Gastonguay Family That Left US In Sailboat Over Religious Freedom Was Lost At Sea For

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Tulessa, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

2. Loading...

3. Reader

Reader New Member

I've read several articles on this family/situation and have concerns with these contradictions:

It seems they don't like 'government control' until they need it to get back home after this entirely foolish and dangerous trip. I hope CPS will investigate what the next plans are to be sure the children are not endangered again. IMO

4. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

Only in your opinion was it foolish and dangerous. The 'government' and CPS didn't arrest them for child endangerment, so we can't assume facts not in evidence. <modsnip>

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

so basically, they left because the U.S. isn't 'Christian' enough for them and they want to pick & choose what they pay taxes to the gov't for

good riddance

6. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

What idiots! And who does this with small children- infants???:banghead::banghead::banghead: I'll bet they'll say it was "God's will" that they were stranded in the ocean. This is why it was foolish and dangerous and it's my opinion too!!! Glad they will have to repay the State Dep't $10,000 for their plane tickets.

7. al66pine

al66pine New Member

LinasK posted "Glad they will have to repay the State Dep't $10,000 for their plane tickets."

I'd hope so, but have not read that elsewhere. Link, anybody?

8. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Sean Gastonguay told KTVK-TV he would now have to find work to repay the $10,000 the family borrowed from the US State Department to fly home.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/15/christians-pacific-voyage-rescue-kiribati
    http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/14/4410251/family-stranded-at-sea-is-back.html