GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, just brainstorming......did Tim drive to the CDC Monday morning alone? I'm finding it hard to believe, as secure as the CDC campus is, that parking deck surveillance videos didn't pick up his car on camera somewhere as it drove through that building. Someone could have dropped him off close to the campus, and he walked to and from the meeting, then that person waited & picked him up after the meeting at a pre-designated location. My thinking...... It's possible that he knew he would be angry & upset after the meeting so rode with a "trusted" person to Chamblee CDC on Monday for support. They may or may not have been in Tims own car ..... so it could be that his car never left his house for the meeting. It does appear that he came back home, but by himself? Or another possibility..... it's possible that LE is holding back something that seen on parking garage video surveillance.

The way I interpreted what LE said in the presser is that they could see what they believed was his car leaving the campus on tape but they couldn’t distinguish whether or not it was him inside driving it (based on the angles of the cameras and maybe the fact that he has to wear a hat with his uniform when he is outdoors, I don’t know). In GA we don’t have license plates on the front of our cars too so maybe they couldn’t be positive that it was *his* car. But that is how I understood it.

I'm wondering about that last meeting Tim had with his supervisor. Did the supervisor say that they discussed the reasons for Tim not being promoted ? I also wonder if they actually discussed projects that Tim was working on ? I wonder if his projects were being shelved ?

@HelloThere...... Thanks for clarifying! So it seems to me as though a secure parking deck would have camera surveillance at every exit door or elevator on each floor. So they should have at least been able to identify Tim coming & going from the parking deck or garage; JMO.

As of right now, I'm leaning toward suicide (unfortunately). For purposes of discussing all possibilities, though ... might it be possible that Tim went for a run in the woods, suffered a medical emergency, and passed away there, in the brush? That could explain why everything was left at home. When I walk, I take a spare key on a lanyard around my neck. My purse, regular keys, phone, etc., are all at home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

@HelloThere...... Thanks for clarifying! So it seems to me as though a secure parking deck would have camera surveillance at every exit door or elevator on each floor. So they should have at least been able to identify Tim coming & going from the parking deck or garage; JMO.

This article contains a quote from police Major O'Connor. I think the quote is from the February 27th news conference about Cunningham, so it's not up-to-date. But it does indicate uncertainty about whether cameras cover the parking deck.

“CDC is checking cameras now because we wanted to confirm that it was him that gets into his vehicle and drives home. They’re not certain that they have cameras that cover the parking deck but they’re checking that for us again now,” said O’Connor."

http://www.cbs46.com/story/37607708...continues-three-weeks-after-his-disappearance

It's certainly would be good to confirm that Cunningham left the CDC that day -- that he drove to work and then drove home. However, as others have noted, the presence of all his belongings at home, including his wallet and his car, make it likely that he did go home. The police may have been able to trace the location call to his mother that he's thought to have made ad 9:12am on the way back (she didn't pick up).

In addition, he was apparently seen later that day near Bolton Road. His parents statements about concerning conversations with him soon before his disappearance also fit with a scenario in which he goes home after the meeting with the supervisor and then leaves, possibly with the intention of self-harm or getting away from it all.

One can certainly construct scenarios in which he drove with someone else to the CDC and then they drove his car and all his belongings back home, or in which he got to the CDC in some other way and then disappeared from there. (Though if his badge was found at home, I think he'd've had to had it with him to get into the CDC.) One can also construct scenarios in which he went home and then was the victim of foul play.

But though more confirmation would be good, it seems likely to me that he drove to work and back prior to his disappearance. JMO.

I've not caught up to speed yet on all the posts, but at first blush, this is reminding me of the Derek Seehausen case... who is/was another brilliant young mind with so much to offer the world. But Derek's very early academic and medical successes seemed to bring great internal pressure (pressure that a close friend of Derek's said made him strive to always be "the best"). Derek's case remains unsolved, but there were indicators that it could have been a mental health issue (possibly depression).

Derek's was a sudden disappearance too, right after he had made a big decision of what medical specialty he wanted to go into... he left his keys, cell, ID, etc. behind and took off in the middle of the night -- seemed to really shock all his family/friends, who did not see it coming. Derek had an additional physical health issue (which was a factor in what medical specialty he chose -- he couldn't stand for long hours). But the general feeling for me is that Timothy's disappearance is eerily similar.

