GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarjessi, I was in court when that was examined through interviews with the three children. Personally I don't believe he did.

Cheers bikerchick for explaining :cheers: II am glad to hear that through the interviews it seems unlikely. I just thought that might have added to the whole premeditation but perhaps it wasn't planned? To be honest there seem to be a few possibilities to how it occurred and that is not entirely clear. The one thing that does seem clear to me is that he was involved in her death and I sincerely hope he is convicted.

I didn't mind the crazed rambling convoluted dribble today, from either Mr Byrne or Gerard... it was extremely informative, gem after gem after gem... Mr Byrne is paid to do it but Gerard does it for free, so I paid more attention because this is his choice.. he chose to do this, out of desperation, which I doubt, but out of a deep and profound need to re-paint and re-establish the former invention of himself that had been second nature to him..

Every day, he got up and did this story to himself, and to whatever audience was silly enough to indulge him..

The unintentional comedy of it was exquisite, and it may go on for some time.. I relish this.

I was intrigued by Doc Watsons question, why the Kholo Creek?? I know nothing about the topography of the area.. in the beginning, the location of her body was too close to home and not far enough away from home for it not to be a local. A very local local. I don't think it was chosen at random, either.. there is significance in the burying place of Alison.. possibly significance even unknown to the killer, possibly glaringly obvious to the killer, but it , by the very virtue of it being exactly where it was , a practiced and rehearsed run at it makes more sense to me than a panicked hurl in the dark...

You were totally right Trooper...GBC has taken the stand and I am astounded. I thought today when I read that GBC stated that the girls were up late and normally they would be up quite early, that it could also point to him possibly giving the kids something to keep them asleep for the night? I honestly cannot see how the man is innocent with the evidence presented so far.

I don't think he did either or he would have left a google trail re dosages. It's not the sort of thing you'd want to do without checking it's safe first.

For those who know the area, what's your thought about where 'you' would leave Allison's body? Are there better places? Somewhere to the west? Gold creek? That reservoir? Off Gap Creek Rd? All of those places are near where there are houses or recreational facilities aren't they? Maybe Kholo Creek is the closest place that fits the bill.

snipped from other thread~

I'm pretty sure GBC said Allison had 2 walking outfits and he checked which one was gone. While looking it up found the outfit used on mannequin when Allison disappeared. The jumper isn't there though.

442292-missing.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clay-still-missing-as-husband-gerard-baden-clay-returns-to-brookfield-home-he-shared-with-her-until-she-vanished-a-week-ago/story-e6freoof-1226339257059

Olivia said a black or white T-shirt G had told her.

Ms Baden-Walton said she saw some women on Savages Rd and spoke to them, but they asked her what Ms Baden-Clay would have been wearing.

She said she called her brother again to find out what his wife would have been wearing.

“I recall him saying something like three-quarter pants or tracksuit pants and a black or white T-shirt, he thought, and I asked if her hair would have been in a ponytail and he thought it probably would have been,” she said.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226955474656

From Transcript of Police Interview with Det Simmons on 20th April G said "She had a singlet top, um!"

I see GBC thought it necessary to mention during his murder trial, what he was doing the day Princess Diana died. Maybe he thinks his lineage entitles him to feel some close connection there?

Whatever. I don't think the Olympic athlete reference worked too well, given what's happening in South Africa at the moment. And if he's going to mention grand lineage and influential (and therefore incapable of committing a crime?) people, in the hope they'll somehow be associated with him - he'd better be careful.

It might also stir memories of Lord Lucan.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lord-lucan-escaped-africa-and-could-743032

Typical narcissist, relating important events, people or institutions back to themselves like they somehow had a role to play in it.

To me him mentioning Princess Di's death and Keiran Perkins gold medal (ugh) then directly linking it to an event in his life somehow puts himself as part of said event. His daughter was an 'Olympic baby'? How about the best thing that ever happened to you, oh no that's not enough, it has to be connected to the biggest event on the planet to be special ya know :banghead:

Listening to him and experiencing how vile he really is is a smart move IMO, let's show everyone what a despicable, egotistical mods nip he is and suicide may seem actually like a reasonable explanation.

only just got home.......omg how many pages do i have to read to catch up ???? Am going back to start at the beginning but felt quite lonely being back there so i thought i'd pop on here to say hi. As i was making my way here scrolled past lots of 'c' words ..... And was literally loling and then had to explain to my husband..... And never sounds quite so hilarious when i'm explaining to him. Anyway thanks in advance for all the updates and opinions i'm about to read. ( and jokes, i'm sure!) hopefully will catch up before my bedtime!

c21!!

