Garrido's Church

LinasK--That's what I'm guessing too. I just wondered if anyone had seen this revealed in the media. It would be awfully interesting to see what the tract actually covered. There's probably people on campus who have a copy which he handed out.

i dont know about you guys but i dont really want to read any of this lunatics rantings

LinasK--That's what I'm guessing too. I just wondered if anyone had seen this revealed in the media. It would be awfully interesting to see what the tract actually covered. There's probably people on campus who have a copy which he handed out.
I don't think he got as far as handing stuff out, unless he had previously done that. He had to be cleared by the security officers, which he wasn't. Those women might have copies of whatever he was going to hand out...

I found this at this link (page 1):

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com/jwcrime.html

CALIFORNIA v. GARRIDO is an ongoing 2009 criminal prosecution related to the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping. Per multiple media reports, Nancy Garrido, wife of monster Phillip Garrido, was reared as a Jehovah's Witness. The unmarried Jehovah's Witness, Nancy Bocanegra, was introduced to and developed a relationship with fellow Jehovah's Witness, Phillip Garrido, while Garrido was imprisoned in Leavenworth federal prison for a 1976 kidnapping and rape committed in Nevada. Nancy Bocanegra's connection to Leavenworth was an Uncle who was also imprisoned there. Phillip Garrido, 30, and Nancy Bocanegra, 26, were married inside Leavenwoth in October 1981.

It is unclear as to when Phillip Garrido joined the WatchTower Cult. A 1978 mental evaluation conducted during Garrido's first year at Leavenworth states that Phillip Garrido was then a "very absorbed" Jehovah's Witness practitioner. Phillip Garrido has indicated that his interest in religion and GOD started sometime around 1973-4, and intensified around 1976-7. During his first year at Leavenworth, Garrido even rejected the idea of a transfer from prison to a program of psychological treatment due to religious reasons. Although the WatchTower Cult has since relaxed its teachings on mental health treatment (due to the high incidence of mental illness amongst its members), at that time Jehovah's Witnesses were proactively discouraged from seeking help from mental health professionals. Of course this raises even more questions, such as, did Phillip Garrido have JW connections even prior to Leavenworth, and who was this unnamed "Uncle" of Nancy Bocanegra, and was he the prison intermediary between Nancy Bocanegra and Phillip Garrido, and was he also a JW Convict, and what is his full story?

At any rate, it was Phillip Garrido's status as a long-time Jehovah's Witness that played a significant role in his gaining parole from Leavenworth at the first opportunity in 1988.

Nancy Garrido worked within the healthcare community in multiple states at least as far back as 1981. Nancy Garrido was licensed as a Nursing Assistant in California in 1989 after the couple moved to California after Phillip Garrido's parole from Leavenworth, and 8 months served in a Nevada state prison, where Garrido served short time on a state charge related to the 1976 rape/kidnapping. Between 1994 and 1998, Nancy Garrido worked for a California community agency, Contra Costa ARC, that served adults and children suffering from developmental disabilities. Nancy Garrido reportedly also worked at multiple nursing homes.

Nancy Garrido is reportedly accused by Prosecutors of playing an equal role with Phillip Garrido in the abduction of Jaycee Lee Dugard. Prosecutors suspect that it was actually Nancy Garrido who forcibly put Jaycee Lee Dugard into the car driven by Phillip Garrido in June 1991. In 1993, Phillip Garrido was returned to federal prison for 38 days because of a parole violation. Prosecutors allege that Nancy Garrido was Jaycee Lee Dugard's sole kidnapper during those 38 days.

I found this at this link (page 1):

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com/jwcrime.html

CALIFORNIA v. GARRIDO is an ongoing 2009 criminal prosecution related to the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping. Per multiple media reports, Nancy Garrido, wife of monster Phillip Garrido, was reared as a Jehovah's Witness. The unmarried Jehovah's Witness, Nancy Bocanegra, was introduced to and developed a relationship with fellow Jehovah's Witness, Phillip Garrido, while Garrido was imprisoned in Leavenworth federal prison for a 1976 kidnapping and rape committed in Nevada. Nancy Bocanegra's connection to Leavenworth was an Uncle who was also imprisoned there. Phillip Garrido, 30, and Nancy Bocanegra, 26, were married inside Leavenwoth in October 1981.

It is unclear as to when Phillip Garrido joined the WatchTower Cult. A 1978 mental evaluation conducted during Garrido's first year at Leavenworth states that Phillip Garrido was then a "very absorbed" Jehovah's Witness practitioner. Phillip Garrido has indicated that his interest in religion and GOD started sometime around 1973-4, and intensified around 1976-7. During his first year at Leavenworth, Garrido even rejected the idea of a transfer from prison to a program of psychological treatment due to religious reasons. Although the WatchTower Cult has since relaxed its teachings on mental health treatment (due to the high incidence of mental illness amongst its members), at that time Jehovah's Witnesses were proactively discouraged from seeking help from mental health professionals. Of course this raises even more questions, such as, did Phillip Garrido have JW connections even prior to Leavenworth, and who was this unnamed "Uncle" of Nancy Bocanegra, and was he the prison intermediary between Nancy Bocanegra and Phillip Garrido, and was he also a JW Convict, and what is his full story?

At any rate, it was Phillip Garrido's status as a long-time Jehovah's Witness that played a significant role in his gaining parole from Leavenworth at the first opportunity in 1988.

Nancy Garrido worked within the healthcare community in multiple states at least as far back as 1981. Nancy Garrido was licensed as a Nursing Assistant in California in 1989 after the couple moved to California after Phillip Garrido's parole from Leavenworth, and 8 months served in a Nevada state prison, where Garrido served short time on a state charge related to the 1976 rape/kidnapping. Between 1994 and 1998, Nancy Garrido worked for a California community agency, Contra Costa ARC, that served adults and children suffering from developmental disabilities. Nancy Garrido reportedly also worked at multiple nursing homes.

Nancy Garrido is reportedly accused by Prosecutors of playing an equal role with Phillip Garrido in the abduction of Jaycee Lee Dugard. Prosecutors suspect that it was actually Nancy Garrido who forcibly put Jaycee Lee Dugard into the car driven by Phillip Garrido in June 1991. In 1993, Phillip Garrido was returned to federal prison for 38 days because of a parole violation. Prosecutors allege that Nancy Garrido was Jaycee Lee Dugard's sole kidnapper during those 38 days.

so she was working from 94 to 98......awesome. what a mom she was to those babies huh? seriously how jaycee brought them up even half healthy i have no idea......but bless her for doing so
38 days is a lot of days that you could go to the cops and save jaycee.......oh well i guess you must have enjoyed torturing her too

You know, I have a good friend who happens to be JW. I think we need to sit down and have a good, long talk. I have some questions.

I found this link to a transcript from Dateline in 2002. They did an expose on pedophiles within the JW faith. The shocking part is not that there were pedophiles (they are everywhere). No, the disturbing part is the way the elders handled the disclosures.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw100.html

I found this through the link that was posted by "smgtheophilus"

http://www.silentlambs.org/

You know, I have a good friend who happens to be JW. I think we need to sit down and have a good, long talk. I have some questions.

I found this link to a transcript from Dateline in 2002. They did an expose on pedophiles within the JW faith. The shocking part is not that there were pedophiles (they are everywhere). No, the disturbing part is the way the elders handled the disclosures.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw100.html

I found this through the link that was posted by "smgtheophilus"

http://www.silentlambs.org/

iim catholic so im the last one to talk about people covering for pedophiles lol (im referring to everyone from bishops to vatican itself)

That was a good catch, KBL. So, NG was working during the infancy and toddlerhood of the little girls. You are right. How in heck could Jaycee have cared for those babies? I can't even consider the possibility that PG was the "stay at home" monster during those years. There just doesn't seem to be a plausible answer to how a 13-14 year old girl would care for a newborn without constant support. This just gets stranger and stranger.

That was a good catch, KBL. So, NG was working during the infancy and toddlerhood of the little girls. You are right. How in heck could Jaycee have cared for those babies? I can't even consider the possibility that PG was the "stay at home" monster during those years. There just doesn't seem to be a plausible answer to how a 13-14 year old girl would care for a newborn without constant support. This just gets stranger and stranger.

the only other possibility is he had other disciples and that's to scary to even consider. we already know jaycee endured both pregnencies under inconcievable circumstances, and delivered healthy babies somehow both times. it's not that far a stretch to think she nursed the girls and fed them at this point. we already know as they got older she was teaching them with what little education she had herself

I found this interesting link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/wat.../Garrido-was-a-very-absorbed-Jehovahs-Witness

Notice that several of the comments are concerning whether or not PG's mother would have had visits from JWs. That's another group of people that were likely in and out of the house. I haven't seen this mentioned before. The commenter calls it "shepherding visits". Wouldn't they have noticed something wrong with this picture?

To me this seems like a perfect educational opportunity. The JWs could train their people to watch for abuse when they visit in homes. I would also think that if PG was a practicing JW, the elders would have been aware of his RSO status and thus guided him and counseled him in this facet of his life. Wouldn't they have questioned who the girls were?

You are forgetting that she would have helped her mom with with sister for 22 months. She would have been familiar with baby issues.

You are forgetting that she would have helped her mom with with sister for 22 months. She would have been familiar with baby issues.

i agree that helped.
problem is she was helping with shayna under ideal conditions. the fact she did as well with her own girls under garridos conditions is a miracle.

This might sound far-fetched but Im thinking PG is crazy like a fox. Hasnt it been reported that he used religion to keep from having to go to the state institution? Well most of us know that if a criminal has some success in some area they tend to keep using it over and over. Well what if he isnt a religious fanatic at all. Its all to throw people off of his true personallity. After all if you see a guy on the street who seems crazy isnt he a little less threatening if you think hes religious? Isnt he less threatening if he has children with him? The religion thing could be used to many advantages if you think about it, like in donations to the church. Milking people out of money being one of the biggies. I saw an interview with a women he did business with and she said he asked for several thousand dollars to put a new bathroom in the church. It would help you seem like you have changed in the eyes of LE. Handing out pamplets is also a good way to be out on the street without seeming to be up to something. Could he just stand around in front of the college where there are alot of young girls btw and not seem suspicious? Does anyone else not buy into the hes doing Gods work stuff or is it just me?:angel:

This might sound far-fetched but Im thinking PG is crazy like a fox. Hasnt it been reported that he used religion to keep from having to go to the state institution? Well most of us know that if a criminal has some success in some area they tend to keep using it over and over. Well what if he isnt a religious fanatic at all. Its all to throw people off of his true personallity. After all if you see a guy on the street who seems crazy isnt he a little less threatening if you think hes religious? Isnt he less threatening if he has children with him? The religion thing could be used to many advantages if you think about it, like in donations to the church. Milking people out of money being one of the biggies. I saw an interview with a women he did business with and she said he asked for several thousand dollars to put a new bathroom in the church. It would help you seem like you have changed in the eyes of LE. Handing out pamplets is also a good way to be out on the street without seeming to be up to something. Could he just stand around in front of the college where there are alot of young girls btw and not seem suspicious? Does anyone else not buy into the hes doing Gods work stuff or is it just me?:angel:

your absolutely right cindy. guy is a con man besides his other problems. he doesnt really believe this religous stuff.......its a smokescreen for his money making schemes

Another tidbit here covers his time in Leavenworth:

"During his first year in prison in Leavenworth, Kan., Garrido told prison psychologist J.B. Kielbauch he did not want to be "released from incarceration to a program of psychological treatment" because of religion.

"Interestingly, Mr. Garrido asked that he be permitted another three years of incarceration in lieu of that so he could complete his current program of training and religious development," Kielbauch wrote.

Kielbauch's 1978 mental evaluation also said Garrido had become a "very absorbed" Jehovah's Witness practitioner. "When he commits to a cause or purpose," the psychologist wrote, "he tends to approach it with extreme zeal and diligence."

"Prognosis for successful transition to the community is considered very good," Kielbauch wrote. "The likelihood of further extralegal behaviors on Mr. Garrido's part is seen as minimal." "

full article here

Another tidbit here covers his time in Leavenworth:

"During his first year in prison in Leavenworth, Kan., Garrido told prison psychologist J.B. Kielbauch he did not want to be "released from incarceration to a program of psychological treatment" because of religion.

"Interestingly, Mr. Garrido asked that he be permitted another three years of incarceration in lieu of that so he could complete his current program of training and religious development," Kielbauch wrote.

Kielbauch's 1978 mental evaluation also said Garrido had become a "very absorbed" Jehovah's Witness practitioner. "When he commits to a cause or purpose," the psychologist wrote, "he tends to approach it with extreme zeal and diligence."

"Prognosis for successful transition to the community is considered very good," Kielbauch wrote. "The likelihood of further extralegal behaviors on Mr. Garrido's part is seen as minimal." "

full article here

what a bunch of tools...........
was this guy really that good a con man or are everybody that got fooled by him just dumb?

Garrido was smart enough to keep himself out of a mental health facility, probably knowing that there was a chance he might be further held indefinitely, at the say so of one or two doctors. At least in the prison system, he had a release date -- whether it was (full time) far away, or (parole time) not so far away -- and he fixed it so that he entered the community with minimal supervision . And it sounds like the psych hospital was a community based option -- meaning, halfway house with outpatient type care. He turned that down for three more years in a closed facility, and of course a chance to be near and court Nancy. Getting married was just the cherry on the cake, in terms of securing a parole date as early as he did. He knew how to navigate the system.

Garrido was smart enough to keep himself out of a mental health facility, probably knowing that there was a chance he might be further held indefinitely, at the say so of one or two doctors. At least in the prison system, he had a release date -- whether it was (full time) far away, or (parole time) not so far away -- and he fixed it so that he entered the community with minimal supervision . And it sounds like the psych hospital was a community based option -- meaning, halfway house with outpatient type care. He turned that down for three more years in a closed facility, and of course a chance to be near and court Nancy. Getting married was just the cherry on the cake, in terms of securing a parole date as early as he did. He knew how to navigate the system.

sickening. and then we have to sit back and listen to the 'he fooled a lot of people nonsense' from LE when people like this re offend. tell that to jaycee, shes the one you guys owe 18 years of her life.......

I found this article concerning the treatment of pedophiles in the JW faith/church. I'm posting it so everyone can draw their own conclusions. It worries me that, as we have seen in other churches, there seems to be a systemic attempt to handle the crimes of pedophilia and sex abuse within the confines of the church rather than to hand off the disclosures to secular experts. JMO

http://www.freeminds.org/sociology/...ophilia-in-the-jehovahs-witness-religion.html

Note that this article was written (or posted) after Jaycee was found. I find it odd that the author did not mention the Garrido case.

I found this article concerning the treatment of pedophiles in the JW faith/church. I'm posting it so everyone can draw their own conclusions. It worries me that, as we have seen in other churches, there seems to be a systemic attempt to handle the crimes of pedophilia and sex abuse within the confines of the church rather than to hand off the disclosures to secular experts. JMO

http://www.freeminds.org/sociology/...ophilia-in-the-jehovahs-witness-religion.html

Note that this article was written (or posted) after Jaycee was found. I find it odd that the author did not mention the Garrido case.

like i said in an earlier post, this thing reaches all the way up to the vatican in my church. cover for the pedohpile, shun the victim and there family.
disgusting

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back