GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry if I am repeating stuff that has been said.

People are asking if they thought he had made it home after clocking out of the CDC at 9:12 a.m.

Wasn't his car at his home? Does that not confirm he went home first before going anywhere?

Not until it can be proven he drove to work in his car, i havent seen it confirmed yet.

sorry if I am repeating stuff that has been said.

People are asking if they thought he had made it home after clocking out of the CDC at 9:12 a.m.

Wasn't his car at his home? Does that not confirm he went home first before going anywhere?

It appears that he made it home, but it is not necessarily confirmed. There are cases where the victim's car was returned to their home by a perp. Two cases I can think of off the top of my head where that happened are Dani Stislicki and Zuzu Verk.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...anielle-Stislicki-28-Southfield-2-Dec-2016-14
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...X-Zuzu-Verk-22-Alpine-12-Oct-2016-3-*Arrests*

Although neither of those cases have much in common with Tim, IF he was the victim of a crime, someone might have returned his car and possessions to his house. Tim might have gone to meet someone after leaving work or a perp might have been hiding in or near his car*. If he never came home, that would explain why dogs did not pick up his scent outside his house.

*I'm not sure how likely this is at that CDC, but since LE stated are not sure it was Tim driving his car out of the lot it seems like they have left the door open for this possibility. JMO.

OT, but : he has the most amazing smile, this guy. He looks like Cuba Gooding Jr. Where is he ?

A few thoughts:

Has it been confirmed the time he contacted his mom? I've seen 5:21 and 9:21. I also read here that he clocked out of the CDC at 9:12. Can anyone confirm these times? It would help to know if the "Are you awake" text came before or after the meeting. If before, he was possibly contemplating his action before the meeting. If after, it could have been the meeting that set him off.

Also, does anyone know if his backyard is fenced? Unless it is and he let the dog into the back daily, I find it odd the scent dogs were unable to pick up scent away from his house. Did he never walk the dog? Did he tell the neighbor to delete his number by yelling from his driveway? Or maybe the scents were washed away in the rain?

Was it ever confirmed if it was by text, or if he talked to the neighbor in person?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I read somewhere in this thread that he Tim was seen in the Bolton road area on that last day. Has a time been released for that sighting? Just curious if maybe he went home, went for a run leaving his things home, and sighted in that area. Maybe he possibly met with fouls play on his way back home?

Also, just to throw this out. We have discussed, in part, what was found ( that is public knowledge at his home). I think it is important to note was wasn't found.

For example:
His uniform (his hat- wouldn't he take his hat off in the car or once he got home)
His work cell phone
His work debit card ( as they police were checking with the cdc to see if he had used it, they would not have to do that if he did not have it)

I think it is worth investigating any purchases he made in the weeks and months prior and see if receipts can be found.

His hat is part of his uniform.

They were checking to see if the work credit/debit card had been used. I think LE or CDC has it but they had to check with the bank to see if he bought any tickets for travel on it.

OK, just brainstorming......did Tim drive to the CDC Monday morning alone? I'm finding it hard to believe, as secure as the CDC campus is, that parking deck surveillance videos didn't pick up his car on camera somewhere as it drove through that building. Someone could have dropped him off close to the campus, and he walked to and from the meeting, then that person waited & picked him up after the meeting at a pre-designated location. My thinking...... It's possible that he knew he would be angry & upset after the meeting so rode with a "trusted" person to Chamblee CDC on Monday for support. They may or may not have been in Tims own car ..... so it could be that his car never left his house for the meeting. It does appear that he came back home, but by himself? Or another possibility..... it's possible that LE is holding back something that seen on parking garage video surveillance.

If he walked onto campus (ie got dropped off), he would have scanned his badge at a different entrance location & LE would know that from talking to CDC.

His hat is part of his uniform.

They were checking to see if the work credit/debit card had been used. I think LE or CDC has it but they had to check with the bank to see if he bought any tickets for travel on it.

I know his hat is apart of his uniform. I brought it up because being a man, i think if he drove his car, he may have taken it off and left it in his car or even on the counter etc. There is no mention of his uniform being found at home. I think what it is worth noting is that everything pertaining to work was not found at the home.

If he walked onto campus (ie got dropped off), he would have scanned his badge at a different entrance location & LE would know that from talking to CDC.

Hello There, I know you have alot of info on the CDC. Is it possible to enter the building without your card. For example, can you badge someone else in or out. Im asking because my job has a badge in or out system. Today at work a fellow co-worker needed to gain entry to the office, he didnt have his badge. I badged him in, even though I wasnt in the office. To enter the CDC is it as simple as badging and the door opens or does someone check ur badge?

Okay so I just watched an interview that his parents gave. i noticed that they showed his uniform, however, Im not sure if its just an extra one he has. Also in this interview his mother again pleas to him to go home.

Hello There, I know you have alot of info on the CDC. Is it possible to enter the building without your card. For example, can you badge someone else in or out. Im asking because my job has a badge in or out system. Today at work a fellow co-worker needed to gain entry to the office, he didnt have his badge. I badged him in, even though I wasnt in the office. To enter the CDC is it as simple as badging and the door opens or does someone check ur badge?

No, security is super tight

Forgive me if this has been answered, but has there been any info released on phone pings? Either his personal or work phone?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Was it ever confirmed if it was by text, or if he talked to the neighbor in person?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There was footage of the neighbour saying it was in person, so that's probably more reliable than the newspaper article that stated it was by text.

Here is a timeline 11alive.com has put together:

“Feb. 5, 2018: Tim Cunningham finds out that he will not be promoted to branch manager at the CDC.