Mr Baden-Clay elected to step into the witness box to give evidence. Mr Baden-Clay's choice exposes him to intense cross-examination by the prosecution. It also allows the prosecution to deliver its closing address last.

During his at times rambling testimony, Mr Baden-Clay spoke about his relationship with his wife, recalling in great detail their travels around the world, even noting where he and his wife were when they learned of Princess Diana's death.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-11-week-3-20140626-3aumz.html#ixzz35jzVhph1

Bring on the cross examination!!! :whoosh:

snipped from other thread~

I'm pretty sure GBC said Allison had 2 walking outfits and he checked which one was gone. While looking it up found the outfit used on mannequin when Allison disappeared. The jumper isn't there though.

442292-missing.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clay-still-missing-as-husband-gerard-baden-clay-returns-to-brookfield-home-he-shared-with-her-until-she-vanished-a-week-ago/story-e6freoof-1226339257059

Thanks Prime. Yes I read/listened to that in the police interview. It still strikes me as weird though.

It was discussed at length a few days back now (I'll see if i can find link). But what bothers me is - who would know exactly which outfit is missing from your partner's wardrobe? He had time to search to work that out? Through laundry etc? In his frantic rush that morning, along with everything else?

btw The mannequin looks quite approximate - he said grey outfit and even managed to be specific about a singlet top, not a shirt in the police interview.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30814&d=1363404503

You were totally right Trooper...GBC has taken the stand and I am astounded. I thought today when I read that GBC stated that the girls were up late and normally they would be up quite early, that it could also point to him possibly giving the kids something to keep them asleep for the night? I honestly cannot see how the man is innocent with the evidence presented so far.

lots of accused murderers.. and murderesses do not take the stand.. but there is a certain type that do.. and with enthusiasm.. Gerard was always in that category.. how that man loves to yap on about himself!!..

And he would feel that only he could do the selling job vis his super self.. no one else could do it like he could, this obviously , is Gerards state of mind..

the other main driver for him being on the stand is the money.. Gerard has his eye firmly fixed on that insurance payout, plus interest accrued lo these past 2 years, and nothing and no one is going to come between him and those dollars.. Nothing. there is no way he wouldn't take charge of acquiring that money himself.. he is still under the delusion that he is (a) capable of it, and ( b) the only one capable of wrenching that money from the Govt Trustee, and (c) entitled to it.

Knowing not a great deal about Mr Byrne and his team, I considered the possibility that they would pull Gerard's head in, like a runaway horse, but your average Gerard treats reins as so much fairyfloss.. He may even have persuaded them that it was for the best he be on the stand..

I don't think he did either or he would have left a google trail re dosages. It's not the sort of thing you'd want to do without checking it's safe first.

For those who know the area, what's your thought about where 'you' would leave Allison's body? Are there better places? Somewhere to the west? Gold creek? That reservoir? Off Gap Creek Rd? All of those places are near where there are houses or recreational facilities aren't they? Maybe Kholo Creek is the closest place that fits the bill.

I had the thought that G had travelled to the Northern Territory with the girls, and if he had driven he may have experience with travel tablets to sedate the girls. I don't know if he did drive though. Just a thought

Were the girls asked if there was anyone else (i.e. family members) at the house that night? I think GBC may be answered honestly when he said he didn't leave the girls alone. Either he stayed with them while someone else took Alison, or vice versa.

I see GBC thought it necessary to mention during his murder trial, what he was doing the day Princess Diana died. Maybe he thinks his lineage entitles him to feel some close connection there?

Whatever. I don't think the Olympic athlete reference worked too well, given what's happening in South Africa at the moment. And if he's going to mention grand lineage and influential (and therefore incapable of committing a crime?) people, in the hope they'll somehow be associated with him - he'd better be careful.

It might also stir memories of Lord Lucan.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lord-lucan-escaped-africa-and-could-743032

Lol yes - just couldn't help name-dropping. :rolleyes:

Ms Baden-Walton said she saw some women on Savages Rd and spoke to them, but they asked her what Ms Baden-Clay would have been wearing.

She said she called her brother again to find out what his wife would have been wearing.

“I recall him saying something like three-quarter pants or tracksuit pants and a black or white T-shirt, he thought, and I asked if her hair would have been in a ponytail and he thought it probably would have been,” she said.

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226955474656

From Transcript of Police Interview with Det Simmons on 20th April G said "She had a singlet top, um!"

Yes, I remember that too, GBC said singlet top.

Thanks Prime. Yes I read/listened to that in the police interview. It still strikes me as weird though.

It was discussed at length a few days back now (I'll see if i can find link). But what bothers me is - who would know exactly which outfit is missing from your partner's wardrobe? He had time to search to work that out? Through laundry etc? In his frantic rush that morning, along with everything else?

btw The mannequin looks quite approximate - he said grey outfit and even managed to be specific about a singlet top, not a shirt in the police interview.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30814&d=1363404503

Yes, singlet top, so maybe mannequin isn't quite right except for the 3/4 grey pants.
I have a gut feeling GBC is the kind of guy that knows what clothes Allison wore/bought. jmo

“To be perfectly candid with you it came to a point where I was doing 80, to 90 nearly 100 per cent of the parenting, I couldn’t breastfeed, but…"

There is much about GBC's words and actions that is offensive, but this particularly so from his diatribe today. I wondered if he might have even had a little chuckle - a joke with his audience - in making this statement.
He is a misogynist IMO.

Were the girls asked if there was anyone else (i.e. family members) at the house that night? I think GBC may be answered honestly when he said he didn't leave the girls alone. Either he stayed with them while someone else took Alison, or vice versa.

Agree. He seemed to say that so emphatically.

I was intrigued by Doc Watsons question, why the Kholo Creek?? I know nothing about the topography of the area.. in the beginning, the location of her body was too close to home and not far enough away from home for it not to be a local. A very local local. I don't think it was chosen at random, either.. there is significance in the burying place of Alison.. possibly significance even unknown to the killer, possibly glaringly obvious to the killer, but it , by the very virtue of it being exactly where it was , a practiced and rehearsed run at it makes more sense to me than a panicked hurl in the dark...

It's a very quiet dark road 9pm-4am there are no street lights near the bridge nor houses that look directly on to the area there are bends in the road before and after the bridge so if you were to park in the bush area at the time of Allison's disappearance you would see the car lights before they saw you if they would see you at all. The location of her body under the bridge would not have been visable from traffic or from any helicopters, she would be simply stuck there where she was placed to decompose. Who ever put her there probably throught she would never be found. I travel over the bridge twice daily during the week on the school run to & from the grammar school. I feel terrible that I drove over the bridge while Allison was under there. I also remember someone on WS saying they got a creepy feeling while driving over the bridge, I was almost tempted to go and look. I wish I had!

No woman would put their hair in a ponytail until AFTER the first wash after a visit to the hairdresser! You just can't get it as nice at home, so you'd never waste a good hair do by popping it in a pony.., MOO

Sent from my T-Hub2 using Tapatalk

It's a very quite dark road 9pm-4am there are no street lights near the bridge nor houses that look directly on to the area there are bends in the road before and after the bridge so if you were to park in the bush area at the time of Allison's disappearance you would see the car lights before they saw you if they would see you at all. The location of her body under the bridge would not have been visable from traffic or from any helicopters, she would be simply stuck there where she was placed to decompose. Who ever put her there probably throught she would never be found. I travel over the bridge twice daily during the week on the school run to & from the grammar school. I feel terrible that I drove over the bridge while Allison was under there. I also remember someone on WS saying they got a creepy feeling while driving over the bridge, I was almost tempted to go and look. I wish I had!
Could this be where G took his 'dates'. Is that why he thought it was safe. He had already tested it out?

“To be perfectly candid with you it came to a point where I was doing 80, to 90 nearly 100 per cent of the parenting, I couldn’t breastfeed, but…"

That statement alone is completely offensive to the intelligence of most people I would think. Like, WOW! "I did everything else except breast feed"! Amazing! IMO after hearing what he said in court today I have a sneaky suspicion that he thought he was special and hung around after the birth just in case his milk "came down" and he could in fact breast feed. I bet he wishes he could have given birth too and rambled on and on and on about how painful and horrendous it all was.

lots of accused murderers.. and murderesses do not take the stand.. but there is a certain type that do.. and with enthusiasm.. Gerard was always in that category.. how that man loves to yap on about himself!!..

And he would feel that only he could do the selling job vis his super self.. no one else could do it like he could, this obviously , is Gerards state of mind..

the other main driver for him being on the stand is the money.. Gerard has his eye firmly fixed on that insurance payout, plus interest accrued lo these past 2 years, and nothing and no one is going to come between him and those dollars.. Nothing. there is no way he wouldn't take charge of acquiring that money himself.. he is still under the delusion that he is (a) capable of it, and ( b) the only one capable of wrenching that money from the Govt Trustee, and (c) entitled to it.

Knowing not a great deal about Mr Byrne and his team, I considered the possibility that they would pull Gerard's head in, like a runaway horse, but your average Gerard treats reins as so much fairyfloss.. He may even have persuaded them that it was for the best he be on the stand..

You are so right Trooper - I completely agree. I just thought maybe he would follow advice for some reason...but with what you have said he is the type that is not easily reigned in. He honestly reminds me a bit of Jodi Arias...I wonder if his body language is similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288