CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Tonya Lynn, 38, Winder, 27 July 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by KaylynnCouture, Jul 29, 2011.

1. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

Winder police are interviewing the husband of 38-year-old Tonya Faye Lynn, missing since noon Wednesday.

Detectives have been talking to James Lynn, 39, since early Friday morning and were still talking with him at lunchtime, said Winder police spokesman Chris Cooper. Lynn has been cooperative, he said.

The missing woman's niece received a text message, ostensibly from the mother of four, around noon Wednesday asking her to take care of the woman’s children. The text message had been sent early that morning from Lynn’s cell phone, police said.

The niece tried to call back immediately, but the phone was turned off.

The niece discovered Lynn's abandoned vehicle in a local library not far from her home, according to investigators.

The last known contact anyone had with Lynn was shortly before midnight Tuesday. She did not show up for work Wednesday morning at Athens Regional Medical Center, police said.

Snipped: http://www.ajc.com/news/husband-of-missing-mother-1055502.html?cxtype=rss_news (Photo at link)

2. Loading...

3. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

This is another one that sounds soooo suspicious... :(

It caught my attention b/c I lived in that area for about 10 years. There are just so many cases where wives disappear during a divorce. :no:

(FYI, the title might need to be changed to Winder, as it really is a good ways outside of Atlanta.)

4. KaylynnCouture

I agree, it sounds extremely suspicious to me too. I'm getting kind of tired of all these women disappearing during divorces and custody battles. It's really sad.

Anyway, I changed the title to Winder on my post, but it wouldn't let me change it for the entire thread..a mod might have to do that. Thanks for the heads up! :)

5. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

6. KaylynnCouture

Missing Woman's Husband Charged With Murder

Snipped: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28707717/detail.html

7. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

This seems to be almost a daily event...unbelievable.

8. KaylynnCouture

Snipped: http://www.ajc.com/news/missing-winder-womans-husband-1055502.html

9. belimom

Oh no... Even though it seemed likely, it's so hard to take. WHY does this happen? WHY take the life of someone else, especially your spouse/SO?!? It just seems to defy all logic to me. Aside from the whole 'taking someone's life' (the most important thing here), do these folks not realize that living the rest of their life in prison or on death row is worse than living the rest of their life having to put up with someone who annoys them or takes their money in a divorce or gets the kids or whatever? I mean, seriously.

So very very sad from all angles, especially the kids.

10. Granna6

Granna6 Member

I live in this area. My DIL is a nurse at the medical center, as was my mom. Heard on the Atlanta evening news that Tonya had been located. These restraining orders seem so limp and ineffective in a case like this where someone is so intent on malice. So often, it's just a piece of paper that's really impossible to enforce.

She was found in a well, which makes me wonder about potential sites for Celine Cass if indeed she is not alive.

11. catnron

catnron New Member

My BF's husband is a Police officer in Winder Ga, he said that she was killed in the bathtub with a ball bat. Get this tho, his first wife also died in the bath tub but he was never charged with it.

12. catnron

catnron New Member

Hello, I live in Auburn, nice to meet you neighbor..

13. KaylynnCouture

Reminds me of Drew Peterson..
    That's awful.

14. KaylynnCouture

Snipped from: http://www.ajc.com/news/missing-winder-womans-husband-1055502.html?cxtype=rss_news

15. deelytful1

deelytful1 *~a mere mortal~*

They say there's a fine line between love and hate and we have been seeing that line crossed all too often nowadays. something has to change.. but what? I'm glad the husband is at least in custody. Those poor children.

16. sue4141

sue4141 New Member

This is horrible. I just do not understand why there are so many spousal murders going on. It makes you wonder why they got married in the 1st place. What makes them think this is the only way out? RIP Tonya and I pray for your children.

17. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

:eek:

I wonder where the children were when this happened.

18. belimom

I think one of the articles said that the older ones were away that night, but the 7-yr-old was home... :(

ETA: Here's a quote - I can't find the original one I saw but I searched and found this:

19. carterkatt

carterkatt Member

kaylynn - you took the words right out of my mouth... disgusting..

20. Granna6

Granna6 Member

You too! (I'm north of Athens.) I wonder if my DIL knew her at ARMC.

21. angelwngs

angelwngs New Member

Yesterday, I received a private message on facebook that said the husband had been 'arrested multiple times in past'. It also said that there were 'three wives' (or 'significant others'). It also said that one died mysteriously in a 'hunting accident', the 2nd in a bathtub and now Tonya.

This is a small town northeast of Atlanta... Tonya and her family are pretty well known here by the locals who have been here all or most of our lives. It is very sad...