Feb, 8 and Feb. 9: Cunningham calls out sick for work

[In a different article, the neighbor is quoted as saying the following exchange took place on Sat., Feb. 10th]:

Feb. 11: Cunningham tells a neighbor to tell his wife to delete his (Cunningham's) phone number from her cell phone.

Feb. 12:
Before 7:30 a.m.: Cunningham meets with his supervisor at the CDC Chamblee office, who explains to him why he will not be receiving a promotion.

7:30 a.m.: Cunningham tells co-workers he is feeling sick and will finish his work at home.

9:12 a.m.: Cunningham call his mother. She does not answer and Cunningham does not leave a voicemail.

[I believe the following section contains an error: According to other reports, the relative did not enter the home; they only observed it appeared empty and that there were two windows that were left open. It was actually Tim’s parents who went inside using a spare key and found his various belongings there]:

Date/time unknown: After not hearing from their son, Cunningham's parents ask a family member to use a spare key to check on him at his house. The relative reports back that Cunningham was not home, but his cell phone and car keys were in the house.

Feb. 14:

7:30 a.m.: Cunningham's parents arrive at his Atlanta home after driving through the night from Maryland. They find the home empty, with two windows -- one in a bathroom and one in a laundry room -- open. Cunningham's dog, Beau, is at the house.

9:30 a.m.: Cunningham's parents report him missing.“

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...g-cdc-scientist-what-we-know-now/85-523844093

Also, here is a list of personal items that were found inside the home, as stated by LE:
“‘The most unusual factor in this case is that every single belonging that we are aware of was located in the residence.’ [Atlanta Police Major Michael] O’Connor said. So his keys, his cellphone, debit card, credit cards, wallet, all of his identification, passports. Anything you can think of, we’ve been able to locate. None of those items are missing.’”
https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--l...et-didn-get-promotion/U8abmBXjZqJ4yM7uqUXBMN/

I don’t seem to be able to find any article that mentions his work cell phone. Has it been confirmed he had one?

There was footage of the neighbour saying it was in person, so that's probably more reliable than the newspaper article that stated it was by text.

Correct:

“Chris Torry, a neighbor of Cunningham’s, told FOX5 Atlanta the CDC employee made an unusual request a few days before he disappeared.

‘My wife and him swapped phone numbers…[On] Saturday, Tim called over to me from across the way and told me to take his number out of her phone. It seemed a bit strange,’ Torry recalled. (BBM)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/2...ghbor-to-delete-phone-number-reports-say.html

Did Tim speak to his sister before he left for work on Monday morning? Did they talk on the phone at 7:15 am?

This news piece, and other recent ones, have said that police "believe Cunningham was last seen near Bolton Road in northwest Atlanta, where he lives." Given that he was definitely seen at work, that would imply that he was seen near his home after work. When he called his mother that day at 9:12am (and she did not pick up), he may have been on his way home; maybe they can trace from where he made the call.

While it's possible that he went to work some other way and therefore didn't necessarily go home, I think it's likely that he did drive to work and home again before disappearing. I hope the police will clarify this in the future.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/police-friends-start-new-search-for-missing-cdc-worker/710328180

Given where he worked, most likely he would have needed ID to enter the building?

Here is a timeline 11alive.com has put together:

“Feb. 5, 2018: Tim Cunningham finds out that he will not be promoted to branch manager at the CDC.

Feb, 8 and Feb. 9: Cunningham calls out sick for work

[In a different article, the neighbor is quoted as saying the following exchange took place on Sat., Feb. 10th]:
Feb. 11: Cunningham tells a neighbor to tell his wife to delete his (Cunningham's) phone number from her cell phone.

Feb. 12:
Before 7:30 a.m.: Cunningham meets with his supervisor at the CDC Chamblee office, who explains to him why he will not be receiving a promotion.

7:30 a.m.: Cunningham tells co-workers he is feeling sick and will finish his work at home.

9:12 a.m.: Cunningham call his mother. She does not answer and Cunningham does not leave a voicemail.

[I believe the following section contains an error: According to other reports, the relative did not enter the home; they only observed it appeared empty and that there were two windows that were left open. It was actually Tim’s parents who went inside using a spare key and found his various belongings there]:

Date/time unknown: After not hearing from their son, Cunningham's parents ask a family member to use a spare key to check on him at his house. The relative reports back that Cunningham was not home, but his cell phone and car keys were in the house.

Feb. 14:

7:30 a.m.: Cunningham's parents arrive at his Atlanta home after driving through the night from Maryland. They find the home empty, with two windows -- one in a bathroom and one in a laundry room -- open. Cunningham's dog, Beau, is at the house.

9:30 a.m.: Cunningham's parents report him missing.“

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...g-cdc-scientist-what-we-know-now/85-523844093

Also, here is a list of personal items that were found inside the home, as stated by LE:
“‘The most unusual factor in this case is that every single belonging that we are aware of was located in the residence.’ [Atlanta Police Major Michael] O’Connor said. So his keys, his cellphone, debit card, credit cards, wallet, all of his identification, passports. Anything you can think of, we’ve been able to locate. None of those items are missing.’”
https://www.myajc.com/news/crime--l...et-didn-get-promotion/U8abmBXjZqJ4yM7uqUXBMN/

I don’t seem to be able to find any article that mentions his work cell phone. Has it been confirmed he had one?

There was like a 10 minute long interview with his parents and they said they called his work cell before they reported him missing, but it went straight to voicemail. I assume that means it wasn’t at the house. I’ll try to find that interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks