GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wbrc.com/story/37529772/police-searching-for-missing-cdc-employee

In the link above the news reporter mentions that Timothy's father had met with Timothy either the day prior or week prior to his disappearance and Timothy seemed confused and bits of anger in his voice. Maybe Timothy was in the process of some mental breakdown but who knows.

I see nothing that mentions his father, confusion or anger in that link. Is that the correct link?

I'm not the one who posted the link, but it IS the correct one. The information from his father is not in the news article itself, but in the video.

It shows some brief footage of his father talking about Timothy. As siliconrod states in the quote above, the news reporter further states that the father had told them that Timothy seemed confused and had bits of anger in his voice.

However, it is very near the end of the video, so I can understand why it could have been easily missed...

Forgive me if I come across angry but it is because I am.

It is bad enough for anyone to post a link to a fake news site reporting a fake story about the government being behind the outbreak of the flu but how many of you QUOTED THE POST?????

Alert, PLEASE ALERT!!!!!

By quoting such a preposterous story you helped spread it around. So many people don't believe those sites are fake. You have seen these people all over social media.

Please, I am begging you. Do not ever quote a post that should be alerted on instead.

Thank you,
Tricia

Again, my apologies for coming across angry but sometimes it just gets to me.

updated photo:

tim.JPG_web.jpg

Timothy is an accomplished man who graduated from Morehouse and earned a master’s degree and doctorate from Harvard University. As an epidemic intelligence officer, Cunningham has been deployed for public health emergencies, including superstorm Sandy, Ebola and Zika.

It’s unusual for him not to contact family, his father said. "This is not normal, this is definitely out of the ordinary."

http://www.statesman.com/news/natio...appearance-not-normal/k2PlY1alVmNseHeieVYQUM/

Not only does his family need him back, we all do. He certainly is accomplished and doing a lot for the world.

I found out about this case because someone I follow on Twitter follows someone who knows him....yes, the connections of social media! I haven't heard of the case otherwise.

I hope he is found safe and soon.

jmo

Not only does his family need him back, we all do. He certainly is accomplished and doing a lot for the world.

I found out about this case because someone I follow on Twitter follows someone who knows him....yes, the connections of social media! I haven't heard of the case otherwise.

I hope he is found safe and soon.

jmo

Amen. We need more intelligent, capable people like him.

I'm surprised that I hadn't heard anything about this until I happened across a story on Facebook. You'd think this would get more press. I can't imagine how concerned his family must be. :(

Anterio Cunningham, Timothy's brother, said he couldn't see his brother leaving behind his job or valuables.

'My first mind is that something has happened especially considering the length of time he's been gone,' Anterio said to Fox 5 Atlanta.

'Not having his phone, leaving his dog Bo alone, he just wouldn't voluntarily check out like that.'

Cunningham also left behind his wallet and SUV before going missing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-missing-leaving-work-sick.html#ixzz57zpJTSZn

Do I understand he just received a promotion? In the working world of public servants...be careful of promotions. They either really like you or they're trying to get you out the door. Wonder if it was the second for him, and he felt the exit coming?

Tim is so accomplished that I keep thinking he is an older man gone missing. He is only 35! He is young, healthy and not a suicide risk (according to his family), not previously involved in drugs or criminal activity (so far as we know). So why is he missing? Does he have a wife and/or kids? He has a great career ahead of him. I pray he is in a hospital somewhere and just hasn't been able to tell doctors his name yet. Or maybe he had a midlife crisis and needed a break-- is 35 too young for that? He has an awesome career but maybe the recent promotion had him stressed. Maybe he is afraid of not living up to expectations of him in his new job. Or maybe the job led to stress in his personal life-- not enough time to spend with loved ones leads to interpersonal conflicts. Brilliant people like him often throw themselves into their work at the exclusion of all other things. Maybe he reached his breaking point (or someone else did first). Please be found safe, Tim! :please:

Cunningham's family told NBC News that they stayed in near constant contact with each other, and said that he and his sister spoke nearly every day. Cunningham's sister last spoke to him around 7 a.m. on Feb. 12, Cunningham's parents said.

"Tim had been in communication with us extensively on Sunday [Feb. 11], and I pinpoint Sunday because there were some exchanges via phone as well as text that alerted me to be concerned about our son," his father Terrell Cunningham said.

Cunningham's parents said they became increasingly worried when he did not return any texts or phone calls. They then had extended family members check on his house in Atlanta, which seemed empty despite two open windows — an alarming detail, as Cunningham's parents said their son was particularly environmentally conscious.

Increasingly worried, Cunningham's parents said they drove through the night from their Maryland home to Atlanta. When they entered their son's house, they said they found his phone, wallet, keys and car undisturbed. His beloved dog Beau also was also left at the home, they added.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...cunningham-went-missing-more-week-ago-n850721

Tim is so accomplished that I keep thinking he is an older man gone missing. He is only 35! He is young, healthy and not a suicide risk (according to his family), not previously involved in drugs or criminal activity (so far as we know). So why is he missing? Does he have a wife and/or kids? He has a great career ahead of him. I pray he is in a hospital somewhere and just hasn't been able to tell doctors his name yet. Or maybe he had a midlife crisis and needed a break-- is 35 too young for that? He has an awesome career but maybe the recent promotion had him stressed. Maybe he is afraid of not living up to expectations of him in his new job. Or maybe the job led to stress in his personal life-- not enough time to spend with loved ones leads to interpersonal conflicts. Brilliant people like him often throw themselves into their work at the exclusion of all other things. Maybe he reached his breaking point (or someone else did first). Please be found safe, Tim! :please:

Yes, he's incredibly accomplished. I agree that he seems older based on his education and career path. I have only seen mention of his parents, a brother, a sister, and his dog in the articles I've read. I have seen no mention of a wife, children, roommate, etc. I get the impression that he lives alone with his dog, but I'm not completely certain.

“There has been an outpouring of love from his neighbors and the community, but my main focus is just that my son returns home,” his mother Tia-Juana Cunningham said.

“Tim, if you see any of this information please know that you can come back home,” his mother added, speaking directly to her son. “We love and miss you. We just want you back in our arms.”

https://www.wxxv25.com/2018/02/23/cdc-employee-last-seen-11-days-ago-when-he-left-work-early/

Cunningham's family told NBC News that they stayed in near constant contact with each other, and said that he and his sister spoke nearly every day. Cunningham's sister last spoke to him around 7 a.m. on Feb. 12, Cunningham's parents said.

"Tim had been in communication with us extensively on Sunday [Feb. 11], and I pinpoint Sunday because there were some exchanges via phone as well as text that alerted me to be concerned about our son," his father Terrell Cunningham said.

Cunningham's parents said they became increasingly worried when he did not return any texts or phone calls. They then had extended family members check on his house in Atlanta, which seemed empty despite two open windows — an alarming detail, as Cunningham's parents said their son was particularly environmentally conscious.

Increasingly worried, Cunningham's parents said they drove through the night from their Maryland home to Atlanta. When they entered their son's house, they said they found his phone, wallet, keys and car undisturbed. His beloved dog Beau also was also left at the home, they added.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...cunningham-went-missing-more-week-ago-n850721

What a great family.

What is strange is that he was at work and then went home. At first glance with this case, my hunch would lean toward suicide. But why leave work for that purpose? That's a bit strange. Or did something happen at work - work performance issues that upset him? Sometimes it's hard to keep up with perfection.

IDK.

jmo

I really get a suicide vibe off this case and I really hate that I do. I think I've seen too many cases like this where the family kind of skirts around saying what the "alarming" texts or phone calls were. And I get it. People are less likely to look for someone who is labeled depressed or suicidal, which is beyond unfortunate, IMO. If anything, we should consider it an emergency to look for a suicidal person.

I just think this young man was probably stressed to the max, especially with his recent promotion. But that does leave me pondering how far he could have gone without his vehicle, so did he take public transportation somewhere?

many times driven people with high education levels like him and very high up in his position (commander) start to have breaks with reality. I know of a few people who have had this happen. the constant stress they put on themselves to accomplish more and more breaks them. I hope this is not what happened. Pray he is found soon.

How could the extended family not have found/seen the dog? I’m confused how they didn’t see him during their check but his parents did.

I really get a suicide vibe off this case and I really hate that I do. I think I've seen too many cases like this where the family kind of skirts around saying what the "alarming" texts or phone calls were. And I get it. People are less likely to look for someone who is labeled depressed or suicidal, which is beyond unfortunate, IMO. If anything, we should consider it an emergency to look for a suicidal person.

I just think this young man was probably stressed to the max, especially with his recent promotion. But that does leave me pondering how far he could have gone without his vehicle, so did he take public transportation somewhere?

( BBM )

Thank you so much for saying this! I worked on an acute, adult in-patient, locked psychiatric unit of a regular hospital for 15 years. ( Charge Nurse for the last 7. )

So many of our patients survived their suicide attempts only because they were found in time.

Ability to survive overdoses, wrist-cuttings, poisons, gunshots, etc, are all affected adversely the longer the time from occurrence.

Since people who attempt suicide are very ill with gravely impaired thought processes, they really need all resources available to be utilized on their behalf. They are not in their right mind at all...

Depression is as deadly as a heart attack or a stroke...

Just out of curiosity, how often do these MP cases end up being suicides by someone who wanted to spare their family the grief and therefore hid themselves?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

How could the extended family not have found/seen the dog? I’m confused how they didn’t see him during their check but his parents did.

Maybe the dog was in the back yard and there was a fence or gate blocking them from getting there. Or the extended family didn't have a key so they were just looking at the exterior and the dog was somewhere inside. If he was well trained, he might not have barked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer