Gastonguay Family That Left US In Sailboat Over Religious Freedom Was Lost At Sea For

I've read several articles on this family/situation and have concerns with these contradictions:

Their flights home were arranged by U.S. Embassy officials, Gastonguay said. The U.S. State Department was not immediately available for comment.......

Hannah Gastonguay said her family was fed up with government control in the U.S.......

Hannah Gastonguay said the family will now "go back to Arizona" and "come up with a new plan."........

It seems they don't like 'government control' until they need it to get back home after this entirely foolish and dangerous trip. I hope CPS will investigate what the next plans are to be sure the children are not endangered again. IMO

entirely foolish and dangerous trip. I hope CPS will investigate what the next plans are to be sure the children are not endangered again. IMO

Only in your opinion was it foolish and dangerous. The 'government' and CPS didn't arrest them for child endangerment, so we can't assume facts not in evidence. <modsnip>

so basically, they left because the U.S. isn't 'Christian' enough for them and they want to pick & choose what they pay taxes to the gov't for

good riddance

What idiots! And who does this with small children- infants???:banghead::banghead::banghead: I'll bet they'll say it was "God's will" that they were stranded in the ocean. This is why it was foolish and dangerous and it's my opinion too!!! Glad they will have to repay the State Dep't $10,000 for their plane tickets.

LinasK posted "Glad they will have to repay the State Dep't $10,000 for their plane tickets."

I'd hope so, but have not read that elsewhere. Link, anybody?

LinasK posted "Glad they will have to repay the State Dep't $10,000 for their plane tickets."

I'd hope so, but have not read that elsewhere. Link, anybody?
Sean Gastonguay told KTVK-TV he would now have to find work to repay the $10,000 the family borrowed from the US State Department to fly home.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/15/christians-pacific-voyage-rescue-kiribati
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/14/4410251/family-stranded-at-sea-is-back.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back