In Derek's case, there was a lot of focus on finding surveillance cameras near his home, and camera footage of any area public transportation (buses/trains). They did spot Derek heading out on foot in the middle of the night on a camera. So I am hoping the same intel is being heavily pursued for Timothy. Also, asking area taxi drivers, etc., as Timothy also may have only left with pocket cash.

I hope Timothy is still safe and can be found soon. His face... well, he just looks like the sweetest guy. He looks like just the kind of person any of us would run to *for* help.

But seems that Timothy was the one who was really in need of care - and nobody really knew, as can often be the case with high achievers who are very conscientious. It sounds like he has family/friends/co-workers who adore him and who would give anything to be there for him. I hope they get the chance to.

I pray he is found and receives help in time.

Also, asking area taxi drivers, etc., as Timothy also may have only left with pocket cash..

FWIW, I've suggested as a former local of this neighborhood, if he got away in some form of transportation, it would almost certainly be a MARTA bus. He didn't have an uber or lyft history from that day according to police. Cabs aren't "hailed" anywhere in Atlanta except basically downtown proper. But, with $2.50 cash he could have gotten on a marta bus on Bolton Road.

Derek's was a sudden disappearance too, right after he had made a big decision of what medical specialty he wanted to go into... he left his keys, cell, ID, etc. behind and took off in the middle of the night -- seemed to really shock all his family/friends, who did not see it coming. Derek had an additional physical health issue (which was a factor in what medical specialty he chose -- he couldn't stand for long hours). But the general feeling for me is that Timothy's disappearance is eerily similar.

In Derek's case, there was a lot of focus on finding surveillance cameras near his home, and camera footage of any area public transportation (buses/trains). They did spot Derek heading out on foot in the middle of the night on a camera. So I am hoping the same intel is being heavily pursued for Timothy. Also, asking area taxi drivers, etc., as Timothy also may have only left with pocket cash.

Good points that the psychological circumstances surrounding the disappearances of Derek Seehausen and Timothy Cunningham may be similar. Derek did take his ID with him as well as apparently the $200 that he got from an ATM machine. He also apparently tried to settle some things before leaving, such as dropping off a key for a family friend and leaving a file with account numbers & passwords on his laptop. So Derek's disappearance seems a bit more oriented to family and friends than does Tmothy C's.

In addition, though people knew that Derek couldn't go into what he said was his preferred specialty, as far as I know he hadn't given off any warning signs prior to leaving. My impression is that Derek may have left to start a new life rather than to commit suicide, though of course we don't know his goals or actions.

I agree that Timothy C's case, surveillance video may be helpful and hope it was gotten before being overwritten. At the same time, there's a lot of woods and roads bordered by woods near Timothy C's house, so there may not be that many cameras in the immediate area.

At the same time, there's a lot of woods and roads bordered by woods near Timothy C's house, so there may not be that many cameras in the immediate area.

Certain parts of Atlanta are blanketed with surveillance cameras-- namely downtown, midtown and buckhead. Outside of that, not so much. There is one (newish) gas station at the intersection of Bolton and Marietta Road, which may have cameras facing the street.

Except that he tried to call his mother after he left work, and his cell phone was found in his home. That, to me, strongly suggests that he made it home after he left work.

Yes i realise the call to his mother has to be explained away to fit theory that he may never have returned home, but i dont think we can 100 per cent eliminate it, my phone does strange things with messages sometimes and i receive them hours after they have been sent.

I also remember originally we were told the call to his mother was 5 21 am.
Wish we knew if he was at home or on way to work when he spoke to his sister.

Good points that the psychological circumstances surrounding the disappearances of Derek Seehausen and Timothy Cunningham may be similar. Derek did take his ID with him as well as apparently the $200 that he got from an ATM machine. He also apparently tried to settle some things before leaving, such as dropping off a key for a family friend and leaving a file with account numbers & passwords on his laptop. So Derek's disappearance seems a bit more oriented to family and friends than does Tmothy C's.

In addition, though people knew that Derek couldn't go into what he said was his preferred specialty, as far as I know he hadn't given off any warning signs prior to leaving. My impression is that Derek may have left to start a new life rather than to commit suicide, though of course we don't know his goals or actions.

I agree that Timothy C's case, surveillance video may be helpful and hope it was gotten before being overwritten. At the same time, there's a lot of woods and roads bordered by woods near Timothy C's house, so there may not be that many cameras in the immediate area.

Good follow-up points, LAHiker. And that's right -- Derek did have his ID. I remember now that there was debate re: the reasons *why* he would have had his ID... for the (sad) identification of his body reason v. legit reasons to take it with him for travel, etc. I had always hoped Derek took off for a new life. You're sure right that we can't know his real goal, as none of us can ever *really* know what anyone else is thinking -- makes it tough in these cases, as could be anything. But I do like to think of Derek as being free as a bird and happy. <If he is, I wish he'd let his family know, but that's another topic.

As for Timothy, yes, they would have had to move pretty quickly on getting some surveillance feeds. I hope some searches are going on (still haven't read entire thread)..

Just to clarify...the interaction with the neighbor was a day or two before the meeting with the supervisor.

Thank you for clarification. I think, Im going to try to piece together a time line. There is alot of information and I think a timeline would help organize it all.

Also, just to throw this out. We have discussed, in part, what was found ( that is public knowledge at his home). I think it is important to note was wasn't found.

For example:
His uniform (his hat- wouldn't he take his hat off in the car or once he got home)
His work cell phone
His work debit card ( as they police were checking with the cdc to see if he had used it, they would not have to do that if he did not have it)

I think it is worth investigating any purchases he made in the weeks and months prior and see if receipts can be found.

Yes i realise the call to his mother has to be explained away to fit theory that he may never have returned home, but i dont think we can 100 per cent eliminate it, my phone does strange things with messages sometimes and i receive them hours after they have been sent.

I also remember originally we were told the call to his mother was 5 21 am.
Wish we knew if he was at home or on way to work when he spoke to his sister.

Correct me if Im wrong on any of this..

I remember also reading earlier in the thread that the call after he left work showed up on his phone but did not show up on his Mother's phone. No idea if this has been proven wrong but I found it strange.

I thought the 521am was a text to the Mom asking if she was awake?

Also, someone mentioned he had a work phone and a personal phone and the work phone had not been accounted for. Which also seems odd.

Also, just to throw this out. We have discussed, in part, what was found ( that is public knowledge at his home). I think it is important to note was wasn't found.

For example:
His uniform (his hat- wouldn't he take his hat off in the car or once he got home)
His work cell phone
His work debit card ( as they police were checking with the cdc to see if he had used it, they would not have to do that if he did not have it)

I think it is worth investigating any purchases he made in the weeks and months prior and see if receipts can be found.

Good post, Id like to know about his workphone and hat. What ID was needed for his work, was it a swipe card or something else?
A timeline would be useful. I dont think weve even been told what time they think they saw him on CCTV near his home.

Here's the link for Derek's WS thread. He's still missing. :(

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...udent-Glendale-5-Aug-2014&highlight=seehausen

I was in that area for my husband's job this weekend and all I could think about was TC. I told my husband that I don't even know the guy but I care enough to think of anything to help find him. At a restaurant that we ate at before I came back to SC his story was on the 5 o'clock news. Today he was on the news on my local channel. I've read the last several posts and agree with a lot of what people are saying. The way TC Dad talked about ordering the kids on vacation and expectations reminded me of how my FIL used to talk to my husband. Thank goodness my husband received help from a therapist to set boundaries so his Dad didn't do that anymore. The pressure of people pleasing was extremely stressful for him.

Yes, I so agree. Sad but sometimes family isn't good for us. I hope that he is alive...but his dog. His worldly possessions. Was he on any flight manifest? More to do, to find Tim.

As of right now, I'm leaning toward suicide (unfortunately). For purposes of discussing all possibilities, though ... might it be possible that Tim went for a run in the woods, suffered a medical emergency, and passed away there, in the brush? That could explain why everything was left at home. When I walk, I take a spare key on a lanyard around my neck. My purse, regular keys, phone, etc., are all at home.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Could be very possible that he went for a run to clear his head but did they ever reveal if the uniform that he wore to work that day was at home? Do we know if he changed? I remember this was mentioned earlier in the thread but I can't remember what was said.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

sorry if I am repeating stuff that has been said.

People are asking if they thought he had made it home after clocking out of the CDC at 9:12 a.m.

Wasn't his car at his home? Does that not confirm he went home first before going anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie