Gas Cans

Originally Posted by SuziQ
Today, 07:02 AM
SuziQ

SS, here is the comment about when George stated a neighbor took the gas cans.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17058741/detail.html

(snips)
Friday, investigators went to the Anthony family home and removed gas cans. The cans were reported stolen in late June around the time Caylee may have disappeared. George Anthony said the cans were taken by a neighbor but admits his daughter had stolen gas from his home in the past. Sources close to the investigation say they don't believe the cans were used to burn or destroy evidence. But investigators do want to test the cans to see if they were near Caylee before she disappeared.

WOOHOO! Thanks bunches, Suzi!!!

OK...(Hands on hips) NOW...who was it who doubted my word before and made me spend over an hour trying to find that?!?!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2451265&postcount=397

Now we know why Casey had to borrow the neighbor's shovel... her parents kept theirs in the same place as the gas.

But with the price of gas these days, I have to think most people lock up their gas supplies. And you'd lock it up for sure to keep young children from getting to it.

I can see George would assume ANYONE could have broken in & stolen the gas.

:rolleyes:breaking into a shed for a shovel
and for gas to be stolen
considering the timeframe & the
things mysteriously mentioned...
oh yes I bet Caylee is as safe as Casey insists she is????

GM mentions this word a lot
PUZZLE
say what?
Puzzle?
The only puzzle is why they didn't adopt Caylee from Casey in the first place.

:rolleyes:breaking into a shed for a shovel
and for gas to be stolen
considering the timeframe & the
things mysteriously mentioned...
oh yes I bet Caylee is as safe as Casey insists she is????

GM mentions this word a lot
PUZZLE
say what?
Puzzle?
The only puzzle is why they didn't adopt Caylee from Casey in the first place.

were the gas cans recovered/Fingerprinted/or are they safe someplace too??

This is a portion of a transcript from Nancy Grace, regarding the gas cans...

Nancy Grace:
"Well, I can tell you what it has to do with it, Peter. During the period of time that she was AWOL from her family, the fact that she may have been coming back and forth to the home to steal till gasoline at night is very, to me, evidentiary -- I mean, that she wouldn`t let her mother, her own mother, the child`s grandmother, see the child, but she would come back -- that says to me the child was already gone at that time. That`s what it says to me, that she would sneak back and steal gasoline so her mother wouldn`t see that she wasn`t with the child. You know, two and two is four, connect the dots thing, Peter."

I hadn't thought about it that way. :eek:

Any idea if/when the grandparents took a vacation? TIA

(I have the strangest feeling Casey wanted her mother to raise Caylee)

http://i34.tinypic.com/oqj30i.jpg

Shed/pool to the left

I'm very drawn to the area under the dollhouse (now covered with wood)

If the GP's were away...The shed would be a possible hideout for Casey

I trust the search dogs.....

Last night on Nancy Grace...
She said the cadaver dogs had hit on the area under the dollhouse!

I need some help clarifying this gas can deal. It is my understanding that CSI tested the gas cans to see if they had anything on the bottom of them. Is this true?

If so, answer this. Who would steal the gas cans and then bring them back. Yea, they needed the gas, but thieves wouldn't return the cans. JMO

Last night on Nancy Grace...
She said the cadaver dogs had hit on the area under the dollhouse!

Those doll houses don't have floors do they? I'm thinking that this would've been a good place to hide Caylle until Casey could figure out what to do with her body.

It would be called a "playhouse" as opposed to a dollhouse.

Some of them have floors, some of them don't have floors, just the four walls. Depends on the kind you buy.

Have there been ANY consistent statements from any of the Anthonys (besides Lee) to the media regarding ANY part of this investigation:mad:? I trust them even less than the Clintons. And that's saying something.

Have there been ANY consistent statements from any of the Anthonys (besides Lee) to the media regarding ANY part of this investigation:mad:? I trust them even less than the Clintons. And that's saying something.

About the gas cans as that's the thread you are in! :)

Today in the "Cindy & George" interview by Greta, George claims the gas cans consisted of a one and a quarter gallon and a two and a half gallon.

:waitasec: Even at $10 per gallon, three and three quarters gallons of gas does not come close to $50 worth! :liar: :liar: pants on fire!

Something I was wondering about with the gas cans. If Casey stole the gas, wouldn't she have just poured the gas into the car's tank when she was at the house and then put the gas cans back into the shed? It would be easier to hide the theft, cans still in the shed, they'd have to be checked to know they were empty. It makes no sense to me that she would actually put the gas cans into the car if she was needing it for fuel for the car. The only reason I see her taking the gas still in the gas cans is if she needed the gas for something other than the car. This was during the time she was busy using her mothers credit card wasn't it? Why would she have not used it to fill up the tank along with everything else?

VB

Something I was wondering about with the gas cans. If Casey stole the gas, wouldn't she have just poured the gas into the car's tank when she was at the house and then put the gas cans back into the shed? It would be easier to hide the theft, cans still in the shed, they'd have to be checked to know they were empty. It makes no sense to me that she would actually put the gas cans into the car if she was needing it for fuel for the car. The only reason I see her taking the gas still in the gas cans is if she needed the gas for something other than the car. This was during the time she was busy using her mothers credit card wasn't it? Why would she have not used it to fill up the tank along with everything else?

VB

The only reason I can think of is IF her car had run out of gas and she got a ride from someone to her parent's, where she knew her dad had gas stored.
That way she wouldn't have to worry about buying cans or putting a hefty deposit down to 'borrow' a gas can; if they even still do that at gas stations in Florida.

Wasn't there a "rumor" that Casey may have had someone with her when she borrowed that shovel?

George Anthony says that one day he was in the garage.Casey comes in the car,he says he needed something from the car?Forget what now have to locate transcripts[ that was from a 2 hr. GRETA interview with him] so anyway, Casey did not want him to look in the car trunk.
So he finally does and what is in the trunk?
The two stolen gas cans she was there to return them ot something?
At least MR.G. A. seems to want to tell truth since he will have to eventually anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK
Back