how she was really doing/feeling. I saw her as someone in search of herself. However, there would be times I'd read posts and think, "I'm being so Pollyanna," and I stopped actively saying I believed she was alive, but I never lost that gut feeling. Turns out, she was very much alive and came home!

In this case, I am more confused than anything. But I am *not* feeling sure he is no longer with us. Denial? Maybe.

Wow, Han & mrstfs...some very sobering reality about delving into ancestry for some. So very sorry.

I'm open to any emotional or mental break triggering Timothy to flee. I must be in real deep denial -- I still cling to him possibly being holed up somewhere with a friend.

There was a case I was on where it looked increasingly hopeless, but I *always* believed the missing girl took off on her own and was alive. To me, all signs pointed to angst and pressure that I thought may make her "I have to be perfect" mindset just want to flee, unable to admit to loved ones how she was really doing/feeling. I saw her as someone in search of herself. However, there would be times I'd read posts and think, "I'm being so Pollyanna," and I stopped actively saying I believed she was alive, but I never lost that gut feeling. Turns out, she was very much alive and came home!

In this case, I am more confused than anything. But I am *not* feeling sure he is no longer with us. Denial? Maybe.

Thanks. Not denial IMO, I just don’t think we have enough to go on in this case.

Thanks. Not denial IMO, I just don’t think we have enough to go on in this case.

Yep, I agree. I'm out to scour the web again...for an crumb.

Nice pic, BTW.:rocker:

There’s a DNA test, you spit in a small container and send it in.

My husband’s (age 53) test revealed his dad is not his biological father. After talking to his mom about the results, he found out his biological father was from a guy she dated once at age 17 and was killed in a car accident in 1965.

He grieved a lot, was depressed, confused etc...

To your point, Han, everyone processes things differently. Maybe if someone has multiple things going on it could throw them into a downward spiral for sure.

I wish we knew if something like this was applicable in this case. We can’t speculate.

Tests like Ancestry will only show information about mitochondrial DNA --DNA from our mothers' side of the family. Nothing in the tests about paternal DNA. The test is not specific enough for an in depth analysis, imo.

Tests like Ancestry will only show information about mitochondrial DNA --DNA from our mothers' side of the family. Nothing in the tests about paternal DNA. The test is not specific enough for an in depth analysis, imo.

I believe you can buy Y-DNA tests as well. You can from FamilyTreeDNA.
You can also purchase different levels of testing, some of which get down into remarkable levels of detail.

?

I know very little about DNA, but there are a lot of similar stories.

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/gve83w/when-an-ancestry-test-tells-you-your-dad-isnt-your-dad

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...dna-tests-can-reveal-paternity-surprises.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blogs....-help-you-find-your-birth-parents-part-i/amp/

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jan/18/local/me-dnasurprise18

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/en/legal/us/faq#about-9
From link above, Ancestry FAQs
Autosomal DNA testing includes the other 22 pairs of chromosomes that aren’t the X or Y chromosome that determine your gender. Autosomal testing allows you to find family across all lines in your family tree. That means both men and women can take the test, and the results are not limited to just the direct maternal or paternal lines.

The AncestryDNA test analyzes your entire genome—all 23 pairs of chromosomes—as opposed to only looking at the Y-chromosome or mitochondrial DNA (which makes other types of tests gender specific). Your autosomal chromosomes carry genetic information from both your parents that’s passed down through the generations.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They test for both as of last year at least.

The Ancestry "spit in the tube " test is for mitochondrial, I believe. Also, this is not a paternity test, which is something very different , I think. I think 23 &me is a better test, but jmo. It is possible to have extensive DNA work done, sequencing one's genome, for example, which goes very deeply into things. But, it is done with a blood test, and costs around $1000.00 - $1500.00. In any case, I would think Tim knows his family well. jmo

Sorry to post twice. My husband just told me that Ancestry does now offer both ! ( Reading over my shoulder again :) So, you're quite right.

The Ancestry "spit in the tube " test is for mitochondrial, I believe. Also, this is not a paternity test, which is something very different , I think. I think 23 &me is a better test, but jmo. It is possible to have extensive DNA work done, sequencing one's genome, for example, which goes very deeply into things. But, it is done with a blood test, and costs around $1000.00 - $1500.00. In any case, I would think Tim knows his family well. jmo

I didn’t intend for this thread to go off track but AncestryDNA does autosomal testing not just mitochondrial https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Y-DNA-mtDNA-and-Autosomal-DNA-Tests

My husband took this test last year and determined he has a different biological father using the results and shared matches.

This was a very real result that happened to cause quite a shock in our household.

I have no idea if this applies in this case and don’t even think we should be speculating.

I won’t post again on this topic.

I took 2 DNA tests last year. I knew I was adopted and knew the identity of my birth mother. Found out due to one test she later gave birth to another child who she also put up for adoption. Found that my birth father also had fathered another child but that this one was born to him and his wife. This was through making contact with a birth family member. No one ever knew (including me) that my birth mother had this second child. To say that was a surprise was an understatement. There are more details to this story I am leaving out that are traumatic, but nothing that would cause me to self harm, if only out of concern for my dog, whom I love dearly.

The man in the story you reference who was shot and killed was a 29 year old man. I believe Timothy is 35 years old.

The longer Timothy is missing, the less hope I have that he will come home safely. I'm trying to remember the case of the missing mom from Texas, Michelle Boyd Roode or something like that. She disappeared on Thanksgiving and was gone for over a year. She was recently located (and arrested). My point is she voluntarily went missing, so I'm still hanging on to that small shred of hope that Tim is too and will come home. IMO

The longer Timothy is missing, the less hope I have that he will come home safely. I'm trying to remember the case of the missing mom from Texas, Michelle Boyd Roode or something like that. She disappeared on Thanksgiving and was gone for over a year. She was recently located (and arrested). My point is she voluntarily went missing, so I'm still hanging on to that small shred of hope that Tim is too and will come home. IMO

I followed that case for awhile. I thought she left on her own. I obviously was right.

Following this thread with hope, although it's getting less hopeful. Please come home safe, Timothy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back