Identified! GA - Ware Co., BlkFem Child 15UFGA, 2-4, in cement-filled suitcase, Dec'88 - Kenyatta Odom

March 21 2023

Lengthy article.
By Ashanti Isaac Mar. 21, 2023 rbbm
''ALBANY, Ga. (WALB) - The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) is revisiting a 1980s cold case file of a missing baby girl known as “Baby Jane Doe.” The child has a possible connection to Albany.

Now, GBI investigators tell WALB how that connection can possibly help identify the child.

It’s about a mile walk from the main street to the illegal dump site where Baby Jane Doe’s remains were found in Ware County. It was in this dump site where something significant to Albany was found next to the child’s remains.''

''Seacrist says the GBI has done numerous searches since 1988 both where the remains were found, and the nearby area. Eventually, they expanded their search outside of Georgia''
“There were also searches done in multiple states to include South Carolina, Pennsylvania and Michigan. Just multiple missing children that fit the general description. And, unfortunately, we were never able to identify her,” Seacrist said.''

“We do think that there’s an Albany connection,” Seacrist said. “Close to the TV cabinet where the remains were found was an Albany Herald (newspaper). And based on the conditions of the scene and everything, we believe it was associated with the TV cabinet.”

“What’s the new thing right now is genealogy and DNA work. We have been able for the last two years; our office has been working with a private DNA lab, consulting of course, with the GBI Department of Forensics Science.”

March 21 2023

Lengthy article.
By Ashanti Isaac Mar. 21, 2023 rbbm
''ALBANY, Ga. (WALB) - The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) is revisiting a 1980s cold case file of a missing baby girl known as “Baby Jane Doe.” The child has a possible connection to Albany.

Now, GBI investigators tell WALB how that connection can possibly help identify the child.

It’s about a mile walk from the main street to the illegal dump site where Baby Jane Doe’s remains were found in Ware County. It was in this dump site where something significant to Albany was found next to the child’s remains.''

''Seacrist says the GBI has done numerous searches since 1988 both where the remains were found, and the nearby area. Eventually, they expanded their search outside of Georgia''
“There were also searches done in multiple states to include South Carolina, Pennsylvania and Michigan. Just multiple missing children that fit the general description. And, unfortunately, we were never able to identify her,” Seacrist said.''

“We do think that there’s an Albany connection,” Seacrist said. “Close to the TV cabinet where the remains were found was an Albany Herald (newspaper). And based on the conditions of the scene and everything, we believe it was associated with the TV cabinet.”

“What’s the new thing right now is genealogy and DNA work. We have been able for the last two years; our office has been working with a private DNA lab, consulting of course, with the GBI Department of Forensics Science.”
Good. Good, good, good.

Maybe one day soon, we'll know your name, then, sweetie.

March 23 2023
“I truly believe that somebody remembers a little girl and that little girl went away and most likely they were given a story that they went to live with a family member, or they went away to live a better life. And nobody ever saw or heard from this little girl ever again,” Seacrist said.

The GBI is offering a $5,000 reward. Anyone with any information that can help identify Baby Jane Doe, call (1-800) 597-8477.''

“Somebody put this little girl out here to be sure she wasn’t found,” tells GBI Special Agent in Charge Jason Seacrist.

It's believed the little girl had been dead two to three months before she was found. She is believed to be Black and was found in a white knit pullover shirt with a red pony emblem on the upper left chest, white thermal pajama bottoms with maroon trim and a disposable diaper. A search of the area began, but with it being an illegal dump site, it made it more challenging.

“Which makes it hard to identify what is relevant to the remains that were found and what is trash that folks were throwing out here,” he

Deputies also checked for any reports of missing children and none had been reported in Ware County. There was a paper from the Albany, Georgia area found near the remains, so deputies checked there too and no reports of missing children either. The search was extended to multiple states, but still no missing child reports that matched the little girl. The case went cold, but then came the advancement of genetic genealogy.

About two years ago, Special Agent in Charge Seacrist says they tried genetic genealogy in this case, but it didn’t lead to any major breakthroughs.

“We have gotten some weak links to follow through on, but we could really use some help in giving us some direction through a tip or anything else to help identify who this little girl is,” he explains.
He hopes that by bringing this case back into the spotlights, someone out there might remember a little girl who seemed to vanish 35 years ago.

“And a parent gave a really unusual explanation that is hard to believe and I think all these years it has eaten at them and now they are thinking – what happened to that girl?,” he says.

WARE COUNTY, Ga. (WALB) - Downloading an app. That’s how simple it is nowadays to send in a tip that could change somebody’s life. And the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) is encouraging anyone who knows anything about a 35-year-old cold case, to do just that.

On September 21, 1988, a timber worker was going through the woods in Ware County just outside of Waycross when he made a shocking discovery. WALB spoke with Jason Seacrist, GBI special agent in charge, about the case in March.

“I say ‘baby,’ a child approximately 3 years old, that’s what was determined was inside of a duffel bag that was also inside of a suitcase that was inside the tv cabinet,” Seacrist said. “And the concrete had also been added in there. It was a Black female.”

Baby Jane Doe's remains were found on September 21st, 1988, inside a duffle bag, that was...

WARE COUNTY, Ga. (WALB) - Downloading an app. That’s how simple it is nowadays to send in a tip that could change somebody’s life. And the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) is encouraging anyone who knows anything about a 35-year-old cold case, to do just that.

On September 21, 1988, a timber worker was going through the woods in Ware County just outside of Waycross when he made a shocking discovery. WALB spoke with Jason Seacrist, GBI special agent in charge, about the case in March.

“I say ‘baby,’ a child approximately 3 years old, that’s what was determined was inside of a duffel bag that was also inside of a suitcase that was inside the tv cabinet,” Seacrist said. “And the concrete had also been added in there. It was a Black female.”

Baby Jane Doe's remains were found on September 21st, 1988, inside a duffle bag, that was...'s remains were found on September 21st, 1988, inside a duffle bag, that was...

I want this one solved so badly. I hope they get that golden tip that leads them to her name.

MOO

“Somebody put this little girl out here to be sure she wasn’t found,” tells GBI Special Agent in Charge Jason Seacrist.

It's believed the little girl had been dead two to three months before she was found. She is believed to be Black and was found in a white knit pullover shirt with a red pony emblem on the upper left chest, white thermal pajama bottoms with maroon trim and a disposable diaper. A search of the area began, but with it being an illegal dump site, it made it more challenging.

“Which makes it hard to identify what is relevant to the remains that were found and what is trash that folks were throwing out here,” he

Deputies also checked for any reports of missing children and none had been reported in Ware County. There was a paper from the Albany, Georgia area found near the remains, so deputies checked there too and no reports of missing children either. The search was extended to multiple states, but still no missing child reports that matched the little girl. The case went cold, but then came the advancement of genetic genealogy.

About two years ago, Special Agent in Charge Seacrist says they tried genetic genealogy in this case, but it didn’t lead to any major breakthroughs.

“We have gotten some weak links to follow through on, but we could really use some help in giving us some direction through a tip or anything else to help identify who this little girl is,” he explains.
He hopes that by bringing this case back into the spotlights, someone out there might remember a little girl who seemed to vanish 35 years ago.

“And a parent gave a really unusual explanation that is hard to believe and I think all these years it has eaten at them and now they are thinking – what happened to that girl?,” he says.

LE tried genetic genealogy a couple of years ago, without much luck.

We know it wasn’t tried with the big names, because DNA Doe project doesn’t do this sort of case, and Othram was just getting started then. Time for @othram to show how it’s done! Seriously, this baby deserves a name, and some sort of justice.

MOO

LE tried genetic genealogy a couple of years ago, without much luck.

We know it wasn’t tried with the big names, because DNA Doe project doesn’t do this sort of case, and Othram was just getting started then. Time for @othram to show how it’s done! Seriously, this baby deserves a name, and some sort of justice.

MOO
We would love to help. We do a lot of work in Georgia!

I'm not suggesting this as a related possibility, but I suppose it could be. I'm hopeful young Christine was able to escape what seemed to have been a very difficult life and is living happily. Google searching seemed to indicate that most of her family members are deceased but at least a couple of years ago there was a living sister. I do not know about any DNA.

Christine Denese James
Missing since May 1983 out of Coleman, Florida. Told a friend she was pregnant with twins.

She has been identified as 3-year-old Kenyatta Odom. Her mother (Evelyn Odom) and stepfather (Ulyster Sanders) have been indicted on charges of felony murder, first-degree child cruelty, aggravated battery-family violence, conspiracy to conceal a death, and concealing a death.

There will be a news conference at 1 PM today.

She has been identified as 3-year-old Kenyatta Odom. Her mother (Evelyn Odom) and stepfather (Ulyster Sanders) have been indicted on charges of felony murder, first-degree child cruelty, aggravated battery-family violence, conspiracy to conceal a death, and concealing a death.

There will be a news conference at 1 PM today.
Sitting here in floods of tears, because Kenyatta has been one of my most desired solves for years, now. Trying to see to type. Can't explain how much it means, just that I am so happy and so sad all at once. Happy there's been an arrest, very upset about the details of her cruel death. It was never going to be pretty, but it's more terrible than I'd braced myself for.

Kenyatta. So glad to know your name, babygirl. So sorry your short life was filled with so much pain, inflicted by those who should have been your shields and guardians protecting you from any hurt. It's not fair, and nothing can make it right. But you can sleep, now, honey. Sleep well. The LE who have worked this case for decades are going to bring it home. The monsters are vanquished, and they're never going to hurt you or anyone else, ever again. They tried to make you disappear, but they failed. We'll never let that happen, and we'll never forget you.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw
Back