GA - Trent Lehrkamp, 19, victim of extreme hazing, St. Simons Island, 21 Mar 2023

From the article:

• Trenton Lehrkamp, 19, was subjected to torture, humiliation and assault, according to a page.
  • Glynn County Police Department said officers responded to the hospital on March 21 after three juveniles took Lehrkamp there.
  • Police said they served search warrants and interviewed several juveniles and Lehrkamp about what happened.
  • Reports alleged Lehrkamp had been bound with tape, forced to ingest massive amounts of alcohol and other substances and sprayed with paint.

Georgia police are investigating reports that Trent Lehrkamp, 19, was forced to guzzle vodka and take mushrooms by a group of teens before he lost consciousness and was allegedly tied to a chair, urinated on and spray-painted, according to online reports and officials.

The Glynn County Police Department said in a press release Sunday that on March 21, they responded to Southeast Georgia Health Center around 10:40 p.m. after receiving a report of an alleged hazing incident.

How can this happen? A previous incident? Justice for this young man!

"Police said in the release that the video circulating on social media — which shows what appears to be teenagers standing around outside at night while one of them sprays a male sitting in a chair with a hose — is from a prior incident involving Lehrkamp and was not connected to the Tuesday night incident.

Early the following day, on Wednesday, March 22, officers served a search warrant at the St. Simons Island residence where the incident is said to have occurred and collected numerous items of evidence, the release said. More search warrants were served later on Wednesday as well." Alleged hazing victim alert, talking with police

An article from today in which a redacted police report is attached.

From Police release report on overdose incident involving teen :
The three minors kept asking if they were free to leave, the report said, and did so after leaving their phone numbers and names on a sheet of paper for hospital staff.

The investigation into the incident was made public Sunday by the Glynn County Police Department after social media posts surfaced showing photos allegedly taken during the incident and a video that police said showed a prior incident.

Since the initial report was made, Glynn County Police have served search warrants, including at the home where the incident is said to have occurred, where police gathered numerous items of evidence, the Glynn County Police said in a release posted by the Glynn County spokesperson on Sunday night.

"Detectives have interviewed several juveniles associated with the incident and are continuing to conduct additional interviews," the release said.

This is so sad... =(
There are articles out there with comments from dad saying Trenton would go to this guy's house who he thought was his friend, and every time he'd come back home having been treated similarly to this.
I don't have time to look for it right now but it's in some MSM reports...
Maybe in one of the articles you linked @kaen but can't view all since I'm in Europe.
I hope all of them get caught and punished and also the adults who supplied the booze and a place to drink it and let them assault someone =**(

@AliceInPain, this reminds me a little bit of other cases where there are "haves" and "have nots" among a community. It seems like this young man was the victim not so much a hazing but rather systematic, brutal attacks that included alcohol, drugs, solvents like WD-40 and more. Some articles discuss that the social media posts from the attackers are in the hands of LE and online for those who wish to view (I just can't myself).

Yeah I was surprised when I saw the word "hazing"... This was humiliation, bullying, abuse...
They never wanted him to join their group or anything, they just wanted to laugh at him and make him feel like a nobody.
I watched two of the short recordings and they weren't nice, but what stood out to me were these people's attitudes, like they were proud of what they were doing and really believed they were being cool.
I just hate bullies and abusers =(

Glynn County Board of Commissioners
oonpdSrtse01mu9c5iai6m6c2c120tt2u64ui
h
t5f5m
ga3fu63tgfu43103
·
Update on Investigation of Incident Involving Juveniles on St Simons Island
Glynn County, GA – The Glynn County Police Department (GCPD) is continuing its investigation into an incident involving juveniles on St. Simons Island on March 21. The Criminal Investigation Division (CID) and Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) have conducted interviews with the involved parties and obtained statements to further the investigation based on established facts. Individuals have been identified in video footage and further interviews are being conducted. Detectives have interviewed and taken a statement from Trent Lehrkamp at the hospital.
Working with the GBI, electronic evidence which has been recovered is being analyzed for information regarding the current incident as well as any previous incidents which had not been previously reported. Law enforcement has been actively investigating information brought forth by the public as it continues the investigation.
GCPD has actively been in consultation with the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the GBI, the Glynn County Sheriff’s Office, the Glynn County School Board, and the Glynn County District Attorney regarding this investigation.
Citizens who may have more information are encouraged to come forward or contact the Glynn County Police Department. You can do so by phone or email via the Silent Witness program. Silent Witness: 912-264-1333; 911silentwitness@glynncounty-ga.gov. Log into Facebook

Yeah I was surprised when I saw the word "hazing"... This was humiliation, bullying, abuse...
They never wanted him to join their group or anything, they just wanted to laugh at him and make him feel like a nobody.
I watched two of the short recordings and they weren't nice, but what stood out to me were these people's attitudes, like they were proud of what they were doing and really believed they were being cool.
I just hate bullies and abusers =(

I agree. I wish I could go back and change the title.

Thank you Twitter friends for alerting me to Trent Lehrkamp. The teen is in the ICU after a hazing incident and reports he was forced to guzzle vodka, urinated on, and spray painted in Georgia. No arrests. Digging into it when I fill in for Dan Abrams at 9pm on @NewsNation.

WARNING upsetting picture at above link.

“He’s hanging out with these high school kids who are not his friends,” said Owen, a friend who has known Lehrkamp since they were 10.

Owen said Lehrkamp, who is not on the spectrum despite what some news outlets have reported, was living with depression and believes he was looking for friends. He said he hopes those involved are charged and fully prosecuted.

“They need to learn their lesson from this,” Owen said. “It’s crazy.”

I agree. I wish I could go back and change the title.
I was surprised by the news articles mentioning the word, not you putting it in the thread title <3
I'm sure you can ask a mod to remove the word until we know what actually happened.
I'm going to see if I can find any updates...... Hope he's ok =(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back